12/18/07 [DMFA #856] - How ingenious

Started by Darkdragon, December 18, 2007, 08:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdragon

How ingeniously done. You've managed to answer the question and be ambiguous at the same time.

M

I'd probably be Option #1 with my characters. 

:V I wuv them all!

Wanderer

You COULD have given the backstory to the beautiful one with the skeletal wing, but nooooo. You had to do things the HARD way. :P

techmaster-glitch

Ok, now I'm confused. In this comic, Amber refers to Fluffy as 'her', but in this one, she refers to Fluffy as 'he'.
Was this intentional for extra confuzzleness? :confused

Zedd

Wanderer

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 18, 2007, 08:42:27 PM
Ok, now I'm confused. In this comic, Amber refers to Fluffy as 'her', but in this one, she refers to Fluffy as 'he'.
Remember, Amber herself doesn't know (or won't admit to knowing). Therefore, we get both.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Wanderer on December 18, 2007, 08:47:01 PM
Remember, Amber herself doesn't know (or won't admit to knowing). Therefore, we get both.

And Fluffy ain't tellin'.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Jim Halisstrad

Sweet.  Since Amber has called Fluffy both genders, that means Fluffy is a herm.

I approve *thumbs up*

Cogidubnus

I wonder.

Can we expect the next half of Abel's story to be 91 pages, then?  :3

meany

The comic was good. Nicely drawn, mildly funny, and had a bit of violence. I approve. That is all.

Caswin

Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

e_voyager

i'm guessing it's the foot note answer.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Naldru

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on December 18, 2007, 09:33:35 PM
Sweet.  Since Amber has called Fluffy both genders, that means Fluffy is a herm.

I approve *thumbs up*
I guess it really doesn't matter if Amber or the readers know the sex and orientation of Fluffy.  The only significant question is whether the canon involves Fluffy knowing the answer.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

zaehlas

I think Fluffy has XY chromosomes, but is really a metrosexual.

My two cents.

*gets out the marshmallows in preparation*

Tapewolf

So the US doesn't have Boxing Day?  I guess you live and learn...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Azraelle

Not traditionally, but as we strive to be more multicultural, it's starting to make more of an appearance.  At least, it's marked on calendars now.

Kuari

I'd hope Fluffy would be female with the whole....  bow...  I mean, Fluffy is too tough acting to be the type that's put up with it if Fluffy were male..

But hard telling knowing Amber...

And we all know Fluffy would cause the sun to supernova if anyone dared to check the traditional way of checking dog gender.

Angel

Quote from: Wanderer on December 18, 2007, 08:47:01 PM

Just apply Amber's multiple-choice philosophy to the answer on Fluffy. It makes life easier.

Option #1 made me smile.  :3
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kuari on December 19, 2007, 06:11:22 AM
And we all know Fluffy would cause the sun to supernova if anyone dared to check the traditional way of checking dog gender.

... put Fluffy in a cage with a bitch in heat?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

rabid_fox

When I used to write, I found that I quickly developed a loathing for all my characters. I'm not sure why, but people would come to be and be all "Oh! I love how you built up Character A" and I'd be all "Yeah? Well she's a WHORE and I hope she burns in the Lake of Fire".

Good times, good times.

I don't write anymore. Court order.

Oh dear.

rt

:boogie Ahh all good answers .. I chose E: all of the above

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aleolus

I'll pick option B!  Fluffy's the greatest fluffball there ever was!   :boogie

rabid_fox

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on December 19, 2007, 12:21:35 PM
I sense a hate for for Abel.

You mean you haven't been reading his backstory?

Worst. Day. Ever.

Oh dear.

Sunblink

Quote from: Marmonstein on December 18, 2007, 08:33:30 PM
I'd probably be Option #1 with my characters. 

:V I wuv them all!

Seconded :U I abuse my characters because I love them.

Really.

Weirdly, I was wondering how many times Amber had to draw Abel in his backstory before she got sick of it. XD All those spots... wow.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Alondro

*Charles is generally abused by his characters*  Charline would definitely NOT be a favorite!  She's mean to me!   :<

To torment Amber, we should all pool our money together and give it all to her... in exchange, she must draw a comic strip background story for EVERY CHARACTER!!   By next year... which is in about two weeks.  :mwaha

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Amber Williams

Netrogo

I have a theory!

I think Fluffy was meant to be one of those running gag things, like Pat from SNL. However Amber accidentally tagged a gender onto Fluffy in that comic surrounding Fraggles. Rather then admit to an oopsie she simply turns around and does this comic the opposite, thus throwing Fluffy back into the confusion lime light.

Conspiracy theories for the win!
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Alondro

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 19, 2007, 03:20:36 PM
I can always refund your money. :V

Nope!  It'll come from a respected Nigerian businessman, who'll give you the money and disappear when you send your account number!   :mwaha

*Charline hmms*  Isn't that scam supposed to be that you take all the money in the account?

*Charles ohs*  No wonder my bank account is empty...  :C
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 19, 2007, 03:20:36 PM
I can always refund your money. :V

Thank you.  :)  The way things are going, I'll take it in Canadian.

::Holds up chart::  As you can see, at zero we have achieved parity with Canada.   8)

With regards,
Ted