11/17/07 [Abel #106] - Good enough excuse...

Started by Zedd, November 17, 2007, 05:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Well I am sure where all waiting for a proper answer to this...Even though it seems Aniz avoids it like it was a breeze apon the wind..

MT Hazard

man's got a point though, he could go though his whole mad motivation but it wouldn't excuse traumatising May for the rest of her life and killing Abel's friend.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

computer nerd

Well i wonder who going come in and make it worse  :3

Tapewolf

Killing Hennya was, loosely speaking, an accident.  As he seemed to be saying himself, it would likely be covered under self-defence.  It wasn't part of the plan and it wasn't something he was at all happy about doing.  Traumatizing May was evil.  That's the only bit I can't see where he's coming from.

Killing Cid was not something he did tonight, but we still don't know the circumstances behind it anyway, whether Aniz was deliberately looking for a victim or whether Cid 'shot first'...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jigsaw Forte

... Roundabout way of goin' "I'm Sorry", innit?

Zedd

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on November 17, 2007, 07:11:47 AM
... Roundabout way of goin' "I'm Sorry", innit?
Maybe he is..But all in seriousness I think Aniz is avoiding the question still for a perfectly two good reasons. One: Mainly ripping up Abels heart like cheap bought colored paper and  Two:Totaly disfigured May with Physical and physcological injuries that forever take to heal and close

rt

Seems I'm with MTHazzard (and Able) on this one .. there may be some mad answer .. but it doesn't really matter anywyas  :<

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Alondro

There's a very simple excuse:  "I have the power and you don't.  Therefore I can do whatever I feel like doing cuz you can't stop me.

That does fit the general evil Cubi mindset, after all. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kria would be happy with it, as well.

.. well, until Jy-jy started gnawing at her ankles again...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

So I'm not getting Aniz's character, here.  He's changed emotions on a dime, and it seems to be incongruous with his previous reactions.

Is he going through puberty or something?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

M

Quote from: superluser on November 17, 2007, 10:53:43 AM
Is he going through puberty or something?

Seriously. He's like every teenager ever.  :U

I do have to agree with him though. There isn't anything he can say to try to make the situation better.

AnizInDisguise

Well, at least he realizes he's done something horrible.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on November 17, 2007, 11:24:28 AM

That's the sign. The sign that someone is not completely immoral. I still feel Aniz can come out of all this a good person. Despite what he has done.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on November 17, 2007, 10:53:43 AM
So I'm not getting Aniz's character, here.  He's changed emotions on a dime, and it seems to be incongruous with his previous reactions.
He did that before when he stopped being Cid.  While it doesn't say it outright in the Demonology, I do get the impression that sudden emotional flips are a regular 'Cubi thing...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kesh

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 17, 2007, 11:33:17 AM

That's the sign. The sign that someone is not completely immoral. I still feel Aniz can come out of all this a good person. Despite what he has done.

I disagree. It simply means he's not insane. Those without a full grasp on reality can't understand when they've done something wrong.

He had a plan, and this was it (aside from killing Hennya). He knows it's inexcusable, but he did it anyway.

Eventually we'll find out why, but it still won't excuse it. Which makes him even more of a bastard.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Only Time will tell.

Poor, poor Abel, he knows there's no excuse either, also he probably realizes he is resigned to whatever fate Aniz has planned for him. Aside everything, he probably still doesn't consider this man his father.

Regal

Aniz seems to be confirming that he's a jerk.

GabrielsThoughts

for the love of god, next scene! Must we suffer through this with Abel?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Titanium Dragon

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 17, 2007, 02:59:42 PM
for the love of god, next scene! Must we suffer through this with Abel?

Yes. That's what makes for good storytelling, eh? Emotional attachment, followed by using that emotional attachment. This is the using part, eh?

That was an interesting response, but it is true he seems to have a very here and there personality, though it is also possible it is that creature vs being dichotomy - he cares about Abel because he's his son and he's a creature, but he doesn't care at all about May because she's a being. So he treats them differently.

Saist

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2007, 06:37:32 AM
Killing Hennya was, loosely speaking, an accident.  As he seemed to be saying himself, it would likely be covered under self-defence.  It wasn't part of the plan and it wasn't something he was at all happy about doing.  Traumatizing May was evil.  That's the only bit I can't see where he's coming from.

Killing Cid was not something he did tonight, but we still don't know the circumstances behind it anyway, whether Aniz was deliberately looking for a victim or whether Cid 'shot first'...
* je.saist makes T-shirts that have Aniz Shot First printed on them.

Angel

Hm. So this is (partially) where Abel gets his ethics.

Aniz knows what he did was evil, and knows, no doubt, that he himself is evil. But he refuses to apologize for it. It can't be that he doesn't care, 'cause that comment made it pretty clear that he does, or at least he does when people close to him somehow are involved. But just fitting him into the "honest jerk" label doesn't seem right. There's a difference between just being a jerk and being all-out evil.

Quote from: dannysaysnoo on November 17, 2007, 11:33:17 AM

Well, yeah, he does have some sense of morality. But I think he's still pretty far from being a good person. I mean, he was smiling when he revealed to May that he was Cid's murderer. Though that could've just been theatrics...

Of course, we could all be wrong, and he could be a complete bipolar sociopath, like Elle from Heroes.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Manawolf

IT WOULD HELP TO NOTE IT YOU ****!

No I'm not going censor myself, this is a deliberate smack to the face of the fans.

Zina

It's cool, Manawolf. I'll do it for you.
PG forum. Keep it that way.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2007, 11:58:13 AMWhile it doesn't say it outright in the Demonology, I do get the impression that sudden emotional flips are a regular 'Cubi thing...

Mood swings are one thing, but Aniz's emotions are switching like a ViewMaster wheel in a phenakistoscope.

Eh, I'm sure it will all make sense in retrospect.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Following up all way from the beguining we noticed that Cid was a man and a former adventurer to make all ends meet till the date of his demise and death by a cubi who was stalked this family even before birth of Abel..Mostly May had no clue about it at all but their was very quiet yet very loose string theorys about it all but I dought theres enough time to explain it all.

Caswin

Quote from: Black_angel on November 17, 2007, 04:32:28 PM
Hm. So this is (partially) where Abel gets his ethics.

Aniz knows what he did was evil, and knows, no doubt, that he himself is evil. But he refuses to apologize for it. It can't be that he doesn't care, 'cause that comment made it pretty clear that he does, or at least he does when people close to him somehow are involved.
Or he could be just brushing Abel off entirely.  Could go either way.

Blah blah blah, Aniz is nasty, blah blah blah.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Manawolf

The final and most important question to any story: Why.

You leave that out, and you throw away the chance of having a timeless classic and instead end up with a wrinkled and decrepit old granny of a plot.

You're only showing the frailty in your writing, Amber.  Not giving us reason only leads to suspicion and thoughts of you simply doing it for the hell of it, which is never a good idea when trying to make something serious.

You've thrown yourself out of "Jack" quality, and down into the dumps of "Better Days" stupidity.