02/13/08 [DMFA #878] - Reputation is everything.

Started by Tezkat, February 13, 2008, 02:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Somehow this makes me wonder why Biggs didn't try to hire Alexsi earlier. :mowsmile
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

CameronCN

And here I thought Alexsi was only scary to non-customers...

Tapewolf

I see!  So when Dan isn't around, she takes her stress out on the customers instead...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

8) So , who has to pay for extra security, when you can do it yourself ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

schizo

It is strips like this that make me wonder just why she needed a bodyguard.

kaskar

8) At times like this, I wonder if she is fully, and only, a being ...  ( If not, Pyroduck has a few future suprises ... )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Goatmon

MT Hazard

Anyone know if there is a particular name/description for the way the two headed creature is speaking? (and I don't mean 'badly' or 'Yoda style')

Quote from: kaskar on February 13, 2008, 05:47:26 AM

8) At times like this, I wonder if she is fully, and only, a being ...  ( If not, Pyroduck has a few future suprises ... )

Being the child of an Amazon if probably enough
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on February 13, 2008, 06:47:40 AM
Anyone know if there is a particular name/description for the way the two headed creature is speaking? (and I don't mean 'badly' or 'Yoda style')

Yoda speaks in Object-Subject-Verb, I think - I don't really know enough linguistics to be sure if that's what they're doing here.

Anri

Quote from: Schizo on February 13, 2008, 05:04:10 AM
It is strips like this that make me wonder just why she needed a bodyguard.

I don't think she needed a bodyguard so much as someone to call medical attention for whatever's left of those who cross her. >_>

Naldru

I don't know.  The character in the window looks a little older than Alexsi.  I'm wondering if it could be Destania in disguise before she left to look for Edward.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tezkat

I don't think it has a formal name. Such speech patterns are common to ESL speakers trying to apply the rules and structures of their native languages to English. The Mythos is using a standard English subject-verb-object order (which may or may not be present in her native tongue), but she's applying non-standard negation rules. It's possible that she's used to a language that allows one to drop subjects/pronouns as well.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Insert Witty Name

I always call It Reverse Polish Notation (like what the old HP programmable calculators used).
The lurker formerly known as "Zombie_Hunter".

Kayriel

Quote from: Zombie_Hunter on February 13, 2008, 07:54:54 AM

I always call It Reverse Polish Notation (like what the old HP programmable calculators used).

I call it talking out of both sides of your head.
<3 Abel

Madmann135

No matter how many times I see it, when Alexsi goes out and handles things herself I sometimes wonder "how many quests were offered to her?"
That girl is beautiful, dangerous, skilled and cute when she's angry.  The ultimate anti-Blond steriotype, she is.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Alondro

*Charline sees a naga!*  Is he gonna vore somebody?  And can I watch?  Coils... murr...  Nagas is da shmexy.  :3

*Charles stuffs Charline back in the closet*  Aaaaanyway, we can see how Alexsi is able to handle an inn that cators to both creatures and beings without any trouble.  She's scarier than most of them. 

Except for Dr. Ink and the Librarian.   :mowmeep
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Schizo on February 13, 2008, 05:04:10 AMIt is strips like this that make me wonder just why she needed a bodyguard.
maybe because she scares customers by doing so

Quote from: ??? (Hellcat) on February 13, 2008, 02:49:26 AMTwo headed creature. Yay :3
and 4-armed :3
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zedd

Well its one those days I suppose of Lost Lake and Alexi with her hair up!

Kenji

OMG! Random fox #254786 has the same hair as Azlan, they must be related!

Kuari

You know, first thing that came to my mind was this: the DMFA and CVRPG crossover a while back...  why didn't it ever have Alexsi eject hammering Darkmoon? :p

Madd the Sane

Quote from: ??? (Hellcat) on February 13, 2008, 02:49:26 AM
Two headed creature. Yay :3
A taur two-headed, four-armed creature.  I'm starting to wonder if Amber was trying to make the strangest creature.  :erk  Or stopped short of making a spider :P
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madd the Sane on February 13, 2008, 05:03:42 PM
A taur two-headed, four-armed creature.  I'm starting to wonder if Amber was trying to make the strangest creature.  :erk  Or stopped short of making a spider :P

Percy: I can't take any more of these portents!   Just the other day I saw a horse with two heads, two tails, and two bodies!
Blackadder: It wasn't two horses standing next to each other, was it?
Percy: ...could have been.

Akisohida

I hope she makes a spider someday! But I am biased and all.

<----- Spider!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

MT Hazard

The other guy next to her is pretty weird as well, but expected considering the Mythos description as a 'boiling pot of weird freaky critters that don't fit into other easily identified categories.'
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

pyrohamster

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Akisohida

Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.