Started by AndersW, January 15, 2008, 11:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Little slow on the uptake there Dan?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Roureem Egas

Maybe the dress bit was the only thing he heard. I wouldn't put it past him to not hear anything else Biggs said because of that.

Jakon

techmaster-glitch

Dan reeeealy has to lose that hair trigger...

GabrielsThoughts

oh please, Dan may be arrogant, self-centered, egotistical, and an ...wait nevermind

now the true question on the audience mind is...Is  Wildy's brother more dangerous or less dangerous than Wildy  or a pack of angry velociraptors?

We know Dan is a skilled  swordsman capable of using a spork to block oncoming attacks

and Biggs' only known weakness is  women....and mallets of justice.

but Dan has tentacles and all Biggs has is sharp pointy teeth and claws... and he is a notorious twink so he could possibly be a skilled magic user.

Could go either way... 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kayriel

There is the little issue of his army of twinks, and any of us who've spent our fair share of time on Furcadia knows what twinks are capable of in combat. It's not a pretty sight at all. In a land where twinks are NOT shunned and apparently are allowed by physics the full use of their twinkish powers, one twink would be more than enough to handle an army by themselves. What, with their giant mechas that can cast spells from Bastard! and nuke cities with DBZ attacks. =.=
<3 Abel

Pagan

Eh, Dan and Biggs can make all the threats they want, but this is DMFA, and Amber only does fighting in comedic ways.

Although, skipping the fight and cutting to the part where Biggs is holding Dan on the ground by the throat would be comedic. Especailly if Dest walked in at that point. It'd kinda be a throw-back to this strip (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_687.php).

And if we're guessing how much Dan heard of Biggs' speach, I say he heard none of it.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Sno Wolf

My money's on Biggs.

It's already been shown that Wildy can match Dan's fighting skill, so you have to figure Biggs' learned from her.  Plus, Destina works(?) for Biggs, and she's one of the only three people who's beaten Alexsi.  It's plausible that she's taught Biggs more than he already knows.  And speaking of Alexsi, even though it's never said, she can probably beat Dan, too.  She has that "I'm the big sister, I've kicked your arse before and I'll do it again" thing going.

And, just as a side note, for being this great adventurer, Dan seems to have a problem besting the ladies.

WhiteFox

IMHO? Destania has a higher loyalty to her children than to Biggs. Comparing Biggs to Dan is, I think, immaterial, because Destania wouldn't have any of it.

Anyone else notice how Biggs got frizzier in panel three? Nice, Amber. Also, mobile ears FTW.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Toric

I know I'm reading way too much into Bigg's emphasis on the word "Were." A quick glance at Demo 101 and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Yap by Silver.

Fex

meep Bigs really is family of Wildy ... he looks very scary

Kenji

It may just be the size difference, but Dan seems a lot bigger in this one.

Silverfoxr

well hes wildys brother - so dan is gonna get his tail handed to him on a platter

kaskar

8)  While all of this is going on, will Fi be able to sneak a drink from the mini-bar ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Kayriel

Quote from: kaskar on January 16, 2008, 01:46:49 AM

8)  While all of this is going on, will Fi be able to sneak a drink from the mini-bar ?

I have this mental image of Biggs and Dan rolling around, scuffling, while Fi's at the mini-bar trying to choose between drinks. "The purple fizzy one or the orange fruit drink?" -two panels of further Dan and Biggs wrestling- "... Both."
<3 Abel

rabid_fox

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 15, 2008, 11:25:22 PM
oh please, Dan may be arrogant, self-centered, egotistical, and an ...wait nevermind

...but he is not a communist.

</Abe Simpson>

Oh dear.

Fresnor

Aaaaand cue Biggs' unknown guest to save Dan's ass....  I'm guessing it'll most likely be Wildy as my first choice, and Fa'lina as my distant second.  Since we can already assume that Destania isn't there.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Toric on January 16, 2008, 12:49:51 AM
I know I'm reading way too much into Bigg's emphasis on the word "Were."

Yeah, that made me jump as well  :3

As for Dan's overreaction, I'd probably do that too if the first thing I heard was a remark like the "cross-dressing son" one.  Still, he might now have a chance to stomp Biggs for kidnapping his sister assuming Dee or Wildy doesn't walk in (After all, he did a pretty good job of that in strip 86).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

8) Don't forget Fi  informing Abel, while having a cocktail from the bar ...  (  Informing does not need motion in space )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

M

Quote from: Toric on January 16, 2008, 12:49:51 AM
I know I'm reading way too much into Bigg's emphasis on the word "Were."

I did the same thing, too.

Goatmon

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 15, 2008, 11:25:22 PM

now the true question on the audience mind is...Is  Wildy's brother more dangerous or less dangerous than Wildy  or a pack of angry velociraptors?

We know Dan is a skilled  swordsman capable of using a spork to block oncoming attacks

and Biggs' only known weakness is  women....and mallets of justice.

but Dan has tentacles and all Biggs has is sharp pointy teeth and claws... and he is a notorious twink so he could possibly be a skilled magic user.

Could go either way... 

Biggs likely also has any number of bodyguards available at the snap of his fingers.  He's not exactly living in the Ghetto. 

Angel

For a second there, I thought the "were" in quote marks meant that Biggs is, in fact, a Were. But that's what comes of skimming.

As to Dan's fate, my prediction is as follows: Dee will step in before Biggs goes too psycho (Dan will still be injured though), pull them apart calmly, then greet Dan. Whether Dan will freak out is still up for debate.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Personally, I think Amber is screwing with all the folks who jumped on the "were" bandwagon. Just my 2p...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Omega

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 16, 2008, 10:04:03 AM
Personally, I think Amber is screwing with all the folks who jumped on the "were" bandwagon. Just my 2p...
I just want to see how long she can stall Dan from meeting her mum.

NDDR

Quote from: Omega on January 16, 2008, 10:23:09 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 16, 2008, 10:04:03 AM
I just want to see how long she can stall Dan from meeting her mum.

Dans a girl now?

'
in a fight i'd say, there wouldnt be one, Biggs should know better then to attack wildy's toys.

before Biggs said Gak, i'd say he was about to say, dee said to give you her new adress or something similar.

Alondro

*Charles  :U*  He's a 'were'!  He MUST be!  Amber would never make us think someting only to have it not be so! 

*Charline mm-hmms*  All this time and he still doesn't know Amber at all, does he?   :rolleyes  However, notice that though Biggs seems small and weak and therefore would normally be on my menu, I've never once made any mention of trying to eat him.  I wonder if that means anything...  ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aleolus

Now, now, I'm sure with a few apologies and a nice brunch the two of them can sort everything out.  After all, in Dan's defense, he was expecting Biggs to give a bunch of "I don't know what you're talking about, little boy" nonsense and that he would need to beat the information out of him.

rt

Well it seems violence has taken away the peacefull option .. back to violence I guess  :)

Sid

Ah, good to see that the "Biggs might be a Were" wild speculation bases are covered already. :)

Also, Biggs looks awesome when he's angry. He should be angry more often, the "feral" look suits him better than the "relaxed ruler of Twink Territory" one.
:boogie