10/27/07 [Abel #104] - *KRACKA-BOOM*

Started by RobbieThe1st, October 27, 2007, 04:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Reaver225

Dramatic lighting effects! Also lightning! Freaking out Abel! "Fuck you so hard"!

Considering the tune of the last few comics in the arc, I find this one incredibly mirthful.

On the serious side of things, it looks like Falina DOES know of the newest addition to the Academy.. unless that's just random ion particles sparking off, but in the Academy? Unlikely.

Mwa

Fa'lina said that she was omniscient within the academy, so I would assume that she does know.
Also, Abel's eyes in the last panel are amusing.

Tapewolf

Well, his eyes can move at least.
Interesting that Aniz is being all friendly now, still he's an incubus and they tend to be  emotionally unstable...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

I can't help wondering if the last comment by Aniz is a threat or wishful thinking...

After all, even Pip described Fa'lina as beautiful.

However if she is a permanently beautiful succubus, why does she wear so much make up?

Aniz looks good in his new threads but still has the S.A.M hair style. 
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mwa

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 27, 2007, 04:58:30 AM
Well, his eyes can move at least.
Interesting that Aniz is being all friendly now, still he's an incubus and they tend to be  emotionally unstable...
His stance changes per panel as if he's slowly getting up. (apart from the lightning ones)
Also, now he's on his home turf, with his beloved son. Wouldn't you be friendly?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mwa on October 27, 2007, 05:18:33 AM
Also, now he's on his home turf, with his beloved son. Wouldn't you be friendly?[/color]

Beloved? Are you sure about that?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Hawk

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 27, 2007, 05:00:39 AM
I can't help wondering if the last comment by Aniz is a threat or wishful thinking...
Eh, I get the feeling that our good friend Aniz isn't exactly on the best of terms with our better friend Amelia Earhar- I mean Fa'lina.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 27, 2007, 05:27:24 AM

Don't think you can be sure, but I actually am starting to get the feeling that he cares for Abel as his son, even if he's bad at showing it.  Some people show it with love and kisses, others show it by slicing foreheads and beating mothers and kidnapping and whatnot.

Reading over this post, I realize that sleep deprivation is not a good thing for me.

Mwa

Also, now he's on his home turf, with his beloved son. Wouldn't you be friendly?[/color]

Can we truly be sure of anything in this comic?

Raskahn

Hmm we're forgetting something here...Oh yeah, *Applauds Amber for the wicked lightning effects*

Saist

I do believe that any attempts to copulate with Fa'Lina in such a manner as Aniz describes would net a painful torture session.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Are you sure she wouldn't enjoy such a thing, je.saist? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

computer nerd

Hmmm Maybe Aniz is going out with Fa'lina  :3

Kuari

You know, here's the big question coming to my mind...  if they're already at the Academy...  will Aniz be dying at some point soon....  or will he make an appearance in the main comic?.... oooo, the suspense.

Edit: Oh, and kudos to Fa'lina for ticking Aniz off

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on October 27, 2007, 06:46:19 AM
You know, here's the big question coming to my mind...  if they're already at the Academy...  will Aniz be dying at some point soon....  or will he make an appearance in the main comic?.... oooo, the suspense.

My pet theory has been that he died a few years before the mainline began.  The evidence for that really hinges on how Abel and Aniz get on now they're both in the Academy.

Brunhidden

is it just me, or did aniz suddenly develop a very slight pot belly? maybe fatherhood is creeping up on him, what with having a spat with a woman and male bonding with his loinfruit
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sid

Quote from: computer nerd on October 27, 2007, 06:10:15 AM
Hmmm Maybe Aniz is going out with Fa'lina  :3

Quoting JKR: "Oh, my god, the fan fiction." >:3
:boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on October 27, 2007, 07:37:23 AM
is it just me, or did aniz suddenly develop a very slight pot belly? maybe fatherhood is creeping up on him, what with having a spat with a woman and male bonding with his loinfruit
In the first frame?  Looks a bit like it.  Shapeshifting helps of course, but when you don't need food at all anymore, I imagine you'd have to watch your diet if you want to keep your base form lean.

rt

Eeek! Scary lightning!
Now all we need is the dramatic organ riffs  :mwaha

Tapewolf

superluser

So is Fa'Lina here, or is she just sending her lightning as a vanguard?

Given what we know about the future, I suspect that this the chickens are coming home to roost.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Brunhidden

the pink poodle is doubtless lurking somewhere building up drama and stuffing her face :doommuffin

remember cubi=drama, cubi=long theatrical exposition, cubi=camera hog,   all the attention has to be on the cubi :disco
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  Abel's introduction to the SAIA:  mother abused, best friend sliced and diced, father suddenly a cubi who reveals he killed the original, warped with no explanation to a strange place with ominous foreboding...

And now we know why he's emotionally mal-adjusted.

Ya see, this is why Hogwarts decided to go with the letters.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Could it be that the shirt had a magic spell on it that made him appear slimmer.  And that's why he really loved that shirt?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Snap

Well, Falinas lucky that Pip is not around.

From page 58 onward its pretty much been a nonstopping :cry :mowdizzy :mowsad ride for Abel and me as as the reader (thanks to character empathy :hug). Sure it was successful in carving deep scars in Abels mind, but i for one can enjoy watching childhood traumas only for so long.

With corpses,blood and traumas on the left and relationship problems and curses and evil faes on the right i kinda miss the old lighthearted absurd stuff. I guess since im not a big fan of baseless speculation, mainly story-driven arcs just arent my cup of tea. They include too much of that "sense making" thingy.

Ted Schiller

Aniz was mad because Fa'lina tried to scare his son with a practical joke.   The eight ball says, "Yes."

With regards,
Ted

AndersW

Quote from: Alondro on October 27, 2007, 09:29:40 AM
*Charline hmms*  Abel's introduction to the SAIA:  mother abused, best friend sliced and diced, father suddenly a cubi who reveals he killed the original, warped with no explanation to a strange place with ominous foreboding...

And now we know why he's emotionally mal-adjusted.

Ya see, this is why Hogwarts decided to go with the letters.   :3

Your post is full of win.

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 27, 2007, 06:53:28 AM
Quote from: Kuari on October 27, 2007, 06:46:19 AM

My pet theory has been that he died a few years before the mainline began.  The evidence for that really hinges on how Abel and Aniz get on now they're both in the Academy.

I think it was Edward that killed him.  It would explain why Abel seems to owe him for something.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on October 27, 2007, 10:07:44 AM
I think it was Edward that killed him.  It would explain why Abel seems to owe him for something.
Yep, that's the one.  That particular variant only works if Abel still despises him about 350 years later, though there are other versions where they've made their peace and Edward saved him.

Ted Schiller

The odd thing is, I do not think the lighting and thunder scared Abel.  Surprised him, yes.  Of all the things that happened to Abel this day, the lighting and thunder, which were outside, were the most normal.  Compare Abel's mouth in the second picture and the last.  In the second picture, scared.  In the last, he is just pensive.

With regards,
Ted

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 27, 2007, 07:39:45 AM
is it just me, or did aniz suddenly develop a very slight pot belly?
In the first frame?  Looks a bit like it.
Could be. Or it could just be a combination of the way he's standing, leaning slightly back, and the bulky jacket.

I wonder, though, what did Fa'lina mean with the flash of lightning? Just a spot of dramatic necessity? An "I'm watching" message to Aniz? Both?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.