01/19/07 [Abel 2 #2 & 3] - "It's my Fault..." / "I Created This Academy."

Started by Sunblink, January 19, 2008, 05:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Excuse me while I babble mindlessly for the next five minutes out of absolute JOY that a second update has occurred. Well-done, Amber! And excellent artwork!

bweeee Fa'Lina.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Wanderer

So... Abel remains too lost in shock to be thinking. Yet in his mind the events of the past day play on endlessly, haunting him. Fa'Lina has heard and seen every moment. And unlike with Abel, I cannot truly argue that what happened is not at least partially her fault. Not only am I sure she had something to do with Abel's father being out there in the first place, the fact is that she, far more than anyone else, could have STOPPED that nightmare before it turned into the horror that has driven Abel to hide within himself. Had she been watching...

I do not blame her. She cannot be everywhere, and her knowledge outside of the academy is apparently limited. But she has far more cause to blame herself than Abel.

And now the trouble is here. ABEL is here. Whoever Fa'Lina chooses to blame, she cannot let things remain as they are. Whatever it was before, this is now her problem to solve.

Alondro

*Charline can't help but be evil...*  Ya know, I wonder if someone would make an extra little word bubble in that last panel as Abel stares up at Fa'lina for the first time...

"Good god!  Her boobs are HUGE!"

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Dannysaysnoo

Angel

To quote the sharks from Far Side:

"What the - Ketchup? We followed a ketchup trail for six miles?"

So it was Fa'Lina the whole time, huh? Well done, Amber.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Tapewolf

Now the question is, when we record this, do we have Fa'Lina from the outset, or Abel and cross-fade between then?

Also, I'm wondering why her claws are sharp like that, unless, having seen Abel's mind, she's now going to beat up Aniz for what he's done...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

All Hail Amber.

... Park the steamroller, mmkay? We need a week or so of recovery time. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Looks like a page to play some music by right now..Kinda reminds me of Eyes without a face

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 19, 2008, 06:07:48 PM
All Hail Amber.
... Park the steamroller, mmkay? We need a week or so of recovery time. ;-]

I knew I'd forgotten something... the praise! That really was an outstanding twist.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

That last page was one of the few images that have significantly altered my heart rate.

Mind you that could also have been the way I was sitting, I've got a bad habit of sitting in awkward position until certain muscle groups fall asleep. Probably the page. Twists like that require you to reorder your thinking for a moment.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

zopey

Pagan

Forget the plot twists, forget the story. Praise Amber for the sexy angry Fa'Lina! :) Although the plot in these two are nice as well.

Hmm, "Break." Break what? Bones? A break from work? We shall see...

Thank you Amber, for the double update too. These pages are beautiful.

by the way, I think I could cook up a strip with that added quote.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Kayriel

Quote from: Pagan on January 19, 2008, 06:49:17 PM
Forget the plot twists, forget the story. Praise Amber for the sexy angry Fa'Lina! :) Although the plot in these two are nice as well.

Hmm, "Break." Break what? Bones? A break from work? We shall see...

Thank you Amber, for the double update too. These pages are beautiful.

by the way, I think I could cook up a strip with that added quote.

I think it means more along the lines of "someone" breaking, rather than the physicality of bones or taking time off. More in the meta-psyche sense.
<3 Abel

rabid_fox

She's 19 feet tall!

Ok, introduction covered (sigh, poor Devin) - I'm looking forwards to the juicy, dribbling meatflesh of the second chapter. Ergo - successful introduction. Nicely done, A-dizzle.

Oh dear.

Hellcat

both Abel and Fa'Lina  have braided hair. Fa'Lina's hair looks nice and soft, wish I could draw those effects

patchwork cat

With poor Abel's mind in pieces and Fa'lina the only one with a hope of saving him, all i can write is praise. Dark, dark work and fantastic simple expression., it's beautiful.

If Fa'lina has a large bosom, perhaps it's part of  being the mother of the Academy, and something Abel may come to be grateful for in time?

Prof B Hunnydew

Praise ?    Hot damn  Amber Girl , you are getting close enough to Marvel Comics or no ... it is Graphic Novel level here.  The whole Abel story is printable, and I know you were not think about making it a book.  Are you?

And Helllooooooooooooo  Fa'lina     

Wait Fa'lina is the one talking on BOTH pages.??? :erk

PBH

saving money for the deadtree version of Abel's story

The LizardKing

ah. good. very good. well done. (talking about the boobs i am. i mean, how can you not notice them? those things could put an eye out!)
*thinks about what he just said*
....i really need to know when not to talk.
*gets duct tape and studies for latin final*

Toric

The monologue twist was sheer awesome, and completely unexpected. Bravo, Amber. :judges
Yap by Silver.

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 19, 2008, 06:07:38 PM
Now the question is, when we record this, do we have Fa'Lina from the outset, or Abel and cross-fade between then?

Given the flow of the monologue, my money's on her talking in all three. Of course, we could always record it both ways until an official word comes down... :3

Also, I'm wondering why her claws are sharp like that, unless, having seen Abel's mind, she's now going to beat up Aniz for what he's done...

Maybe they're naturally sharp. Canines don't normally have retractable claws, and she wears gloves in the modern era strips.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Chaos

Well, we know that there are kind Cubi out there, as in the ones that feed of of good goodies. Te only problem is, given good reason, the bad ones are oh so more destructive, and as a school founder, while she doesn't have to like it, she has to accept that ohers will have to be mean to survive.

She can feel guilty about it, she can hate it, but she can't go out and change it...

Oh, and Aniz is an @$$.

Kayriel

Well, Aniz DID kill another Creature. While Creatures killing Beings aren't really a big deal, Creatures killing Creatures has to be pretty serious in the Creature community. 'Sides, Fa'Lina can do whatever she wants, who's going to stop her? For all we know, she's a Tri-Wing.
<3 Abel

M

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 19, 2008, 06:07:38 PM
I'm certainly rooting for that. :3 Hoo boy, does Fa'Lina look mad.

Loved the twist, too.

rt

Ahh so this is "Able's Story - Part 2: Enter the Poodle"
Sounds like a kung-fu movie  >:3

Tezkat

Quote from: Kayriel on January 19, 2008, 10:16:02 PM
Well, Aniz DID kill another Creature. While Creatures killing Beings aren't really a big deal, Creatures killing Creatures has to be pretty serious in the Creature community.

Not necessarily. I doubt that the Creature Council has laws against it, at any rate. A lot of Creatures have a rather "might makes right" philosophy towards the slaying of other Creatures (ang Beings, for that matter). On the other hand, there could be a lot of other considerations. It was an interracial killing, and it might damage relations between Cubi and Mythos, or at least Hennya's family. In a similar vein, Ahnora might want to avenge his beloved.

Quote'Sides, Fa'Lina can do whatever she wants, who's going to stop her? For all we know, she's a Tri-Wing.

Well... even if she wasn't a Tri-Wing, there isn't much competition at her level. >:]

Naldru

Quote from: The LizardKing on January 19, 2008, 09:26:16 PM
ah. good. very good. well done. (talking about the boobs i am. i mean, how can you not notice them? those things could put an eye out!)
*thinks about what he just said*
....i really need to know when not to talk.
*gets duct tape and studies for latin final*

Remember: cubi are shape-shifters

That means that the size and firmness could vary depending on Fa'lina's mood

Remember this comment?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Meech

I think that Fa'Lina's claws are out because she just read Abel's mind and now knows what Cid/Aniz did.  I think that she is going to rip him a new one.

Also: DAMN! That woman is huge!

Caswin

Quote from: Wanderer on January 19, 2008, 05:51:23 PMWhoever Fa'Lina chooses to blame, she cannot let things remain as they are.
Why not?

Well, okay, maybe if SAIA caught fire, somebody could trip on Abel as they were running away.  I guess that counts as a reason, gotta get him moving about...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Kayriel

Fa'Lina went up another notch on my favorite scale. =3 Definitely second place, now. First is always Abel. Speaking of which, it's going to be interesting to see how he went from scared, mostly-innocent to his current state, and what role Fa'Lina plays in it.
<3 Abel

Tezkat

Quote from: Meech on January 19, 2008, 11:30:21 PM
Amber has stated previously that Fa'Lina is a tri wing.  She keeps her third set hidden I believe.

Amber has not publicly stated that Fa'Lina is a Tri-Wing. :mowninja