11/28/07 [DMFA #846] - With Curses Like These...

Started by Cogidubnus, November 28, 2007, 02:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Who needs blessings, honestly?

I rather thought this might be the case. Of course, now, if you could fool someone into -thinking- you were Fae-cursed...

Amber Williams

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 28, 2007, 02:49:23 AM
Of course, now, if you could fool someone into -thinking- you were Fae-cursed...

...you might end up coming across a Fae who decides since you went through all the effort of cursing yourself, that they should go through with it just to be fair. :3

Sienna Maiu - M T

Soooo much laughter right now... This is like, the best.
Clearly, the vengeance must not have been too bad either.
But then again. This is Dan we're talking about.

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 28, 2007, 02:53:39 AM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 28, 2007, 02:49:23 AM
Of course, now, if you could fool someone into -thinking- you were Fae-cursed...

...you might end up coming across a Fae who decides since you went through all the effort of cursing yourself, that they should go through with it just to be fair. :3

True enough

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 28, 2007, 02:53:39 AM

...*erphs*

Erasable markers for the win?  :B

Kasarn

Fae curses are all the rage. Why, I sell GENUINE FAE CURSES for $10 each. They're totally real and, like, not fake. In my spare time, I also sell bridges. :3

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Kasarn on November 28, 2007, 03:08:06 AM
Fae curses are all the rage. Why, I sell GENUINE FAE CURSES for $10 each. They're totally real and, like, not fake. In my spare time, I also sell bridges. :3

You mean monorails, yes?  :3

schizo

I love that last panel,it's one of those things that will make a person laugh out loud.
I'm giggling as i type this.

Tapewolf

Oh, I like that.  Dan's expressions are awesome.

As an aside, it's interesting that he seems to have got over his mother being evil so soon, although that might be something to do with the 'Cubi attention-span.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Reaver225

What I don't get exactly is why Mab couldn't have just cursed Jy herself. I mean, she's acting depowered and all now, but a fae-curse from her would still deter people from gnawing on Jyrras just as well. And then if she needed to actually carry out the curse she could feed him home-cooked muffins or something.

Naldru

Quote from: Reaver225 on November 28, 2007, 03:57:13 AM
What I don't get exactly is why Mab couldn't have just cursed Jy herself. I mean, she's acting depowered and all now, but a fae-curse from her would still deter people from gnawing on Jyrras just as well. And then if she needed to actually carry out the curse she could feed him home-cooked muffins or something.
Because if Mab did the curse, it would be out of character.  I'm just wondering if Albanion was involved in the previous curse.  If so, was there some secret back-story behind the incident that Dan is unaware of.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Hellcat

I especially like the glow of the lava, detail ish good

Kuari

lol, god, yeah, I really wonder what Dan did or why Mab arranged Dan's curse.  quite an interesting thought.  Though of course Dan would be the one to abuse something like that the most.

computer nerd

ahah I Wonder what was Dan was doing all this time  why jy-jy was at fae world :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: computer nerd on November 28, 2007, 05:48:47 AM
ahah I Wonder what was Dan was doing all this time  why jy-jy was at fae world :3

It might have been zero time-lapse given that the Fae realm is separate.  So they might only have been gone as long as the conversation with Nutmeg.  That said, Dan is far, far more chipper than he was last we saw him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madmann135

Of all the people to get Fae Cursed, Dan happened to make it a sport of sorts.

Thanks to Dan, Jy-Jy knows that a Fae curse can be a blessing but still I can't help but squirt milk through my nose as I look at the last panel.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

M

computer nerd

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 28, 2007, 06:09:06 AM
Quote from: computer nerd on November 28, 2007, 05:48:47 AM

It might have been zero time-lapse given that the Fae realm is separate.  So they might only have been gone as long as the conversation with Nutmeg.  That said, Dan is far, far more chipper than he was last we saw him.
hmm maybe he ran in to Matilda or something and did some fun stuff    :3

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 28, 2007, 03:37:54 AM

As an aside, it's interesting that he seems to have got over his mother being evil so soon, although that might be something to do with the 'Cubi attention-span.

Clearly, Dan has taken a little trip to Egypt.

Akisohida

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 28, 2007, 03:37:54 AM

Naw, it is just Dan attention-span. He has never been one to stay on track for very long, yeah? :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Paladin Sheppard

I'd just like to say one thing Dan you ROCK dude! Heheh

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on November 28, 2007, 08:29:08 AM
I'd just like to say one thing Dan you ROCK dude! Heheh

Amber controls Dan.
Erego Amber rocks.

Do we really need to point out the obvious?

(. . .)
(yes)

AndersW

I must say that it is nice to see Dan in his old robe again.  And his expressions rock.

techmaster-glitch

superluser

Is it just me, or have the strips been much more serious lately?  This is the first really whimsical strip I've seen in a while, thus making me happy.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Saist

Quote from: AndersW on November 28, 2007, 09:34:46 AM
I must say that it is nice to see Dan in his old robe again.  And his expressions rock.

was wondering if anybody was going to note it had been a while since we had seen Dan in the original Wildy robe.

techmaster : looks like a Naga of some sort.

rt

Ahh yes leave it to dan to abuse the curse mark  :boogie

Alondro

*Charles oooos*  If I get cursed by a Fae, I'll be safe from Charline!   :boogie  *pokes Azlan*  C'mon, curse me already!

*Charline awws*  That's no fair.   :<  Well, I guess Dan did know regret... it could be the curse that all his friends and family now have plots and secrets swirling around them.  And that curse led to Jyrras' being cursed, which will lea to other curses, which will lead to more suffering, and more curses... until it exponentially spirals out of control and ends up destroying the universe.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Falcarthum

Quote from: Schizo on November 28, 2007, 03:34:44 AM
I love that last panel,it's one of those things that will make a person laugh out loud.
I'm giggling as i type this.

* cleaning the milk in the monitor *
Totally agree with you...

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Caswin

Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.