03/19/08 [DMFA #888] - Smart or stupid?

Started by Tapewolf, March 19, 2008, 06:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I'm not quite sure if that's a spell or a sound effect...
Oh yeah, and I love the expressions.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think it's a smart move... if the Amazons lost.

It's not a given...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Something tells me that they hopped out and bumped either in Dark P himself, but then the sound effect would have been a bit different, or in one of his magically capable henchmen, who just zapped them with some Thunder-based paralyzing spell.

Caswin

Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Madmann135

the diffrence between a smart move, a bad move and a lucky move can be as thin as a hair.
I think Dan's luck held out and he made a lucky, bad but smart move.

Poor amazons so cute yet they got zappideyed.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on March 19, 2008, 08:49:10 AM

Well, since they weren't dead when they got put in the box, it's likely that they're needed alive.  If only so DP can sacrifice them or somesuch...

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 19, 2008, 08:52:46 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on March 19, 2008, 08:49:10 AM

Well, since they weren't dead when they got put in the box, it's likely that they're needed alive.  If only so DP can sacrifice them or somesuch...

A mild example of Zappideyed.
I know they should still be alive but when it comes to kidnapping amazons and Dan... well things become difficult for the kidnappers

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Fresnor

I'd say it was more of a stupid move... considering he IS the on with the magically protection enhanced dress.  :mowtongue

Akisohida

Anyone but me want to see Amber pull a Prince of Persia? You know, how in all three games, the Prince is supposed to be narrating. When you hit pause, his voice says 'I can wait'.

Well, if you die (since he is narrating, therefor everything you do already happened), he says 'Wait..it did not happen like that.' I kinda want to see DP (if it is him) win and then Dan go 'Wait a tic...I got that all wrong!'

Yeah, I am odd.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Anri

I'm going with the smart option. Getting zapped aside, can you imagine what Wildy would have done to him? Well, no, we don't have to imagine since we found out at SAIA.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Akisohida on March 19, 2008, 10:15:32 AM
Anyone but me want to see Amber pull a Prince of Persia? You know, how in all three games, the Prince is supposed to be narrating. When you hit pause, his voice says 'I can wait'.

Well, if you die (since he is narrating, therefor everything you do already happened), he says 'Wait..it did not happen like that.' I kinda want to see DP (if it is him) win and then Dan go 'Wait a tic...I got that all wrong!'

Yeah, I am odd.

You are not alone. I have drawn a picture of Dan as the Prince of Persia. It's somewhere in the Tower of Art now.

As for whether Dannie was lucky or not when he did not follow the amazons, I would say that it was a mixed blessing. From the way it sounds, all of the amazons were subdued in an instant, so whatever hit them, it hit hard. This way Dan is lucky not to get hit by the same thing. On the other hand, he is wearing an anti-magic robe, and it could have been able to repel whatever spell was used against the amazons. It could even have prevented the amazons from being zapped at all, should Dan be at the spearhead of the assault. But now he will have to face his captors alone. While he may be protected against magic, he will probably be outnumbered. There should be at least two mythi (what is the plural form of "mythos"?), and that "naga" fellow looked rather strong. And since the box was opened, they have probably reached their destination. Which, in turn, means that there might be the boss waiting outside - either Dark P himself, or maybe one of his lieutenants (naga fellow and two-headed one are just small fries). All of this mean that Dan is pretty much out of luck.

Alondro

Hmm, if the Amazons got fried, Dan will be very angry as he was planning on shaggin' the lot o' em that evening!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on March 19, 2008, 11:58:11 AM
Hmm, if the Amazons got fried, Dan will be very angry as he was planning on shaggin' the lot o' em that evening!   ;)

Well, as Tapewolf has said above, Dark P needed the girls alive to sacrifice them, so they are not dead. Yet. If Regina will show up in this flashback, there is a slight possibility that she will eviscerate the amazons. Only a slight possibility... As for Dan getting angry, it is his very first adventure, so he probably lacks any real combat experience, and it is not DBZ, so he won't be able to transform into some Super Form (tm) powered by anger and unleash some serious ownage onto his enemies all of a sudden. :< But that would have been fun.. :B

Lucheek

I have a feeling when the Amazons wake up they might be a little annoyed at Dan not attacking....

but, Dan's survival in mind, I think that was a Good (Sofar) move.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 19, 2008, 11:48:20 AM
On the other hand, he is wearing an anti-magic robe, and it could have been able to repel whatever spell was used against the amazons. It could even have prevented the amazons from being zapped at all, should Dan be at the spearhead of the assault.
Then again, there's the possibility that there's absolutely nothing at all magical about the robe, that Wildy was just messing with him. The snag could have been just random luck keeping him out of the attack.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ren Gaulen

But in the end the question is: Will Dannie be able to vanquish his enemies with his superb swordsmanship, or will he be felled in an uneven battle between good and evil? D:<

... >:[

I sound like some narrator from "DBZ" or something... :[

Fex

waaaah I get the message that the site is not found

Talashar

Huston, we have a problem (missmab.com server not responding)

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

Quote from: Talashar on March 19, 2008, 01:48:18 PM
Huston, we have a problem (missmab.com server not responding)
It's XepherNet, since Last Resort is down too.

SpottedKitty

Odd, I can ping and tracert the site, but I get the same timeout if I try using the IP numbers instead of the name. Could the server have crashed?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Alondro

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 19, 2008, 12:12:32 PM
As for Dan getting angry, it is his very first adventure, so he probably lacks any real combat experience, and it is not DBZ, so he won't be able to transform into some Super Form (tm) powered by anger and unleash some serious ownage onto his enemies all of a sudden. :< But that would have been fun.. :B

Nah, this is a flashback.  Nobody ever has powers in a flashback.  If anything, flashbacks are the place where you see everyone getting pwnd and full of angst at their failure, which then sets up their aquisition of massive powers in the 'present' to have revenge on all the wrongs done to them.    :3

*Charles notes that his flashback would be very very long in that case*  All the torture from years at Charline's mercilessness...  and I'd still have no powers.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on March 19, 2008, 03:26:46 PM
Nah, this is a flashback.  Nobody ever has powers in a flashback.  If anything, flashbacks are the place where you see everyone getting pwnd and full of angst at their failure, which then sets up their aquisition of massive powers in the 'present' to have revenge on all the wrongs done to them.    :3

You are right. I've forgotten that rule of the flashbacks. But in this case Daniel seemed a wee bit too enthusiastic about telling this story. I don't think he would have been so enthusiastic about telling a story full of angst and pain...

*Charles notes that his flashback would be very very long in that case*  All the torture from years at Charline's mercilessness...  and I'd still have no powers.   :<

*Ren smirks* I have to quote Itachi Uchiha: "...Because you lack anger." (I know that the quote is incorrect)

Talashar

...  and I'd still have no powers.   :<

a smile, a kiss, a strategically placed bite... there are many powers...

(don't mind me, it's midnight here & I have no idea what I'm talking about)

Fuyudenki

It has just occurred to me, what if the amazons just got sacrificed?

I'm quite sure they're dead.  I just need to find out how to justify it to the story.

GabrielsThoughts

wrath of the amazon, forging head long  into a forcefield... I wouldn't call it either, If dan had torn the Robe Wildy would have shown up and rescued the whole party...minus Dan's  mutilated body, immediately.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Pagan

I'm thinking it's a "smart" move for the moment. Long run, who knows? This is Amber we're talking about.

By the way, Ren, that actually might be a good reason why Regina was covered in blood, but that doesn't really explain why Regina wants Dan so much.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

ConfusedNewbie

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 19, 2008, 01:16:35 PM
But in the end the question is: Will Dannie be able to vanquish his enemies with his superb swordsmanship, or will he be felled in an uneven battle between good and evil? D:<

... >:[

I sound like some narrator from "DBZ" or something... :[

Indeed you do.
Dan always gets out of nasty situations SOMEHOW, so he's gonna be aw'right xD

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Zedd

Its one of those..."Ask a stupid question...Get a crazy answer" Moments