11/14/07 [DMFA #841]

Started by Fragmaster01, November 14, 2007, 02:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragmaster01

And now the great search for Lorenda begins, in which all involved will come to discover more about themselves through a series of strange yet plausible plot points.

Hellcat

Reese Tora

"Dragons and fae- Lorenda!"

gee, what's more important? the potential destruction of the universe (atleast, the section you live in), or your relationship problems?

I'm guessing it's more of a "don't have to worry about powers damaging something important" sort of breaking rather than any intentional plot, though.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

That was quick for five whole minutes

e_voyager

i guess we know which of the three is most important to his. come on Jy-Jy use that brain of yours and  plot out where they lovely carnivorous cow belle Lorenda has gone.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Saist

oi... so it looks like I'm the first one to put two and two together then.

If what Rose says is the truth, then the dragons are extra-dimensional like the Fae. If the Dragons are able to see in, and out, of a particular dimension, as well as travel in and out of a particular dimension...

what exactly does that do to Destania's and Bigg's plans to destroy all the Dragons?  Sounds like it would be pretty much impossible. The question then is also raised about whether or not those aware of the conflict to wipe out all the Dragons (say, Fa'lina when she thought Pyroduck wouldn't get near Dan's family), are they aware that their home dimension could be toasted... appearently at the whim of the Fae or the Dragons?

Now combine this with the inability to locate Edward .. other than the Dragons have him. Ergo, the Dragon's have Edward in another dimension... which might actually be Important by the standards Rose is using.

Of course, the impact of what Rose just spilled the beans on is completely missed for Jy Jy losing track of a big fat cow.

Manawolf

Nothing like bashing your own fantasy universe.  If it were the boonies, it would be one of those zombie worlds or frozen planets, you know, the kind that can never be saved from what they are.

RJ

QuotePhotoshop luv eating files!

NOM NOM NOM.

You know, my anime club prez always argues with me that it's actually 'OM NOM NOM NOM'.

Azraelle

I would say that something like "NOM NOM NOM" isn't worth debating or arguing over, but then I remembered that he was the president of an anime club.  :)

As for the comic:  it seems like it was just one of those "oh by the way, your universe sucks" comments before shooing him away.  The sudden change of outfit seems to suggest that Rose is heading out, and a quick "look over there, your non-girlfriend is missing!"  *pops out of view*

Jim Halisstrad

Thats why Jy needs to start pumping out WMDs :D

Silverfoxr

for instant new hairstyle just pull antenna strings - hehe

e_voyager

chuckles yeah i thought  that was cute too.  yes i put that dragons are extra-dimensional beings (but then again i've always assumed that) part together but I'd honestly forgotten about the Destina / Biggs plot to destroy them. also the only universe it's save to have fae like entities (see the beyonder and secrets wars) are fringes universe or dimensional regenerations universe. universe that will automatically rebuild them selves if broken. see Marvel comics age of Apocalypse  and DC comics Crisis series.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tycoon

Is Pip enough of a dragon/drake to have the potential for inter-dimensional travel?

Tapewolf

Quote from: je.saist on November 14, 2007, 03:44:05 AM
what exactly does that do to Destania's and Bigg's plans to destroy all the Dragons?  Sounds like it would be pretty much impossible. The question then is also raised about whether or not those aware of the conflict to wipe out all the Dragons (say, Fa'lina when she thought Pyroduck wouldn't get near Dan's family), are they aware that their home dimension could be toasted... appearently at the whim of the Fae or the Dragons?

I don't know about the Edward point, but I imagine Dee already knows this, and in any case they seem to imply it can be done silently and more-or-less instantly.  I still think the plan is to somehow prevent the dragons from being able to enter their universe, or at least their world.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

that much i don't know. all and all i wold have to say that he would have much of the same abilities but scaled downs to his size like the dragons and fire lizards of pern. but then that's just my opinion. ( it's too bad that magic kingdom and g the few forgotten realms books i have don't have something to compare their dragons to.)

Sid

:boogie

Brunhidden

Quote from: Sid on November 14, 2007, 08:22:42 AM
Quote from: Silverfoxr on November 14, 2007, 04:48:02 AM
for instant new hairstyle just pull antenna strings - hehe

Your Mileage May Vary ;)

well in silvers deffence i bet he has a very different hairstyle
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Angel

Rose's new outfit = muy snazzy.

Lorenda missing = Huh?

And the rest... Rose's last statement confuses me. Does that mean Fae and Dragons exist to help the Beings not get killed, or are they just there to speed along the death? Drat these Fae and their plot-twisty-skillz!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

DarkAudit

The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Black_angel on November 14, 2007, 09:44:48 AM
Rose's last statement confuses me. Does that mean Fae and Dragons exist to help the Beings not get killed, or are they just there to speed along the death?
I think she's saying that they use it for their games and experiments since it won't matter too much if it gets damaged.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

aha! scene change. I am the l337...

seriously, how did she change her clothes so fast? did she just change the molecular structure, or use magic?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Caswin

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 14, 2007, 10:58:31 AMseriously, how did she change her clothes so fast?
She's Fae.  That's how.  Be glad she bothered to actually do a kinda-visible, almost plausible-looking "changing clothes"action.

Hm... alternate realities... this seems like a good excuse to randomly bring up-
:x
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Alondro

Furrae is the boonies, unimportant... which makes the human universe North Korea, not really important but pretends it is.   :B

*Charline burps*  Mmmm... demon cow...  >:3  Erm, nothing!  Well, now you see why I must absorb a Fae soul.  The power to traverse dimensions as well as immortality, virtual indestructibility, and limitless magical ability to manipulate matter and energy with the merest thought!  Come on, if that isn't the ultimate super-villain goal i don't know what is!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sienna Maiu - M T

Cool. Insta-Dreads. Awesome outfit, more green, I'm thinking it might be her favourite colour. Also, I suppose I never mentioned how I had noticed that Rose also wore (almost all) secondary colours. At the time, I thought that she might just be an apprentice-type thing or something. So this brings up the questions "Who died?(for Rose to exist)" I almost bet it was a surprize child, based on the default option. and also, "Does Mab's gem have any baring on Rose's eye colour?" Because I sort of wonder if maybe she chose that much...

Quote from: Tycoon on November 14, 2007, 06:59:39 AM
Is Pip enough of a dragon/drake to have the potential for inter-dimensional travel?

Well he must be to travel MabsLand and back.

*snirk*

Dr Neo Lao

Well, if the DMFA world is the equivalent of the universe's etch-a-sketch then there isn't a whole lot that any of the beings (or creatures for that matter) can do about it.

However, the whole Destania / Biggs Plot may be a red herring. From the outside, we now know that all their efforts are doomed to failure without the use of some massive PD. But from their POV, it's not only possible but essential.

Doesn't mean that it won't be fun watching them try. Like watching the hamster on his wheel...

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Dr Neo Lao on November 14, 2007, 05:32:53 PM
Doesn't mean that it won't be fun watching them try. Like watching the hamster on his wheel...

Lookit him go! where is he running!

even worse were those clear rolling balls you'd put them in. they must have been going mad in there!

e_voyager

life is a game wit out distraction long  life can be like a cures. I've slept away more years then many beings who's dreamt of immortality have ever hoped for.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Alondro on November 14, 2007, 12:15:23 PM
Furrae is the boonies, unimportant... which makes the human universe North Korea, not really important but pretends it is.   :B

*Charline burps*  Mmmm... demon cow...  >:3  Erm, nothing!  Well, now you see why I must absorb a Fae soul.  The power to traverse dimensions as well as immortality, virtual indestructibility, and limitless magical ability to manipulate matter and energy with the merest thought!  Come on, if that isn't the ultimate super-villain goal i don't know what is!   :mwaha

First of all, I think it's very much possible that a fae soul is entirely different from a normal soul, and therefore something that can not be absorbed through cubi powers.

And the ultimate evil super-villain goal is obviously to steal all the world's muffins. >_>

Fuyudenki

It occurred to me that Rose could possibly be wrong about the DMFA universe's importance.

After all, Mab said she was young.  What's considered 'young' for Fae?  Do they go through a rebellious stage?  Fae aren't Phoenix oracles, even they can't be expected to know everything, can they?

I believe we will have to ask a phoenix oracle

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 14, 2007, 02:51:49 PM-I like to keep my post a manageable size.  Just read the original.-
:boggle

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Raist on November 14, 2007, 10:17:30 PM
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on November 14, 2007, 02:51:49 PM-I like to keep my post a manageable size.  Just read the original.-
:boggle
liez

Quote from: Raist on November 14, 2007, 10:17:30 PM
After all, Mab said she was young.  What's considered 'young' for Fae?
I believe that she also said that she hasn't even had her, hmm... what was the phrase again? 'linear friends'? *could be way off base* die yet. This of course implies that Rose is not even likely to be eighty yet. Chances are high that Mab got Rose a bit before meeting Dan/being exiled. This is of course assuming that the two were similar in time frame. I think that it's possible that Rose "grew up" (or whatever facsimile the Fae have) before Mab left, and it wasn't until she was grown that she went out into the world and made her mortal friends. In this way, she could be a few good extra hundred years older than my original thought would be led to believe.

. . . or something