02/10/08 [Abel 2 #6] - Now, about that clan...

Started by VSMIT, February 10, 2008, 03:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

Wow, now that's a clan.  Kidnapping kids for a living?  Amazing.

Fex

VSMIT

Yeah, something tells me you don't want to anger a creature that can instantaneously warp you anywhere.  Like into the mouth of an erupting volcano...

Cogidubnus

So, we've got Fi, and we've got Fo...

Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? >:3

Also, Aniz seems rather normal when not in a homicidal rage. Hm.

Mwa

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 10, 2008, 04:03:29 AM
Also, Aniz seems rather normal when not in a homicidal rage. Hm.
Well, he did manage to be Abel's father for 18 odd years without anyone noticing, didn't he?

Dard

I don't have a queue! :)

Hmm, a clan that kidnaps children for a living?
Well, kidnapping doesn't necessarily imply abuse!

It's good to know that Aniz is considered the lowest of the lowest, even by any Cubi standards!

Ren Gaulen

What exactly is implied by "kidnapping children for a living", I wonder? Does that clan, like, kidnap children to sell them later? :B Just kidding. Those que'tnars probably kidnap the children from the other clans and then raise them as their own. Or, maybe, they kidnap cubi children from the families which don't belong to any (major) clan. That would be safer than risking getting in trouble with other clans, anyway.
But the real question is what is that "mocholio treatment"? What kind of "anti-magic illness" is Fo talking about? Is Dr. Ink the one doing the vaccination?

Tapewolf

Quote from: VSMIT on February 10, 2008, 03:42:03 AM
Yeah, something tells me you don't want to anger a creature that can instantaneously warp you anywhere.  Like into the mouth of an erupting volcano...

Apparently warp-aci work by slicing open the dimensional boundaries, like the 'subtle knife' in the His Dark Materials series.  I imagine they can cut other things too.

As for the Clan, we don't know if it's Being or 'Cubi children they kidnap.  If it's 'Cubi children, it might well be to increase their own number by adoption and somehow re-binding them to the new clan as an act of desperation if they can't reproduce properly for some reason.  If it's Being children, well I don't think I need to say more  :U

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2008, 06:07:24 AM

Apparently warp-aci work by slicing open the dimensional boundaries, like the 'subtle knife' in the His Dark Materials series.  I imagine they can cut other things too.

As for the Clan, we don't know if it's Being or 'Cubi children they kidnap.  If it's 'Cubi children, it might well be to increase their own number by adoption and somehow re-binding them to the new clan as an act of desperation if they can't reproduce properly for some reason.  If it's Being children, well I don't think I need to say more  :U

8) Sounds as if it's as subtle as an axe ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

She's also got a Fu.

Sadly, that rules out the giants. Sorry. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kayriel

Also like Kuwabara's second sword, the Jigen-to (Dimension Blade) in the latter part of Yu Yu Hakusho. D=
<3 Abel

Ren Gaulen

If you are right about the Warp-Aci, then their abilities would make them extremely dangerous living weapons. They probably could teleport something only partially... Like, teleport someone's head off one's shoulders...  >:3 But I strongly doubt that any Warp-Aci would do that, unless their master would give them a direct order.

As for the kidnapping clan, I was talking about cubi children, not Being children. I think there might be a way to "re-bind" the cubi child to the other clan before his or her clan marking appears.

Netrogo

This whole thing with Aniz is really starting to confuse the hell out of me. I mean one minute he's the loving father of Abel, the next he's destroying Abel's whole life right before his eyes, then he's back to being loving father more or less?
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Netrogo on February 10, 2008, 08:21:55 AM
...one minute he's the loving father of Abel, the next he's destroying Abel's whole life right before his eyes, then he's back to being loving father more or less?
Maybe he gets a 'Cubi kick out of humiliating people.

Tezkat

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 10, 2008, 05:51:34 AM
What exactly is implied by "kidnapping children for a living", I wonder? Does that clan, like, kidnap children to sell them later? :B Just kidding. Those que'tnars probably kidnap the children from the other clans and then raise them as their own. Or, maybe, they kidnap cubi children from the families which don't belong to any (major) clan. That would be safer than risking getting in trouble with other clans, anyway.

I don't see a problem with reading sinister intent in that statement. The DMFA universe is full of evil. Like how Destania wanted to use little kids in her torture demonstrations. Wasn't that funny? Guess you had to be there... >:]

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Gamma

As far as the Que'Tnar are concerned they probably kidnap being children.
If they were the type to soak up emotions like love and happiness yet want to do it in a seriously messed up way; they would probably kidnap a child then make it happy for a few years or so.
Then probably hand it over to a clan which likes pain and suffering. But that would kinda go against Fo's view of them.

Also the kidnappings could be your old fashioned ones for a ransom or something. They may have just chosen to take a liking to the life style and take good care of the victims until they are done with them.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Aisha deCabre

Man, Aniz is all kinds of low.  If someone selectively ignored me I would...gah.  Doesn't seem like he has much shame in doing what he did to Abel, or probably just a lot of indifference.

Regardless, Fo is quite cute.  Maybe I should turn my curiosity from seeing who's at Abel's door to seeing what the Aci does.   >:3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Sunblink

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on February 10, 2008, 10:42:13 AM
Man, Aniz is all kinds of low.  If someone selectively ignored me I would...

...slap Aniz across the face? ;) Because he deserves it.

I am all for Fo giving Aniz some sort of zap. :> Though, chalk me down as another individual who is interested in hearing more about the Que'tnar clan. That is relevant to my interests.

As is Aniz's psychology. He's being surprisingly, er, avoidant. Though in a more casual and indifferent manner than what that adjective suggests. I wonder if that Warp-Aci is going to trigger a mercurial outburst.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Ryan_Galen

Aniz's moodswings does appear to be a little... unstable even for a cubi. Not that I expect us to get much of an answer why any time soon, but looking back on the point where he killed Hennya, I almost wonder if something was literally wrong with him. Even he was upset after the act itself.

In any case, the only thing that makes me think twice about the Que'tnar clan is something Amber said once. How almost all types of creatures have a way to increase their ranks from beings, and there was at least one Cubi clan that did so regularly in practice. Mind you, regularly for a creature that lives a thousand years is probably different from regularly to us. Not to mention I can't think of how such an action could be considered 'for a living', as Fu put it. So it's probably nothing.

In any case, whatever is wrong with Aniz, we can be fairly sure that Fa'Lina knows about it. At least now that he's in the walls of Saia she knows, anyway. Might be part of the reason he's in such a rush to leave.

Kenji

I totally read that first panel as "YOU HEAR ME NAZI!?". :<

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on February 10, 2008, 11:50:43 AM
I totally read that first panel as "YOU HEAR ME NAZI!?". :<
Thats just you...Or the drugs talkin

Aleolus

Oh no, never a good idea to upset someone who's vomit is potentially poisonous!  Aniz, pay attention, for goodness sake!

Tapewolf

The quill - that's one of Fa'Lina's feathers, isn't it?

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on February 10, 2008, 01:14:56 PM
good grief i hope not.
Well, I can only imagine that she removed/shed it herself if it is.  Someone plucking her without consent is almost unthinkable.

techmaster-glitch

Wow, the warp-aci can fuzz itself up like a cat! :U

e_voyager

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2008, 01:21:44 PM
good grief i hope not.
Well, I can only imagine that she removed/shed it herself if it is.  Someone plucking her without consent is almost unthinkable.

you never know how many people have death wishes until they try to fulfill them. i for one might try to pluck a feather form her but then i have no soul and am used to dying.  (Then again i graduated form ran's school of dying. not just a hobby but a art form)
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2008, 01:04:44 PM
The quill - that's one of Fa'Lina's feathers, isn't it?

The colour is all wrong. Fa'Lina's feathers are white and pink. The quill is lavender. Unless she dyed it to match her Warp-Aci. :3

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on October 23, 1973, 07:28:41 PM
The colour is all wrong. Fa'Lina's feathers are white and pink. The quill is lavender.
I was thinking it was one of the pink ones, but yes, it's definitely the wrong shade.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 10, 2008, 01:21:44 PM
good grief i hope not.

Oh, too true. XD

On a related note, I still think that the Librarian is using one of Abel's feathers as a quill in her wallpaper debut. I thought that was a brilliant touch.

~Keaton the Black Jackal