02/06/08 [DMFA #875] - Story telling time

Started by Fex, February 06, 2008, 12:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fex

yaaay story's =3 me wike story's. though I am wondering how Dan killed DP the first time

Zedd

Well Fi is gonna get sick-er if Dan keeps pulling that face

Fex

Everyday I am wondering how can Amber make Fi and the other warp aci's so cute, so terrible cute eeeeee *hugs them all*

Hellcat

Grenn

*convulsions*

After Mountain Dew and a few cookies, I'm in hyper-shock after this

:mowdizzy

kaskar

8) OMG ... Will the cute puppy-dog look from Dan's eyes make Fi sick again ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Tapewolf

Perhaps this is the mother of all flashbacks?  I don't really go for cute, but it's nice to see Dan having a good time for a change.

**EDIT**

And Fi seems to have totally forgotten about Abel's instructions.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 06, 2008, 04:06:58 AM
Perhaps this is the mother of all flashbacks?  I don't really go for cute, but it's nice to see Dan having a good time for a change.

**EDIT**

Yep, seems to be Flashback Time. Unless Amber does one of her trademark scene changes and cuts back to Destania, who is about to take Biggs on a flashback tour. xD

And Fi is a Warp-Aci. They're easily amused and distracted. ;)
:boogie

Omega

aaaaaaaaaand there comes the side plot.

I can sympathize with Fi over there. Cuteness is not the first thing you want to see after a hard night.

Ren Gaulen

Me, Grimlock, loves your stories! Tell Grimlock about petro-rabbits again!  :3

But seriously, I am looking forward to learning more about Daniel's earlier adventures, especially the one with the sporks (but not the one with the ice orcs and a loincloth...). And as for his face, I can understand him. I would be happy to tell one of my stories too! I would not make such a "cute" face, though... This amount of cuteness can be quite poisonous, you know...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on February 06, 2008, 06:52:26 AM

Fi certainly is, but I'm not sure we can judge the entire race on just that one.

Naldru

Quote from: Sid on February 06, 2008, 06:52:26 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 06, 2008, 04:06:58 AM

**EDIT**

Yep, seems to be Flashback Time. Unless Amber does one of her trademark scene changes and cuts back to Destania, who is about to take Biggs on a flashback tour. xD

Or perhaps simultaneous flashbacks by both Destania and Dan telling the same story from different perspectives.  Wouldn't that be the "mother of all flashbacks"?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Angel

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

rt

:eager Yay Storry Time!!  :boogie

*Grabs a seat and gets comphy*

GabrielsThoughts

hmm... I'm interested, and at the same time there's this feeling that I lost something.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Alondro

Huh?  People usually don't like the long flash-back expositions?

But that's what makes up about 75% of Naruto and look how popular it is!   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

AndersW

In the first panel, where Dan has his hand on Fi, it looks kind of like we are seeing Fi through Dan's hand.  I don't know if it is intended or not.  If it is, it's a really nice effect.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on February 06, 2008, 02:46:44 PM
In the first panel, where Dan has his hand on Fi, it looks kind of like we are seeing Fi through Dan's hand.  I don't know if it is intended or not.  If it is, it's a really nice effect.

Fi seems to have a blue halo around it.  Is that what you're referring to?

**EDIT**
I first noticed it in the previous strip.

Caswin

Fi, second panel.  For some reason, I like it.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Caswin on February 06, 2008, 04:12:19 PM
Fi, second panel.  For some reason, I like it.

Awww... He looks like a little sad pug. Or a shar-pei.  :3

Also: Daniel, third panel. For some reason, he scares me. A lot. And the more I look at his face, the scarier he gets...

pyrohamster

Quote from: Alondro on February 06, 2008, 02:16:25 PM
Huh?  People usually don't like the long flashback expositions?

naruto is one of the most annoying things ever! i even made this a hate is so much
Bulimic
P.S. i don't know if i spell bulimic right.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

pyrohamster

k, still naruto (doesn't even deserve to be caped) is still sucky. :<

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: pyrohamster on February 06, 2008, 05:35:57 PM
Huh?  People usually don't like the long flashback expositions?

naruto is one of the most annoying things ever! i even made this a hate is so much
Bulimic
P.S. i don't know if i spell bulimic right.

Alas, you can't escape the flashbacks. But flashbacks are not necessarily bad. They may be boring if the character just sits down and starts to tell the story. But if the story actually goes forth into the past so that we could see how and what happened with our own eyes, it is a good thing. And we really need to know how the story of Daniel's and Dark's rivalry began (and I want to see him defeating the Death Knights with a spork - that must have been one epic battle).

However, his flashback will delay his confrontation with Dark in the present...

Yes, and Naruto (anime and especially the guy himself) is quite pathetic and overrated. Now the Nine-Tailed One, on the other hand...  >:3

Kayriel

Nah, that's 75% of Shippuden. Pre-Ship Naruto was more or less fine. Nowadays, they're making flashback scenes of what happened like four seconds ago. =.= Still. Much love for 4-Tail Kyuubiruto.

But hey, you want the mother of all flashbacks? Watch Tenjou Tenghe. 26 episodes long, I believe. The flashbacks start at episode 10 and end at like, 24.
<3 Abel

Goatmon

STORIES!  IT'S STORY TIME, AWW YEAH!   :eager

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Kayriel on February 06, 2008, 07:03:20 PM

Nah, that's 75% of Shippuden. Pre-Ship Naruto was more or less fine. Nowadays, they're making flashback scenes of what happened like four seconds ago. =.= Still. Much love for 4-Tail Kyuubiruto.

But hey, you want the mother of all flashbacks? Watch Tenjou Tenghe. 26 episodes long, I believe. The flashbacks start at episode 10 and end at like, 24.

And that was one EXELLENT flashback, I dare say. It was good if only for Bunshichi Towara, who was made up of concentrated Awesome. That one humongous flashback was far superior to lots of lesser flashbacks from Naruto.

Oh, and the Nine-Tailed One rawks hard.  >3

Quote from: Goatmon on February 06, 2008, 07:17:23 PM
STORIES!  IT'S STORY TIME, AWW YEAH!   :eager

Grimlock likes stories!.. Wait, I've already done that...  :paranoid

Aleolus

Yay!  Now we find out about DP's first attempt at world-takeover!  Hooray!

pyrohamster

All he ever says is, BELIVE IT!BELIVE IT!BELIVE IT!BELIVE IT!BELIVE IT!BELIVE IT!
BELIVE IT! :cry

Kayriel

Quote from: pyrohamster on February 06, 2008, 09:31:13 PM

All he ever says is, BELIVE IT!BELIVE IT!BELIVE IT!BELIVE IT!BELIVE IT!BELIVE IT!
BELIVE IT! :cry

ARGH! INCORRECT! Americanaruto says that, NEVER WATCH THE DUB! The dub is for Narutards. Subbed for the mothafuggin' win! D= There is no "believe it" anywhere, and I beat the crap out of any friend of mine who says that phrase in my presence. =.= I've followed subbed/manga since 2003-04.

Oh but yay! Stories! And... has Dan gotten more appealing? >_> He's not as garish anymore. Still no Abel, buuut...
<3 Abel