01/14/08 [DMFA #865] - Woot! Revolving doors rawk!

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, January 13, 2008, 11:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bweeheehee.

"And now, the award for the shortest attention span goes to ooo! Shiny thing!"

And yeah, I think this counts as stupid and dangerous...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Caswin

I'd almost forgotten why I liked Fi so much.

Oh, Fi...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

WhiteFire

I'm so jealous of Amber's ability to draw nice paws-hands.

techmaster-glitch

Naldru

It will be interesting to see his mother's reaction given her feelings towards having Dan come visit her.  And if there is a meeting, it will be interesting to see whether Destania appears as a gazelle or a cubi.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kayriel

Well, Dan hasn't seen her since he was a kid, right? And she's obviously been keeping tabs on him, somewhat, so she's likely trying to distance herself from him. Why that would be should be interesting to find out. Onwards! D=
<3 Abel

Pagan

Yay, Biggs!

How did Dan know Biggs knows where his Mom is? And why does Dan suddenly want to find his Mom?

My guesses are that Alexsi told Dan about Destania being in the twink territories and that Dan wants to know if his mom was as cold, cruel, and generally heartless as Abel claims (not to mention the whole cubi thing, parental guidance could be useful to Dan right now).

And judging from Jyrras's question in the first panel, I think Dan might've forgotten that handy teleport skill that Fi has.

oh yeah...
Yay for Fi!
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Zedd

e_voyager

Dan has been talking about his mom for the past few days and not that he's dealing with the whole cubi thing he may want to know more about her as a figure other in then as  his mom. as a teacher what can she teach him and as a mother why didn't she come back when she found out where dad was? did she find dad? what has see been up too she he last saw her in twink territories? and why do my wings look like the head of the drake i hate more then hate it's? you know  that kind of thing.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

kaskar

8) Ah, when will poor confused Dan finally work himself out ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Hellcat

I think that the comic is straying further away from the Dark Pegasus issue

kaskar

Quote from: ??? (Hellcat) on January 14, 2008, 02:16:54 AM

8) All we had was a stolen body, a hole, and a note.  Was that really a Dead Pegasus issue ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

e_voyager

agreed my understanding is that DP is a reoccurring consent in furrea  he'll be around to Ha Ann when he comes and what not.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

rabid_fox

Side point - I watched my father get lost in revolving doors once. It was hilarious.

(To explain this, for some reason, the innards of the revolving doors were nearly all mirrors, so it was pretty disorienting to go through.)

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

Ah, this made me chuckle.

Quote from: Pagan on January 13, 2008, 11:59:16 PM
How did Dan know Biggs knows where his Mom is? And why does Dan suddenly want to find his Mom?

My guesses are that Alexsi told Dan about Destania being in the twink territories and that Dan wants to know if his mom was as cold, cruel, and generally heartless as Abel claims (not to mention the whole cubi thing, parental guidance could be useful to Dan right now).

I think it's something along those lines, although bear in mind that Dan actually saw his mother briefly the last time he was in Twink Territories.

QuoteAnd judging from Jyrras's question in the first panel, I think Dan might've forgotten that handy teleport skill that Fi has.
It seems reasonable (both in terms of realism and also to prevent them being too powerful in story terms) that a Warp-Aci can only travel to somewhere it knows.  After all, Fi's probably never heard of the "Twink Territories", has it?  Fi could probably take him back, though.

I agree with your reasoning, though.  It's probably because he wants to find out how evil she was (or 'is'?  We still don't know...)
Poor Dan, he might not like the answer  :<

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kayriel

Well, Tapewolf, Fi was Fa'Lina's Warp-Aci originally, and I'm fairly sure she commands an intimate knowledge of just about everywhere in Furrae. He'd likely have been quite a few places with her.
<3 Abel

Reaver225

And something totally random!

Is... Abel sharpening his claws?

Poofyspikes

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 14, 2008, 04:26:00 AM
I think it's something along those lines, although bear in mind that Dan actually saw his mother briefly the last time he was in Twink Territories.
It seemed more like a throwaway joke to me, though. That, and it's been 'bout ... six or seven years since then. Of course, Amber could just be incorporating that circumstance into the plot to avoid plotholes and obsessive forumites who'd point out those holes for much lawlz and e-penis-enhancement.

Unless she's had this entire thing planned out well over half a decade in advance. You never know.

Do you honestly expect that everything will be resolved as soon as it's introduced?

Quote from: Reaver225 on January 14, 2008, 05:23:02 AM
:kruger

BUT ANYWAYS, back to the more pressing topic of revolving doors. The hypothetical revolving door could have been used to lower air conditioning costs for the Twink Territories - after all, they've probably got enough computers in there to cover the heating in the winter months, so A/C's pretty crucial.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 14, 2008, 05:26:53 AM
It seemed more like a throwaway joke to me, though. That, and it's been 'bout ... six or seven years since then.
What about the kidnapping Alexsi-in-the-belief-she-was-Dan thing?  That was from the same time period.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

planning shows intelligence. planning for everything shows paranoia.

Quote from:   "random E"
this is your brain :mowhappy. this is your brain on dmfa :mowcookie. any questions?

Zedd

Quote from: Reaver225 on January 14, 2008, 05:23:02 AM
And something totally random!

Why yes...Yes he is...Alot people do it now and then

Poofyspikes

You mean the "Get me to the Church" arc? Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough in what I meant by "six or seven years." I meant that comic 78 was drawn in 2001, and anything new involving us actually seeing Destania didn't happen until 2006. So that's our time, not DMFA time.

Back then, DMFA's humor was more gag-driven (cheap lawlz!) than character-driven (after all, the meeting was preceded by "What would my mother say if she saw me in a place like this?" - the answer obviously being "Hi Danny!"), so I figured that a throwaway joke like that wouldn't really have that much of an impact on the plot, and I don't know how seriously we can take #78 as legitimate backstory aside from Amber incorporating some of the circumstances from said gag to avoid forum impeachment for retconning.

NDDR

chuck norris can slam a revolving door. chuck norris will kill dan if he attmepts to copy him.

e_voyager

comic 78 was about a year ago dmfa time i believe. but then who can say but amber and be sure. it was when Biggs stole the famed hammer and it was mentioned in the get me to the church arc but i don't remember if they said exactly when  it happened

Alondro

Dan ended his sentence with a preposition!   >:O

*English teachers around the world demand a boycott of DMFA in protest of the grammatical faux pas!* 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Angel

Somehow, I get the feeling that Fi needed to catch up with Dan after spinning around in the door going "WHEEEeeeEEEeeeEEEeee" etc.

Quote from: NDDR on January 14, 2008, 08:21:53 AM
chuck norris can slam a revolving door. chuck norris will kill dan if he attmepts to copy him.

Oh boy. Chuck Norris. Someone get the baseball bat!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Poofyspikes on January 14, 2008, 05:26:53 AM
Do you honestly expect that everythinganything will be resolved as soon as it's introduced?

Fixed your quote, there. ;-]

Sid

The age-old comic about Dan seeing his mother had been widely considered non-canon until the "Get me to the Church" arc, where Amber picked up that old idea again. At least if I remember correctly.

About Warp-Aci... I think it depends on the Cubi where the Warp-Aci can teleport to. Fi had to be mailed to Lost Lake the first time around, but later, Fa'Lina used her new Warp-Aci (Fu?) to teleport there and commented on how this was the area she had lost Fi's signal in, so to speak.

So I guess this means that a Cubi can go to any destination the Cubi or a linked Warp-Aci has ever been to.

However, Dan is primarily an adventurer and still has issues with the whole Cubi thing. So it's likely that, given the choice, he'll do things the adventurer way, and that means hacking and slashing his way through a forest to get to his destination. Besides, it's good workout and gets the blood pumping for the confrontation with Biggs.
:boogie

rabid_fox

Quote from: Alondro on January 14, 2008, 09:54:30 AM
Dan ended his sentence with a preposition!   >:O

*English teachers around the world demand a boycott of DMFA in protest of the grammatical faux pas!* 

Actually, a preposition is a perfectly acceptable thing to end a sentence with.

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rabid_fox on January 14, 2008, 11:29:47 AM
Actually, a preposition is a perfectly acceptable thing to end a sentence with.

*snerk*