01/27/08 [Abel 2 #4] Garden

Started by Sunblink, January 26, 2008, 07:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Bla I couldn't think of a title other than "Garden of Eden" which was really cheesy.

Poor Abel. He has no idea what the hell's going on.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Kayriel

Well, not a whole lot to say about this one, 'cept that apparently whoever had the ideas that Fa'Lina was going to do something sinister towards Abel was wrong. D= Also, poor cookie. T-T
<3 Abel

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 26, 2008, 07:53:54 PM
Poor Abel. He has no idea what the hell's going on.

Nor have I, really.  My only guess is that Fa'Lina has got into his mind somehow, since the blood is gone.

Either that or this is days later and she's made him forget the interim period.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Pagan

Wow, that place is bright and cheery. Abel looks so cute in the third panel, heh.

Wonder who's knocking.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Reese Tora

wow, I realize that compared to what's just ahppened to him, this is small popatoes, but I'm thinking that this is some serious mind-****

I'm expecting him to ask "am I dead?" or "Is this heaven?" or something when he meets whoever is knocking.

Any bets he encounters Dr Ink and gets tested? >:3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

GabrielsThoughts

Did Falina re-write Abel's memories...or temporarily transport him to a peaceful location within the inner mind?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Rafe

Looks like a reception office at a classy business.  I can even hear the background music.  Excellent detail Amber.  (Well maybe a table with some fancy magazines would help.)
Rafe

techmaster-glitch

I don't know exactly what Fa'Lina did to achieve this effect, but methinks that she has (real or not) put Abel in a place that will hopefully begin to calm him, maybe even start the process of recovery. Probably later, though, there wouldn't be much point to this if she's only going to do this for a few mintues. I think this is probably going to last for at least a few days to get Abel somewhat-adjusted.

Think about it. He is now in a nice, bright room with mellow shaded walls, sitting on a soft, fluffy chair, there are gentle green plants around, the soothing sound of a water fountain to his left, and a cheery tune in the air (maybe even sung by birds?) If I were to going to try to calm someone with environment, I couldn't come up with anything better than this.

WhiteFox

I think he's been Warp-Aci'd to nicer surroundings.

And, once again, I am left with a frothing envy of Ambers ability to render hair.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Angel

:erk Wow... a strange and amazingly artistic change from dark, gloomy and PTSD to...atmosphere, balanced chi and elevator music.

Oh, and I suck at drawing braids. So I now have braid envy and it's all thanks to Amber. But I can't deny that I'm happy about it.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Sid

My vote's with the Mindscape crowd there. Timeshift and memory-scrubbing sounds like a cool theory, too, but it also sounds somewhat elaborate (then again, we're talking about Fa'Lina...)
:boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

I note he -may- still have a scar across his forehead - it's difficult to tell if that's just a line in the fur, or an actual scar, or just the edge of his head.

If he -does-, then he's been healed between panels 1 and 3. If not, then mindscape. Either option is interesting, because it implies a lot of power has just been thrown around in his vicinity...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jakon

I think this might be where Dr. Ink shows up.

Alternatively, as GabrielsThoughts suggested, this is Abel's Happy Place. :p

AnizInDisguise

Sid

I doubt it's Ink. There is no Aura of Evil around the "Ello? Ello?", and we just met Fa'Lina (even though I'm also not entirely convinced that it will be her...)

Quote from: Black_angel on January 26, 2008, 10:35:28 PM
:erk Wow... a strange and amazingly artistic change from dark, gloomy and PTSD to...atmosphere, balanced chi and elevator music.

Elevator music? Argh, now I hear the loader music from Farbrausch's ".das .produkt" (fr-08) whenever I look at the comic. (It's a very relaxing tune, though! You can get the music via "brullwurfel" (fr-028).) xD
:boogie

Magic

How about: same place, but different design and decoration? My thoughts, since, warp aci would need the warp aci present and Fa'lina's mindscape would be a bit darker than that.

Also: evil requires patience. Not yet. He's still a bit (understatement?) traumatized.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Pagan

That's kinda what I was thinking. When you're in a state of mind similar to Abel's there not much evil that can get get in and affect you.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Omega

This update is a bit boring, but essential for the coherency. It will pay off in the long run.

Wanderer

This doesn't have to be a "mindscape" type thing to still be going on within Abel's mind. My bet's on a mental illusion: a hallucination, if you will. Artificially created and directed by Fa'Lina for the purpose of beginning to restore Abel's sanity.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wanderer on January 27, 2008, 08:31:17 AM
This doesn't have to be a "mindscape" type thing to still be going on within Abel's mind.

No, but it would be simplest.  'Cubi can enter people's dreams, so she may have simply sent him to sleep.  Controlling dreams is tricky, but OTOH Fa'Lina is a seriously powerful succubus.

e_voyager

there are many possibilities. that could be the same room with the lights on. it does look a lot like her office you know.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

rt

Notes, when in dark stary place always turn the light on .. it might actually be a nice place  :)

Mabey things begin to slowly turn around for Able now?

PurpleCheeseLlama

Sucks that Amber missed out on seeing Cloverfield D-: I want to see that, but it's not out 'til the 1st in the UK...

What I'm curious about is who is saying 'Ello Ello'. Specifically without the H's. I can't imagine any of the usual cast saying that...

On the 'it's Fa'lina's office with the lights on' theory, did it look like he was in a shadowy office before? XD he was in a cell or something before...I'm siding with either she's transported him, or it's a mindscape type thing.

Aleolus

OK, wow.  Was that a time shift, or something?  Because notice, in the first panel, Abel still has the cut on his forehead that Aniz gave him, which disappears after the lights come on.  Bizarre?  I think so.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on January 27, 2008, 05:02:05 PM
Because notice, in the first panel, Abel still has the cut on his forehead that Aniz gave him, which disappears after the lights come on.  Bizarre?  I think so.
I think it's a dream or some similar illusion caused by Fa'Lina.

e_voyager

thank makes sense to me. illusion  is cheep but reality cost. and believably  is paramount for  illusion's success.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Caswin

Quote from: Ink on January 27, 2008, 01:28:41 AMAlso: evil requires patience. Not yet. He's still a bit (understatement?) traumatized.
If I may be so bold, evil can be enacted at the drop of the hat.  The same goes for good.  To do it right, if there is such a thing, may require patience, but even that's not a given.

In more on-topic news, this is one of my favorite comics so far.  I can already imagine reading this story straight on through.  (Not that I'm going to lay off the Academy any time soon.  They've had millennia to figure out how to put up a pretty face...)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Alondro

I think the whole thing was in his mind and he's really in The Matrix!   :U

*imagine Dr. Ink offering Abel the red pill or the blue pill...*

From him, I'd choose neither.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kayriel

Quote from: Alondro on January 27, 2008, 09:47:00 PM
I think the whole thing was in his mind and he's really in The Matrix!   :U

*imagine Dr. Ink offering Abel the red pill or the blue pill...*

From him, I'd choose neither.   :P

One's going to be for date rape, the other'll be a hallucenogenic.

So, does that make Fa'Lina the Architect? D= I can see her sitting in her office chair, eating a muffin between saying "Ergo" and "Vis-a-vis" a bit too much.
<3 Abel