11/05/07 [Abel #105] - Why.

Started by AndersW, November 04, 2007, 10:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

That one question says so much.

bill

Odds on him getting a helpful response?  :U

Naldru

I think he'll get an honest response.  I don't know if it will be helpful.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

superluser

You know, I really don't want to have to say this, but does this strip seem a little maudlin to anyone else?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

No, it seems completely justified to me...

GabrielsThoughts

I was expecting more dialog further story progression, but the art is nice.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Manawolf

Damn my slow updating internet tonight.

Now answer the damn question!

Zedd

Sure he will answer..But will it be a answer warmed welcome for?

superluser

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on November 04, 2007, 11:31:45 PMNo, it seems completely justified to me...

You don't think that an entire strip for one question (which he doesn't even get out, let alone get an answer for) is a bit excessive?

It just seems a little on the maudlin side.  It's certainly not to the level of the Telenovelas or Armageddon, but the fact that I have to specify that it isn't is not making me happy.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aleolus

It may be maudlin, but it fits the mood of the strip, she was going for dark and gloomy, seeing as she had to cancel a trip to visit family she hasn't seen in ages, and her parrot just died for no apparent reason!  She has good cause to be gloomy, and to make the comic gloomy as well!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Aleolus on November 05, 2007, 01:43:44 AM
It may be maudlin, but it fits the mood of the strip, she was going for dark and gloomy, seeing as she had to cancel a trip to visit family she hasn't seen in ages, and her parrot just died for no apparent reason!  She has good cause to be gloomy, and to make the comic gloomy as well!
:yeahthat

And it is really sad that Amber's parrot died, I feel for her. Losing pets can be tough sometimes. As people will sometimes start individual threads about some of Amber's rants, I am shocked that no one's already started a thread about this to offer condolences.

Zedd

More than ever I know how it is to loose pets..But rember this phrase Amber. "This too will pass" Its an old italian phase of course I learned very well from close friends.

And on topic to the comic...I think Abel is reacting like wittnessing a very bad nightmare..A nightmare thats just only begining

Brunhidden

i cant blame him, aniz makes no sense really. if he wanted a kid theres easyer ways, and you really cant expect to just explode into a different person and then kill your kids mother and friend then expect him to just come along cheery as can be.

heck, just the shock of realizing hes a 'monster' to whom the life of his own mother is supposedly meaningless must hit him pretty hard, then add the actual death of his mother on top.... well, that just drives home the 'your a monster' a bit more dosent it?

none of which explains why
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Well, that certainly sucks to hear about Puff.

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 05, 2007, 04:06:05 AM
heck, just the shock of realizing hes a 'monster' to whom the life of his own mother is supposedly meaningless must hit him pretty hard, then add the actual death of his mother on top.... well, that just drives home the 'your a monster' a bit more dosent it?

Yeah.  On the other hand, he's taking it a lot better than Dan did so far.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 05, 2007, 06:29:33 AM
Yeah.  On the other hand, he's taking it a lot better than Dan did so far.

Well, I would chalk that up to shock, and not really having the opportunity to angst thus far.

To Amber, I'm sorry to hear about your pet.

To Abel, I'm expecting very bad revelations.

Other than that I have nothing to contribute to the topic. Hooray! :B

~Keaton the Black Jackal

computer nerd

Maybe May is really cubi and hennya is thisn't really Dead  it was all act to get abel to go to SAIA , but they couldn't think of anyother way that would work Soo well and they were bored  :3

AndersW

Quote from: computer nerd on November 05, 2007, 09:39:55 AM
Maybe May is really cubi and hennya is thisn't really Dead  it was all act to get abel to go to SAIA , but they couldn't think of anyother way that would work Soo well and they were bored  :3

And I suppose Devin and Xander were in on it as well.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Goatmon on November 05, 2007, 10:01:20 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden on November 05, 2007, 04:06:05 AMheck, just the shock of realizing hes a 'monster' to whom the life of his own mother is supposedly meaningless must hit him pretty hard, then add the actual death of his mother on top.... well, that just drives home the 'your a monster' a bit more dosent it?

I don't believe his mom is dead just yet.  Or are you referring to Abel in the future?

I think the point is that she means absolutely nothing to Aniz and never has, apart from a convenient way to create a child for him.  By extension he'll expect his son to think the same way.

**EDIT**

Just re-read that... Brun did say that his mother has died, which isn't the case.  Unless he meant 'Hennya' I can only assume he meant at some point in the fairly near future.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Goatmon

Sorry, Tapewolf, but a certain ninja-deletion by someone seems to have rendered your post inexplicable.  How very odd. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's a little difficult to leave half a post behind.

And I don't remember being particularly ninja about it. Heck, I even left a note saying I did it. You can't get much -less- ninja than that.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Keleth

Pssssst

Stop poking the lion with your finger
Help! I'm gay!

Goatmon

Quote from: Drathorin on November 05, 2007, 11:57:39 AM
Pssssst

Stop poking the lion with your finger

Maybe it's the lack of sleep talking, but -

Just nevermind.  There's no point in wasting anymore words on this.  I'm going to bed, you all have a good one. 

Azraelle

Nothing wrong with taking a long time (a whole strip) to get one question out.  Abel's slowly coming out of shock, and finally getting up the nerve to ask Aniz a question.  After everything he just witnessed, combined with his bleeding forehead, it's sure gonna take some time to work up that kind of cohesive thought.  Didn't feel maudlin to me at all.

Alondro

*Charline narrates the next comic!*

Aniz:  Well...

(Three scenes of him rubbing his chin, looking down, getting a cup of tea...)

Continued next week!   :mowhappy
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

terrycloth

And then after that, "Well, Abel... abel... abel... abel..." and a scene change to six years later. :mowcookie

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Azraelle on November 05, 2007, 12:07:18 PM
Nothing wrong with taking a long time (a whole strip) to get one question out.  Abel's slowly coming out of shock, and finally getting up the nerve to ask Aniz a question.  After everything he just witnessed, combined with his bleeding forehead, it's sure gonna take some time to work up that kind of cohesive thought.  Didn't feel maudlin to me at all.

*Gives Az five Internets*

Because that is very right!

Alondro

*Charles bah*  Emotional connections are for losers!  Three cheers for sociopathy!   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Grrr, grrr, grrr.

Those are cheers, aren't they?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

computer nerd

Quote from: AndersW on November 05, 2007, 09:50:24 AM
Quote from: computer nerd on November 05, 2007, 09:39:55 AM

And I suppose Devin and Xander were in on it as well.
Maybe  >:3

Caswin

"...I do it all because I'm evil,
and I do it all for free -
your tears are all the pay I'll ever need...
"

That, or Fa'Lina (or someone else, doesn't really matter) asked him to and he was just like "k, sounds fun."  But I'm guessing that's the consensus about now anyway.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.