12/1/07 [Abel #108] - Never Meet Again

Started by Caswin, November 30, 2007, 11:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Aniz is a scary evil 'cubus.

But we knew that already.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Alondro

Ahem... 30 days hath September, April, June, and NOVEMBER.

Tomorrow is Dec 1. 

:P

But he has made one miscalculation.  What if May should contract an illness and die young?  What if she kills herself from the trauma she's just endured?  Then he has no more hold over Abel all of a sudden. 

Tsk tsk, villains never do think these things through very carefully.  That's why they end up getting beaten every time!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rt

Darn, even when you kidnap someone .. paperwork paperwork paperwork!

Sid

Nuuuu don't leave, Aniz... you're awesome in your evilness, and I dig your dress code and color scheme...  :C

(Edit: ...wait, I actually was up long enough to actually catch an update before going to bed? ...OMG WHEN DID IT BECOME 5.30am? *dies*)
:boogie

WhiteFire

Aniz exits stage right...

Ok. Well then. I hope the scary poodle lady explains why he chose this path to rearing young since obviously he isn't going to bother (no matter how many times he is asked WTF.)

Zedd

Ah seems like the long road to loneyness begins here

Eibborn

Quote from: Alondro on November 30, 2007, 11:12:19 PM
But he has made one miscalculation.  What if May should contract an illness and die young?  What if she kills herself from the trauma she's just endured?  Then he has no more hold over Abel all of a sudden. 

Tsk tsk, villains never do think these things through very carefully.  That's why they end up getting beaten every time!   ;)

What, you think he's going to tell Abel? Or that maybe he's left a forwarding address?
/kicks the internet over

WhiteFire

Quote from: Eibbor_N on November 30, 2007, 11:48:13 PM
What, you think he's going to tell Abel? Or that maybe he's left a forwarding address?

I have to agree. He has been basicly told if he goes back, May dies. May has no idea in hell where he is. In fact, while some other Creatures might GUESS where he ended up, they may not have any way of contacting him. So it could be years and years after May dies that he ever finds out.

Which... is an extra special level of suck for him.

Caswin

Tomorrow is Dec 1. 
*Headdesk*
*Headdesk*
*Headdesk*

...maybe I'd make less mistakes like that if I stopped hitting my head against things.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Hellcat

the villains don't always lose... there are times when they win, and if not they get a half win. Its a nice change when that happens or you've just got a predictable boring story with no drama or darkness to it. With things like that, the villain becomes more recognizable and can be even liked by readers of those stories, otherwise its just a generic bad guy who will eventually get killed off and not missed. I know if Aniz never came back I'd miss him, he gave a good turn to the story and made it more interesting. Aniz is cool, but thats my opinion

Zina

I admit I think Aniz's plan is a little flawed. I mean, May isn't going to live forever. Abel and Aniz will probably outlive her. So what happens when May eventually dies? Does Aniz have a plan B to keep Abel off his back?
Or maybe he's hoping Abel will just forgive and forget. It's worth a shot. :O

Hellcat

Quote from: Zina on December 01, 2007, 12:14:01 AM
. So what happens when May eventually dies? Does Aniz have a plan B to keep Abel off his back?

he could keep her in suspended animation... she may even be alive in the present due to this and maybe Abel doesnt know  :mwaha

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Sunblink

Quote from: Zina on December 01, 2007, 12:14:01 AM
I admit I think Aniz's plan is a little flawed. I mean, May isn't going to live forever. Abel and Aniz will probably outlive her. So what happens when May eventually dies? Does Aniz have a plan B to keep Abel off his back?
Or maybe he's hoping Abel will just forgive and forget. It's worth a shot. :O

I'm starting to think that it's not much of a forgive and forget situation as it is a "you'll see my side of things soon" one. He said to Abel in Page 103 that "I'm sure in time things will make a lot more sense." Maybe Aniz thinks that Abel will have gotten over all the tragedies that had occurred to him by the time May's dead and will even empathize with him? It kind of seems like Aniz has a total disregard for Abel's emotions and attachments and just expects for him to "get over them."

It could be a "right now you hate me, but in time you'll actually thank me for this when you see my side of things" thing going on. But then again, I'm very sleep deprived, so my post is probably even more rife with grammar errors and logic deficiencies than usual. XD

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Naldru

Quote from: rabid_fox on December 01, 2007, 12:48:36 AM

Heh. Paperwork. I appreciate that.
My guess would be that the paperwork is the application for admission to SAIA.

It has been mentioned that Aniz hasn't considered what will happen if May dies of natural causes.  I'm not sure about that.  The fact that May will die of old age within the next fifty years merely means that Abel knows that he can have revenge without harm to May if he waits a short (for a cubi) time. This means that relatively good behavior can be expected from Abel during his adjustment to life at SAIA.

Suppose that Aniz now adopted a new identity and went back to living with May, providing her with a sympathetic ear while she rants about how she was wronged by the evil Cid/Aniz.  He could even tell Abel about how May met "somebody else" who is making her happy.  I'm curious what the reaction of the forum residents would be about such a situation.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Zedd

"No pestilence has ever been so fatal,or so hideous... Blood was its Avatar and its seal- the redness and horror of blood..." -Edgar Allan Poe

Sunblink

Quote from: Zedd on December 01, 2007, 01:48:06 AM
"No pestilence has ever been so fatal,or so hideous... Blood was its Avatar and its seal- the redness and horror of blood..." -Edgar Allan Poe

Masque of the Red Death, I presume? My favorite story by Poe. I approve of the awesome Poe-quoting. <3 Apt, too.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Omega

I wonder...

Just how the cubi race reproduce? So far our only two examples have been a cubi makeing an ofspring with a being. Kinda like in some versions of werewulfs and vampires, where they can't make cups, so they'll have to bite people and turn them into one fo them in order to increase their numbers.
I mean, I bet the paperwork can be about shcool stuff, but what if in the cubi world they encourage you to make babies and you get a free toaster or a special "#1 DaD/MoM cup or something. Hence the paperwork and "See you around, except not".

Hellcat

Quote from: Omega on December 01, 2007, 03:54:43 AM
I wonder...

Just how the cubi race reproduce? So far our only two examples have been a cubi makeing an ofspring with a being. Kinda like in some versions of werewulfs and vampires, where they can't make cups, so they'll have to bite people and turn them into one fo them in order to increase their numbers.
I mean, I bet the paperwork can be about shcool stuff, but what if in the cubi world they encourage you to make babies and you get a free toaster or a special "#1 DaD/MoM cup or something. Hence the paperwork and "See you around, except not".
I've been thinking of something like that for a little while, However two cubi may be able to reproduce together as evidenced by http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_489.php

computer nerd

I think Abel will try to get expelled from SAIA

Tapewolf

I wonder... just how the cubi race reproduce? So far our only two examples have been a cubi makeing an ofspring with a being. Kinda like in some versions of werewulfs and vampires, where they can't make cups, so they'll have to bite people and turn them into one fo them in order to increase their numbers.

Making cups... You've given me a wonderful mental image there.

Anyway, this has come up before, and Amber pointed out that Aary is a full-blood 'Cubi.  She has also said that when you have a union between two 'Cubi from different clans, the children will (normally?) be of the more powerful clan.

Quote from: Naldru on December 01, 2007, 01:24:04 AM
The fact that May will die of old age within the next fifty years merely means that Abel knows that he can have revenge without harm to May if he waits a short (for a cubi) time.
He knows less than Dan about the 'Cubi race right now, so I don't think he knows he's going to live for thousands of years yet.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anri

So long as he can control where Abel is, such as SAIA, it doesn't matter if May is alive or not, as long as Abel thinks she is.

Tapewolf

I've just noticed the title on the main page.  UHF for the win.

**EDIT**
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KezvwARhBIc

Fuyudenki

I wonder...

creative spelling, are we?  Fun times.  That's why I try not to post when it gets late.

Anyway, also don't forget the mythos (notably White Wolf's World of Darkness) where Werewolves do reproduce sexually, but one parent has to be human, or the pup will be stillborn, or in the case of WOD, a little monster that attempts to commit parenticide, which is why in World of Darkness, having sex with another werewolf is one of the graver sins a werewolf can commit.(I decided not to do this for my own story's universe.)

Now I wonder what the reproductive requirements for Amber's Weres are.  We know they don't transmit by disease.

Alondro

Quote from: WhiteFire on November 30, 2007, 11:55:06 PM
Quote from: Eibbor_N on November 30, 2007, 11:48:13 PM

I have to agree. He has been basicly told if he goes back, May dies. May has no idea in hell where he is. In fact, while some other Creatures might GUESS where he ended up, they may not have any way of contacting him. So it could be years and years after May dies that he ever finds out.

Which... is an extra special level of suck for him.

Buuuuut, Abel is inevitably going to figure out that while he could live for millenia, his mom is a mortal Being and will likely die around a century of age if she's lucky.  Considering she's prolly in her 30's, that leaves about 70 years, during which time where I in his place, I'd perfect every Cubi battle technique I could in preparation for the horrific fate I'd be mentally crafting for my lying, scumbag father.

But then, Abel is much more sniveling than I am, and has hemophobia.  So, he'll prolly just break under the mental strain.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on December 01, 2007, 02:31:41 PM
Buuuuut, Abel is inevitably going to figure out that while he could live for millenia, his mom is a mortal Being and will likely die around a century of age if she's lucky.  Considering she's prolly in her 30's, that leaves about 70 years
Only if she gave birth to him when she was seven.

I'd say she's probably good until about 75 - IIRC Weres have slightly longer lives, but she probably isn't one.
I'd put her closer to 50 as her current age too.

**EDIT**
Slight correction: 'in her 30's' does go up to 39, which would make her 16 when Abel was born?

Aleolus

Wow, I suddenly wonder if he's been in Saia this whole time sulking about his dad, and trying to plot 'revenge', or if he's just a mope.

Alondro

Quote from: Aleolus on December 01, 2007, 04:03:17 PM
Wow, I suddenly wonder if he's been in Saia this whole time sulking about his dad, and trying to plot 'revenge', or if he's just a mope.

He's about 400 in the current storyline.  He's likely already had his revenge!   

And yeah, I do think I underestimated May's age.  It was just a quick guess, not taking into account Abel's actualy age.  He looks like he's still a kid here!  I'd say mid-40's is a more likely age.  Just means Aniz has even less time!

Reese Tora

Tomorrow is Dec 1. 

:P
I prefer the knuckle method... january, pinky knuckle, 31 days, febuary, dip between pinky and ring, less than 31 days, March, ring knuckle, 31 days... july and august are both  index finger knuckles (on opposite hands) so are 31 days.

*thanks "101 things for kids to do" video he had as a kid*

Assuming Able ever finds out... Aniz is leaving Able with a sort of twisted Schroedinger's cat box, where he can't know if May is alive or dead, but if he observes her state, she definently will be dead.

Given that there's atleast twenty more years of life in her baring accidents (and maybe as much as 60 or 70 years), I don't think Abel will even remember about getting his revenge unless he dwells on it and makes it his central thought for the intervening time.  In the case he does that, I don't think he'd care about May's life anymore anyway, atleast not until the concequences took her life.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation