10/24/07 [DMFA #835] - Blackmail

Started by Jack McSlay, October 23, 2007, 09:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Wanderer on October 24, 2007, 06:16:54 AM
What if she refuses to give the souls to anyone? Lets them STAY dead? What happens if there are fewer Fae in existence then there are supposed to be?
That would be seriously cool.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Magic

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 24, 2007, 06:25:27 AM
What if she refuses to give the souls to anyone? Lets them STAY dead? What happens if there are fewer Fae in existence then there are supposed to be?
That would be seriously cool.

There's bound to be a law against it. Fae society may be whimsical, but I doubt they're foolhardy.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ink on October 24, 2007, 08:17:54 AM
There's bound to be a law against it. Fae society may be whimsical, but I doubt they're foolhardy.
How would they enforce such a law, given that Fae are nearly all-powerful?

VioletDusk

Yes, why are all the equines evil?? This comic is speciest!  :cry

Hehe, just kidding. I think Mab's choice though got a whole lot harder. You see, if I were in Mab's paws, I would have considered giving the soul to Nutmeg. Nutmeg might not be the sharpest tool in the shed (inspite of being regularly impaled with them), but she seems very kind and patient. In other words, excellent mommy material. However, her handsome* devil of husband seems to be nasty, mean-spirited bully**. Which leads me to wonder what drew those two together in the first place, but I digress...

QuoteHow would they enforce such a law, given that Fae are nearly all-powerful?
Come to think of it, how do they enforce any laws?

*Yes, he is, and I'm not just saying that because he's a horse. Oh wait, yes I am. Ponyboys FTW! ^.^ Still I'm starting to think I'm the only one who feels that Aniz is just kind of plain, and definately outcuted by just about ever other male cast member.

**Which is probably what would happen to most of us given that kind of power.

Tapewolf

Ooh, here's another good one - how about she gives it to the Dark God?

Timothy

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 24, 2007, 08:25:33 AM
Ooh, here's another good one - how about she gives it to the Dark God?
How about she keeps them for ... *gasp* ... Little Mabs!!  :mowhappy
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 24, 2007, 08:22:00 AM
Quote from: Ink on October 24, 2007, 08:17:54 AM

If I understand it, it has to do with the laws of physics or magic ...or "Nutmeg" seem to apply that:   If there are few or more Fae, the magical energies would become unbalanced in someway....Comic 785

• (1) Like If there are too few...one or more Fae would become too powerful,  overpower than the others, or they would all go mad or something.  Well more crazy

• (2) Too many Fae  and they all would become weaker in magic energies and would not be the ALL POWERFUL FAE, any more.

Or maybe it is some crazy law of a Fae Queen or King made up.... like".. No one must have a fluffier tail than the Queen.."
BUT THese are JUST A GUESSES....

Now, I have to think about a guest-comic entry... But how to get it to Amber or Mike?
 Say,  whatever happen to the comics or pictures, we send to Darkmoon, last time you were stuck in the US and away from your computer Amber.?

terrycloth

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 24, 2007, 08:22:00 AM

They'd shun her or something. Or use extortion? :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: terrycloth on October 24, 2007, 01:57:37 PM
They'd shun her or something. Or use extortion? :B

She's already effectively exiled...

Amber Williams

There's a quasi time-limit on the souls from when a Fae passes on to when a new Fae is born.  During that time-limit, the child has the ability to direct where they go...but if they exceed the time limit, they will go at random.  Some Fae even prefer to let that happen as it's more of a surprise...that and they hate paperwork.

Also this happens in the case that the Fae that passes on had no children.

Stygian

Um, Amber... I don't want to hate sound repetitive, so I'm just hate going to hate leave this hate hate discussion hate alone? I'll hate just sneak in this hate post to tell hate, seeing as hate I think hate hate hate that people hate can already hate guess my hate opinion hate hate on the hate matter hate hate hate hate hate hate...

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 24, 2007, 02:18:07 PM
There's a quasi time-limit on the souls from when a Fae passes on to when a new Fae is born.  During that time-limit, the child has the ability to direct where they go...but if they exceed the time limit, they will go at random.  Some Fae even prefer to let that happen as it's more of a surprise...that and they hate paperwork.

Oh, you sucked the fun out of it! Bad Amber!

But thanks for giving us this little bit of info. You did just give us this right? You never said it anywhere else?

Amber Williams

This would be the first time it's been mentioned AnizinDisguise.  Probably because this is the first time the question has cropped up.  A good thing to remember is the Fae are freaking insanely old.  If there had been any potential loopholes or hangups, odds are they would have been found and exploited waaay beforehand. 

There really isn't a way to "cheat the system" when it comes to certain aspects of the Fae.  Which is probably why they spend so much time mucking it up in other places.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Aa, I figured that it would probably be an issue of a timed reset. It's kind of like
Fae1:*walking along, walking along*
BAM!!!
Fae2: Oh look dear... :) You're with child :)

And then of course their is children of her own... but wouldn't she need the genetics of a spouse/life partner in any way? And on top of thought, I suppose it could be kind of weird to have your mother as your child...
What about gender though... where does that fit in? Is each soul a set specific?

And I suppose if Mab is old, that means that her parents were quite old themselves. Like... super old. Especially if she was Queen for approximately 1000 years, over one thousand years ago.
and she didn't change her clothes since then.

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 24, 2007, 03:55:44 PM
A good thing to remember is the Fae are freaking insanely old.

So cool, and yet... so sad.

Time travel stories always affect me because of implications such as these.
Also, does this place Rose as just short of 100, or did she only recently get out to the mortal world?

Kuari

How does Nutmeg put up with Albanion?  Sheesh...  what, did he stalk her and refuse to leave her along until she married him?

Amber Williams

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on October 24, 2007, 03:58:10 PM
And then of course their is children of her own... but wouldn't she need the genetics of a spouse/life partner in any way? And on top of thought, I suppose it could be kind of weird to have your mother as your child...
What about gender though... where does that fit in? Is each soul a set specific?

Considering the means in which Fae have children, one doesn't necessarily need a partner or even a particular gender for that matter.  There have been many times when there was only one parent.  Or the one parent is considered male.  The way it works tends to involve more *poof* "Theres a bebe" than any actual pregnancy.   Most Fae do like to have children as a couple though, they find it delightful.

QuoteTime travel stories always affect me because of implications such as these.
Also, does this place Rose as just short of 100, or did she only recently get out to the mortal world?

Rose is just short of 600.  And she's only recently started hanging around in mortal worlds.  There is quite a bit to do in the Fae world after all.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 24, 2007, 06:35:04 PM
The way it works tends to involve more *poof* "Theres a bebe" than any actual pregnancy.

This made me laugh.  :) 

*Thinks for a moment*

:U Wait, Jyrass's "illegitment" kids worked that way! They must have been faes!

<.<
>.>

What? I'm insane, and possibly stupid.

Also, Rose took more than 500 years to get bored of being able to do anything she felt like doing? I think I'd easily get bored by that time, even if I had to lead a normal, unpredictable life in which I just couldn't die. In fact, that reminds me of something in a manga I just read called Immortal Rain. Let me see if I can find a picture of what I'm thinking about.....

*Sets off to search the internets*

Kenji

I find the best part of this comic is I misread the quote "Not to be confused with hummus; a tasty chickpea dish." as "Not to be confused with humans; a tasty chickpea dish."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kuari on October 24, 2007, 05:15:21 PM
How does Nutmeg put up with Albanion?  Sheesh...  what, did he stalk her and refuse to leave her along until she married him?
Silver bangles, probably.

Goatmon

Quote from: Kenji on October 24, 2007, 07:43:12 PM
I find the best part of this comic is I misread the quote "Not to be confused with hummus; a tasty chickpea dish." as "Not to be confused with humans; a tasty chickpea dish."

They're also quite good with fava beans and a nice Chianti.   :T

superluser

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on October 24, 2007, 03:58:10 PMand she didn't change her clothes since then.

Fae do not have sweat glands.

:shifty Maybe.  (Like I'd know.)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Naldru

Mab probably cleans her clothes the same way she acquires birthday presents.  Or else she has a matter duplicater machine and she just pops out a fresh set each day.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Wanderer

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 24, 2007, 02:18:07 PM

Aww... take all the fun out of my thoughts about disrupting the fabric of reality...

...You know, for a forum with so many emoticons, it's rather remarkable that I can't find one suitable for using at the end of that previous sentence...

QuoteRose is just short of 600.  And she's only recently started hanging around in mortal worlds.  There is quite a bit to do in the Fae world after all.
Aww... she's just a baby! :D

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: Goatmon on October 24, 2007, 08:02:26 PM
Quote from: Kenji on October 24, 2007, 07:43:12 PM

They're also quite good with fava beans and a nice Chianti.   :T

I find them delectable when dipped in chocolate or caramel myself. Oh, and the souls are delectable. Not as good as a cubi soul, but they're good.

Gah now I want a soul.  :eager :cvsoul

Alondro

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on October 24, 2007, 11:32:14 PM

I find them delectable when dipped in chocolate or caramel myself. Oh, and the souls are delectable. Not as good as a cubi soul, but they're good.

Gah now I want a soul.  :eager :cvsoul

*Charline eats tasty souls in front of AID* Mmmm... so nummy!  Too bad YOU don't have any!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kuari

Excuse me, but has anyone seen my slime souls?  I swore I left a bag of them around somewhere...

*points at Alondro *

wait, is that them that you're eating right now?

patchwork cat

Quote from: Aleolus on October 23, 2007, 10:28:08 PM
Hmmm, is anyone else thinking that this might backfire on Albanion, making Mab want to not give the other soul to the two of them even more that she probably wouldn't because of her grudge against Nutmeg?

Or possibly that Albanion put those bangles on Jy specifically so that he had a way to blackmail Mab to get the kid that Nutmeg is wanting so badly?

Yes :)

Alondro

Quote from: Kuari on October 25, 2007, 01:13:23 AM
Excuse me, but has anyone seen my slime souls?  I swore I left a bag of them around somewhere...

*points at Alondro *

wait, is that them that you're eating right now?

*Charline noms*  Slimy, yet satisfying!   :lol
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

DarkAudit

For someone who's supposed to be afraid of Mab, Albanion is being quite the prick.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

multani82

Quote from: DarkAudit on October 25, 2007, 10:14:57 AM
For someone who's supposed to be afraid of Mab, Albanion is being quite the prick.
I agree. I'm kinda at the point to where if I was mab now, I'd haul off and smack em with a rusty crowbar to the face several times just to show him how I feel at this point.