11/30/07 [DMFA #847] - Kiii...?

Started by Stygian, November 29, 2007, 10:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Suggestion for official voice actor for pip: Liam Neeson.

Sunblink

Quote from: Stygian on November 29, 2007, 10:06:33 PM
Suggestion for official voice actor for pip: Liam Neeson.

Seconded.

Oh wait, you stole that from me. :U That makes it ten times as brilliant.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cogidubnus

I am flabbergasted. Flabbergasted I say!

...does this mean Pip is some sort of mythos, now? Or are drakes simply misunderstood?

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Tricondon

Shockingly, I am not as surprised as I think I should be.

Mab also seems a bit more wise than Amber has made her out to be in the past. Or that could just be her role in this world. Fae tend to confuse me that way.

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Naldru

Does that mean that the drakes are role playing as well as the fae?  Or is Pip even really a drake?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

xHaZxMaTx

I totally picture Pip with a British accent, for some reason.

Paul

And the Academy Award for best supporting actor goes to... Pip.

CameronCN

Quote from: Naldru on November 29, 2007, 10:18:03 PM
Does that mean that the drakes are role playing as well as the fae?  Or is Pip even really a drake?

Maybe he's really ANIZ IN DISGUISE. :U

More seriously, maybe he's a fae in disguise. :B (Or maybe it's just that drakes can really talk, if you can understand their language--ie, if you are a fae.)

In other news, hurrah for the zany arc!

Saist

... "for him to end up disliking you more in the end"

*parses* ... Mab's going to do something to cause Dan to dislike her? ... oi... ... I'm... not really sure I'm liking where the story arc seems to be going...

nikename2

kalika36

i think pip and mab have always been able to communicate speaking wise......pip just chooses not to out of simplicity and talking to the others ( anyone other than mab) might be unneccessary.  I wonder if Pip's natural dislike for Dan because he is of the Cyra (sp?) Clan......

Turnsky

pip speaks, now that's a plot twist...

as for voice actors, even though he's kinda deceased, Richard Burton..  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Faerie Alex

Pip may be speaking now, but my mouth is moving without words coming out.

Now this is a plot twist for the record books. At least an EPT*-4. Nice one, Amber.

(*: EPT=Enhanced Plot Twist scale)
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Naldru

Quote from: je.saist on November 29, 2007, 10:29:58 PM
... "for him to end up disliking you more in the end"

*parses* ... Mab's going to do something to cause Dan to dislike her? ... oi... ... I'm... not really sure I'm liking where the story arc seems to be going...
Nobody likes to find out that they've been manipulated, even if it is for their own good.  My feeling is that Pip and Mab are concerned how Jyrras and Dan will feel when they find out how they've been manipulated.  Another thought that I just had is to wonder whether Wildy is also being manipulated or whether she might be one of the people involved in the manipulation.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

techmaster-glitch

Whaaaaaaa?!?

*gets over it*

Actually, Pip has always seemed to be able to communicate, jus in hisown language. Mab always seemed to understand him. This is just Amber tantalizingly dropping another narrative curtain.
I'm not saying that wasn't effective, though.

Quote from: Naldru on November 29, 2007, 10:42:18 PMAnother thought that I just had is to wonder whether Wildy is also being manipulated or whether she might be one of the people involved in the manipulation.
Knowing Wildy, she's probably the one manipulating the Fae.

Zedd

I love this Amber....All though this probley was so not forseen well enough..Fa'Lina couldnt probley catch a glimpce of what madness you prepare on this night. And for your Questions from the Readers pages....I got a few to toss at you!

Dear Amber,
  Your an awesome gal and I have a few questions for you
1. What brings you into life each morning wake?
2. Do you like monkeys?
3. Is Abel still made at me?
4. What is your quest?
5. When is the best time for a hug?
                               Love your friend,
                                                 Zedd

RJ

Although he's always been able to communicate with Mab, it's awesome to hear from Mab's perspective. :)

*jaw drops regardless*

techmaster-glitch

Oh, I just remembered a question I've had for awhile for Amber...

Do you ever pan on giving any significant attention in-comic to the lesser-known races sometime in the future, specifically the Insectis and the Mer? Possibly even introducing a real character for them? Or maybe a few of the other races?

M

...Wow.  :U

Maaan, now I really want to know the plan.

Caswin

I just managed to swallow my water instead of spitting it out.  I think it's like a defensive reflex or something, I've got a million of 'em.

That said.  What.  The.  Eyetwitchy.  :erk
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Hellcat

Angel

:erk Huh?!

(reads again) Huh?!?!

(reads a third time) HUH?!?!?!

So wait... Pip can speak. He wants Mab and Dan to end up together, or something like that, and he can SPEAK?!?!

(head-->knees) (I sit very L-ish..)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Rika Banpaia

for some reason, i picture Samuel Jackson doing the voice for pip  :mowdizzy

e_voyager

A dragon is a dragon regardless of size and pip has shown his intellect before even if this is the first time we the readers has actually understood him. still it makes me wonder why does he want Dan to dislike /hate him?  
i know that some dragons define their lives by an obsession but or they draw power form some form of emotional empathy ( if rage and anger in Eilander's case )
But what does pip get form annoying Dan and almost everyone that gets close to Mab?
At first i though he was just hording her attention but now i don't think that that is quite it?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Caswin

Now that the initial shock has worn off, I would like to put forward that Mab is the Fae in question.

I'm not sure exactly what my reasoning is, but I see a possible link here, and I therefore invoke the Phoenix Wright strategy: present something that seems related and hope the creators had something in mind.

But this time...
It's not a game. :U
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Stonehawk

... I always wondered. I'm kind of impressed. I think I like Mab even more as a character now.
As far as Pip, a lot of things seem to make more sense now. Pip is worried about making Dan DISLIKE Mab...? And suddenly it's clear as day. Pip's herding Dan like a sheep dog, keeping Dan out of Mab's hair while she handles her plans... so that Dan cannot adequately concentrate enough on Mab in any intellectually sufficient capacity to detect what she is doing. Because if Dan knew how deep Mab's roots went... he'd be brandishing the woodcutter's ax right now.

...Amber, I think that this has been engaging enough for now... Too much story is going to burn me out x.x I know that I for one would be very happy if you just did a silly antics arc or maybe a sort of 'day in the life' arc.... something that shows us a little more about Lost Lake, how it's laid out, the geography, the surrounding lands, that sort of thing. I would absolutely adore a reference like that. And... it would be an incredible experience to see just how much it has changed from the way it was in the Dream..

Another thing that would be a great time-waster would be to give the readers a glimpse at present-day REAL lost lake. A whole reality-skip for maybe ten or fifteen pages.

Aw dangit, now I feel the need to go back there and see it... *logs on furc, grumblemutter*
...I can tell you it would at least be interesting. Real Lost Lake is a much darker place.

bilbo-sama

ZOMGWTFBBQVCR *FLAIL*  :erk

K done now.

Bilbo's fangirly list of peeps who could voice Pip:

1. John Cleese
2. Johnny Yong Bosch
3. Crispin Freeman
4. Mike Myers
5. Some dude no one has ever heard of :P Tara Strong

I could go all day. Thus I'm making myself stop at five. ^^;

e_voyager

one last question were to we submit or questions even though I'm sure Amber has a stack of them that she can chose form to answer.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey