03/26/08 [DMFA #890] - The surprisingly feminine hero

Started by MT Hazard, March 26, 2008, 06:26:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

First post! where is everybody?

Looks like the first of many embarrassments for Dan.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

computer nerd

well i wonder how long will people think that Dan is  a girl  :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 26, 2008, 06:26:31 AM
First post! where is everybody?
Off trying to fix other people's tape decks on another board?  :3

Interesting colouring in the bad guys.  Especially the eyes...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

I haven't been keeping up with the radio show, has Dan got a masculine or feminine voice on the recordings?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 26, 2008, 06:39:35 AM
I haven't been keeping up with the radio show, has Dan got a masculine or feminine voice on the recordings?

he got a kinda effemenate male voice that suits bishounen and really tough girls

but the question now is what the amazons will think of dan once he 'reveals' himself as being estrogen challenged. really, do amazons hate anyone with a package or is there some other explanation they don't have men?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 26, 2008, 06:39:35 AM

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/church_p7.wav.mp3

It was tempting to link to one of the Danielle recordings....

Lucheek

Hehehe...so the Amazons here do dislike men.

I wonder why that would displease DP.

Jadian

I, however, wonder what level of shock would be suffered if Dan just went right out and proved them wrong with his manhood.

However, being that this comic PG, he's probably going to just going to either play along as he fights them, or try to let them know in far less conviencing ways that he is a guy.  In this case, we get laughs as his womanhood is probably going to get insulted quite a bit before the discovery is made  :U

Jigsaw Forte

And on a side note, Kudos for Amber doing Graz justice. That's not an easy character.

Wanderer

...Am I the only one who has never EVER been able to see anything remotely feminine about Dan, except when he dressed up specifically for Biggs?

Paul

Quote from: Wanderer on March 26, 2008, 07:59:17 AM...Am I the only one who has never EVER been able to see anything remotely feminine about Dan, except when he dressed up specifically for Biggs?
Dan seems pretty masculine to me too, but then again, I'm not sure what the standards of manlihood are in the multi-species, any-shape-size-and-colour-goes DMFA universe.

At any rate, I now imagine Dan must have a rather feminine voice.

But seriously, the abductors really ought to have noticed his complete lack of boobs.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Paul on March 26, 2008, 08:25:49 AM
But seriously, the abductors really ought to have noticed his complete lack of boobs.

That's not as good an indicator as you might think.

Paul

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 26, 2008, 08:52:34 AM
Quote from: Paul on March 26, 2008, 08:25:49 AM
Not out in the real world, true, but IIRC all DMFA female characters so far have had noticeable boobage...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Paul on March 26, 2008, 09:10:34 AM
Not out in the real world, true, but IIRC all DMFA female characters so far have had noticeable boobage...

But there have to be some flat-chested girls out there! But seriously, how much longer can people mistake Dannie for a girl? I can understand that those dimwitted mythos could make such a mistake, but now we are talking about obviously intelligent villains.

Also, Graz looks awesome. I bet he was the one to subdue the amazons. But why are his glasses cracked?

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Wanderer on March 26, 2008, 07:59:17 AM
...Am I the only one who has never EVER been able to see anything remotely feminine about Dan, except when he dressed up specifically for Biggs?

Nah, you're not alone in that department; that's me too.  But I'm glad I'm not alone in the department who couldn't believe that Dan wouldn't have a masculine enough voice, at least for his captors.  I swear.   :erk

Not to mention there are plenty of other ways of pointing males out (thickness and callousness of hands for example), but I guess most of those don't apply in a world of furres.   :P

Regardless, I'm loving the last panel wherein he's putting it all together...and looks as if he's gonna go insane on that little misunderstanding.  :mwaha
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Pagan

Perhaps the dress overpowers everything else? I'm thinking this might be the first time he got mistaken for a girl.

And how long ago did we guess this again?
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 26, 2008, 10:07:58 AM
Nah, you're not alone in that department; that's me too.  But I'm glad I'm not alone in the department who couldn't believe that Dan wouldn't have a masculine enough voice.

Note that he hasn't said anything yet.  That might be the point where they realise their mistake.  Unless he's sufficiently scared for his voice to be high-pitched, of course...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Paul on March 26, 2008, 09:10:34 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 26, 2008, 08:52:34 AM

Hmm. How about here, although I'll admit it depends on how she's sitting...

In the worst case, panel 1 or panel 4 for a female with no noticeable boobage...

Writer

Remember that Dan is an Incubi, people. He might simply 'hit off' with creatures the right way...He certainly seems to be doing it everywhere else. And Amazons being Amazons, they'd naturally hit off well with other femme fatales.

Also, dear Amber, thank you ever so much for making me grin like a cheshire cat. Again. :boogie

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 26, 2008, 10:33:14 AM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on March 26, 2008, 10:07:58 AM
Nah, you're not alone in that department; that's me too.  But I'm glad I'm not alone in the department who couldn't believe that Dan wouldn't have a masculine enough voice.

Note that he hasn't said anything yet.  That might be the point where they realise their mistake.  Unless he's sufficiently scared for his voice to be high-pitched, of course...

And the look on his face in the last panel clearly shows that he is scared more than enough.

Jadian

It's quite an easy mistake to make, especially since not only have they only seen Dan's face, but also:  the Mythos went hunting maidens, and they would seem to believe they were smart enough not to get effeminiate guys as well.

I also like how he's putting it all together.  Word math anyone?  :D

Not sure want you meant with that panel 1 link, llearch.  That's Biggs who's in that panel, not a female  :P

And Writer, remember thought though Dan is an Incubi, this is a flashback.  He hasn't...matured as a cubi yet, so we can't easily attribute it to that.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jadian on March 26, 2008, 10:46:35 AM
Not sure want you meant with that panel 1 link, llearch.  That's Biggs who's in that panel, not a female  :P

Llearch is just messing with our minds. That's Destania masquerading as Biggs there, not Biggs himself.

Writer

Quote from: Jadian on March 26, 2008, 10:46:35 AM
Not sure want you meant with that panel 1 link, llearch.  That's Biggs who's in that panel, not a female  :P

And Writer, remember thought though Dan is an Incubi, this is a flashback.  He hasn't...matured as a cubi yet, so we can't easily attribute it to that.

Oh, it's not Biggs, it's Dan's mother in disguise. Without boobs. Subtle. Very subtle. >_>

It still might be possible, though. Remember he lived three years on beer? That's certainly an incubi effect, so whether or not he has his headwings yet, he's still an incubi.

Jack McSlay

I believe that a robe is a kind of outfit loose enough to make most people consider that not-too-big boobs would fit in it without being actually noticeable.
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Jadian

Ah, so I was just an ignoramous, and didn't notice any of the hints in those strips.  At all.  Or the title #873.  Yup, missed all those hints.  Every one of them.

...I suppose I should visit the forum more often, see how much else I'm missing :B

And yeah, I hadn't thought about that, Writer.  Sleep would be good now, I'll head to bed after this...and maybe start thinking again in a day.  Or three.  If I'm lucky...

GabrielsThoughts

Sadly I already knew where this was going the moment Daniel got kidnapped.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kenji

Kuari

You know...  it's hard to tell if Dan is scared, or if he's about to fly into a berserk rage like he did when Wildy took him and Merlitz out to a night club.