24/11/07 [Abel #107] - father son moment

Started by Fex, November 24, 2007, 05:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fex

oh what a way to cheer someone up by saying you will kill they're mom if they do something really stupid

Edit:
Fixed your topic. Hope you don't mind...
  -- llearch

Anri

This, I think, is a good look into his and the creature mindset in general. Killing another creature was tragic. He didn't want to do it. May on the otherhand was expendable the moment she gave birth, though perhaps he wanted to use her in raising Abel to adulthood, or perhaps he wanted to see how long he could keep up the game. She was simply a means to an end.

As for cheering up Abel? Well, he IS evil and I while again he's not exactly seeming eager to kill other creatures, mental anguish and manipulation are more than fine.

Zedd

Welcome to page 4 of your suffering Abel..Welcome..

Tapewolf

Nice to see him show some degree of remorse (some Creature-Creature kinship?)  Pity he immediately went and blew it, though.  Heck, he could at least have pretended to feel something to keep his son happy, and therefore a bit more malleable.  I guess subtlety isn't in his lexicon.

Quote from: Fex on November 24, 2007, 05:54:50 AM
oh what a way to cheer someone up by saying you will kill they're mom if they do something really stupid
Assuming she doesn't kill herself, of course.  In any case, all Abel has to do is keep calm for the next 30 years or so and she'll have died naturally (some consolation).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Wow.

Aniz is really living up to the mispronounciation of his name, isn't he?

I'm starting to suspect he might use May's survival as leverage to keep Abel in line... and, like you all have suggested, that his loathing for May stems from a Creature-Being prejudice. :<

~Keaton the Black Jackal

computer nerd

Poor Abel I bet Aniz Is going to try to set up with a girl with him or something like that  :3

Longtime_Lurker

So much for "Sunshine and chocolate chip cookies".

But somehow I can't shake the feeling that this whole mess is just a test or even homework for Destinas deception class . After all this is said to be her speciality, isn't it?
If that is true I guess Aniz is only feeling regret because by killing Hennya he will get a bad mark.

Reaver225

Hahahaha... What a magnificent act of bastadry on Aniz's part... Now THAT threat, right there, is a near surefire way of keeping people like Abel in line with pure evilitude. It's almost certainly a guarantee that neither May or Aniz isn't alive in the current time frame.
(Of course, in the current time frame she'd be dead of old age already, but eh.)

Azraelle

So Abel hasn't escaped the probability of thinking that his mother's death will be his fault yet.  What a great childhood he's having.

superluser

Quote from: Tikki on November 24, 2007, 06:03:15 AMMay on the otherhand was expendable the moment she gave birth

No, she wasn't.  Aniz would have killed her, or at least not stayed with her for 25 years if that were the case.

For someone who is attuned to emotions, Aniz sure seems to be going out of his way to avoid giving Abel reasons not to hate him.

I still think there's something else going on here.

What if this isn't Aniz, but someone impersonating him and trying to drive a wedge between Abel and Aniz?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Reaver225

Wait, what? He could have simply kept May around just for this reason, to keep Abel in line.

Sid

Quote from: superluser on November 24, 2007, 08:09:16 AM
What if this isn't Aniz, but someone impersonating him and trying to drive a wedge between Abel and Aniz?

I really hope Abel's Story won't go down the road of an average Scooby Doo episode:

May: "No, wait... are you really Cid?"
Cid: "No! I'm actually..." *takes off mask* "Aniz!"
Everybody: *gasp*
Abel: "No, wait, if you're my father, why do you act like this?"
Cid/Aniz: "That's because I'm not really Aniz! That was just a disguise for..." *takes off mask* "ME!"
[rinse, repeat]
:boogie

Goatmon

Quote from: Reaver225 on November 24, 2007, 08:16:19 AM
Wait, what? He could have simply kept May around just for this reason, to keep Abel in line.

That....makes a very disturbing degree of sense. 

superluser

Quote from: Reaver225 on November 24, 2007, 08:16:19 AMWait, what? He could have simply kept May around just for this reason, to keep Abel in line.

Though I might dispute this, that is a possible reason why she's not expendable.

Edit: keeping him in line when?  Before or after cuberty?

Naldru

There was a shapeshifting character in Marvel comics named Mystique.  I'm not sure if I've remembered the line correctly, but she once said to a person she'd captured: "I kill my friends.  Can you imagine what I do to my enemies."  I thought of that when reading this strip.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Regal

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

multani82

I think he's referring the to comic itself?

bilbo-sama

DarkAudit

Quote from: Sid on November 24, 2007, 08:21:17 AM

I really hope Abel's Story won't go down the road of an average Scooby Doo episode:

Cid/Aniz: "That's because I'm not really Aniz! That was just a disguise for..." *takes off mask* "ME!"
[rinse, repeat]

That's not Aniz! It's a Skrull!
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Azraelle

[rinse, repeat]

"... and this isn't really a Pepsi, it's-" -zip- "a Pepsi Twist."

Manawolf

If he's going to be like that, he'll be Drip's butt buddy in the next life.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: bilbo-sama on November 24, 2007, 10:30:01 AM
Y halo thar budding Oedipus Complex?  :U

Abel & his mom, you mean?

Somehow I don't think Oedipus is quite what you had in mind. Or maybe it is, I don't know. It just doesn't seem likely.

("Oedipus schmedipus, I just love Mom...")
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jakon

[rinse, repeat]

And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dumb dog!

M

Aniz may be a jerk, but he seems to be a smart jerk. I agree that Aniz threatening Abel's mother is a good way to make sure the little cubi does as he's told.

Of course, once May dies of old age/whatever, you have to wonder what Abel's going to do...if anything. :[

Goatmon

Quote from: superluser on November 24, 2007, 08:32:57 AM
Quote from: Reaver225 on November 24, 2007, 08:16:19 AMWait, what? He could have simply kept May around just for this reason, to keep Abel in line.

Though I might dispute this, that is a possible reason why she's not expendable.

Edit: keeping him in line when?  Before or after cuberty?

During the period where he's almost certain to make a run for it?  I mean, if his mom's life wasn't on the line, why the hell else would he hesitate to break for it at the earliest opportunity? 

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Jakon on November 24, 2007, 01:08:06 PM

[rinse, repeat]

And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dumb dog!

I think you mean,
"And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling adventurers, and your dumb drake!"

superluser

Quote from: Goatmon on November 24, 2007, 02:02:10 PMDuring the period where he's almost certain to make a run for it?  I mean, if his mom's life wasn't on the line, why the hell else would he hesitate to break for it at the earliest opportunity?

Yeah, why *didn't* Dan make a break for it?

AndersW

Quote from: superluser on November 24, 2007, 03:41:55 PM
Quote from: Goatmon on November 24, 2007, 02:02:10 PMDuring the period where he's almost certain to make a run for it?  I mean, if his mom's life wasn't on the line, why the hell else would he hesitate to break for it at the earliest opportunity?

Yeah, why *didn't* Dan make a break for it?

Dan was there like 2 days.  If his friends hadn't come to rescue him, he would have gotten around to it within the week most likely;  if he didn't get distracted learning stuff that is.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on November 24, 2007, 03:50:52 PM
Dan was there like 2 days.  If his friends hadn't come to rescue him, he would have gotten around to it within the week most likely;  if he didn't get distracted learning stuff that is.

Dan had no idea where he was, and was in a magically-protected location.  While it's not utterly impossible*, I really don't see how he could break out.

*I say it's not impossible, but with Fa'Lina being omniscient and all, he could only really do something like that if she allowed him to.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E