03/14/08 [DMFA #886] - Card game

Started by Alondro, March 14, 2008, 07:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

And here I thought Dan would go for strip poker.   >:3

How did I end up with the first post?  The world is at an end!   D:

Oh look, this smiley fits something now!   :poker
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jadian

I have to like the blue lady's language there.  Though, that WOULD make for a quite long game of Go Fish...

Wonder how well he got to know them in those few hours.  They probably already did their introductions, too...also, note convenient placing of the green puppy's head  X3

Anri

Quote from: Jadian on March 14, 2008, 07:39:57 AM
also, note convenient placing of the green puppy's head  X3

Yes, makes me wonder if perhaps it IS a game of strip Fish! >_>

mmm, tasty, tasty fish.. wait, what were we talking about?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tikki on March 14, 2008, 08:10:37 AM

The head is not placed too conveniently - Cuddles is still wearing her dress.

What I really like is how Cuddles's face is covered with a shadow, making her eye glow faintly. By the way, where is the light coming from, anyway? I guess there must be some artificial light source, since it would be a bad idea to make windows in a box you use for transportation of kidnapped people.

Madmann135

dan would have the disadvantage of anything with the name "Strip" in it.  He's only wearing a robe and pants at a minimum.

I'm more intrested in why the bunnny's eyes are now yellow instead of red.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Madmann135 on March 14, 2008, 08:16:28 AM
dan would have the disadvantage of anything with the name "Strip" in it.  He's only wearing a robe and pants at a minimum.

The girls are not wearing more items of clothes than him. Probably less. :3 And as for Cuddles's eyes, they always had both red and yellow colour in them. I think they change their colour if you look at them from a different angle.

Timothy

Quote from: Madmann135 on March 14, 2008, 08:16:28 AM

Could be her tapetum lucidum ... likely means she has "cat eyes" that improve vision in low light conditions.  ;)
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

jo-shadow

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 14, 2008, 08:13:01 AM
where is the light coming from, anyway? I guess there must be some artificial light source, since it would be a bad idea to make windows in a box you use for transportation of kidnapped people.

I was wondering about that too.
I think that's just amber taking some artistic license...
After all, if it were really dark, that wouldn't make for a very interesting comic now would it

Jadian

Quote from: Tikki on March 14, 2008, 08:10:37 AM

To be honest, I wasn't thinking accurately when I said that--I was thinking we still hadn't seen a body shot that would have given a hint to her species.

Looking back, I guess I was wrong on that, but still...none of them have enough clothing for a strip game of any kind to last long  :P

Ralanost

Quote from: jo-shadow on March 14, 2008, 09:48:21 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 14, 2008, 08:13:01 AM
where is the light coming from, anyway? I guess there must be some artificial light source, since it would be a bad idea to make windows in a box you use for transportation of kidnapped people.

I was wondering about that too.
I think that's just amber taking some artistic license...
After all, if it were really dark, that wouldn't make for a very interesting comic now would it
Not sure about that.  Groping ones way in the dark can lead to interesting predicaments. >:3

Aleolus

Heh, groping in the dark?  Always fun, especially when you're the only guy in a group of girls!

Zedd

Im quite sure its one those moments with Dan...Well probley this is where he starts to have his thirst for Amazons!

Lucheek

Did Shanna put her shirt back on?

Aleolus

Doubtful, she doesn't strike me as the modest type.

On a similar note, with the Pup's head where it is, does it look like magic-chick isn't wearing a shirt, or is it just me?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Aleolus on March 14, 2008, 03:41:26 PM
Doubtful, she doesn't strike me as the modest type.

On a similar note, with the Pup's head where it is, does it look like magic-chick isn't wearing a shirt, or is it just me?

I think Shanna did put her top back on. Othervice Dannie would have been permanently distracted. And Cuddles is still wearind her dress (look closely and you'll be able to see it).

Anri

Quote from: Aleolus on March 14, 2008, 11:39:53 AM
Heh, groping in the dark?  Always fun, especially when you're the only guy in a group of girls!

With Dan involved, he'd somehow end up groping himself unknowingly. X3

Lucheek

Though if you look at the length of Cuddle's dress in the previous strips, I wouldn't be suprised if sitting down criss-cross could cause some problems.

Darkdragon

And just how do they play cards in the dark?

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Darkdragon on March 14, 2008, 08:19:41 PM

That's what I'm talking about. The light must be coming from something or somewhere. There is probably some sort of a glowstone or some other artificial source of light in one of the upper corners of the box. While I remember that there is a magic barrier reinforcing the box, it would probably not disable some minor magical device inside of the box.

Brunhidden

reminds me of back when i kept a deck of cards on my person at all times, and people frequently had no clue where i produced them from.

its a great habit, people seem hypnotized when you just start shuffling cards when you were previously empty handed. after all, didn't dan say you can hide all kinds of things in a dress?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Abel

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 14, 2008, 08:29:11 PM
Quote from: Darkdragon on March 14, 2008, 08:19:41 PM

That's what I'm talking about. The light must be coming from something or somewhere. There is probably some sort of a glowstone or some other artificial source of light in one of the upper corners of the box. While I remember that there is a magic barrier reinforcing the box, it would probably not disable some minor magical device inside of the box.
I say your over thinking things a bit.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Abel is Irish on March 14, 2008, 09:52:46 PM
I say your over thinking things a bit. Its just a comic.
[/quote]

Yes. I like to do that. For fun. And it is not "just a comic". No good story can be called "just a story". While stuff can be somewhat random here now and then, and with magic anything is possible, it is always fun to speculate and theorize why and how this world works.

Pagan

Ren's right. There's a light source in a closed box. Which leads to the question of what is creating this light source. It's just a bit of something to discuss while we wait for the next comic. It's a good way to pass the time.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Abel

Quote from: Pagan on March 14, 2008, 10:19:46 PM
Ren's right. There's a light source in a closed box. Which leads to the question of what is creating this light source. It's just a bit of something to discuss while we wait for the next comic. It's a good way to pass the time.
Point taken

Lucheek

Random coment, but I looked at this strip again on my dark screen older computer. And all that is left of the corner is an ominous glowing yellow eye...

e_voyager

you learn quickly this is good. as for me i was thinking that the box as it were may have some kind of locking grid top to let in fresh air and light.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: e_voyager on March 14, 2008, 10:52:32 PM
as for me i was thinking that the box as it were may have some kind of locking grid top to let in fresh air and light.

You may be right there. I looked at the previous strips, and it was darker in the box before. It may have been like that: the box on some kind of a cart was moving through the forest (or in any kind of shadow), so there was little sun light getting in. Then it started to move across some field (got out of the shadow), and the amount of light getting in increased. Yeah, it was probably like that.

Quote from: Lucheek on March 14, 2008, 10:50:44 PM
Random coment, but I looked at this strip again on my dark screen older computer. And all that is left of the corner is an ominous glowing yellow eye...

The eye belongs to Cuddles - apparently, it changed the colour from mostly red to mostly yellow. The reasons for that were listed above.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 14, 2008, 11:09:00 PM

The eye belongs to Cuddles - apparently, it changed the colour from mostly red to mostly yellow. The reasons for that were listed above.

You forgot to add the reason of "When there is less space to shade in, the normally small and easily blendable yellow highlights sort of dominated and gave off the appearance she had yellow eyes now."

zopey

and here was me thinking it was something complicated

Lucheek

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on March 14, 2008, 11:09:00 PM
Quote from: e_voyager on March 14, 2008, 10:52:32 PM
as for me i was thinking that the box as it were may have some kind of locking grid top to let in fresh air and light.

You may be right there. I looked at the previous strips, and it was darker in the box before. It may have been like that: the box on some kind of a cart was moving through the forest (or in any kind of shadow), so there was little sun light getting in. Then it started to move across some field (got out of the shadow), and the amount of light getting in increased. Yeah, it was probably like that.

Quote from: Lucheek on March 14, 2008, 10:50:44 PM

Yes, I saw it on my good screen too. Its just kind of creepy on a darkscreen. xD