10/24/07 [DMFA #835] - Blackmail

Started by Jack McSlay, October 23, 2007, 09:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

I'm sensing that every equine on DMFA have evil...
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zedd

Nah..Its just yous. Evil just a word these days ya know?

Manawolf

A word that most deny simply because it describes them so well.

And opinions will matter when that world finds out how to create anti-magic rippers.

Faerie Alex

Humble...hummus...humorous

Let's all laugh at Albanion. :)
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Fragmaster01

Albanion: Bipolar overprotective husband, or evil manipulator of plotlines?

AnizInDisguise

Suddenly I don't like Albanion. He brags about the bad things he's done, and isn't hot like Aniz.

Alondro

*Charles ponders a grammatical error!*  Shouldn't it be 'one of those souls IS going to be mine', since 'one' is the quantity of the final subject noun?  ie.  'one is' vs 'both are'.

*Charline mutilates Charles for nitpicking*  Hee-hee.  Albanion shows his secret evil!  See?  Fae are no better than Cubi when it comes to Beings.  At least we don't pretend to be benevolent.  Beings know where they stand with us!  On the dinner table, that is.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Fragmaster01

*Fraggy demands to one-up Charles* As for his last sentence, shouldn't it be "Humility simply means one thinks there is something out there THAT has an opinion that matters."?

Aleolus

Hmmm, is anyone else thinking that this might backfire on Albanion, making Mab want to not give the other soul to the two of them even more that she probably wouldn't because of her grudge against Nutmeg?

Or possibly that Albanion put those bangles on Jy specifically so that he had a way to blackmail Mab to get the kid that Nutmeg is wanting so badly?

Wanderer

Can someone translate Albanion's final line for me? It's totally not parsing whenever I try to read it

Alondro

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on October 23, 2007, 10:20:04 PM
*Fraggy demands to one-up Charles* As for his last sentence, shouldn't it be "Humility simply means one thinks there is something out there THAT has an opinion that matters."?

*Charline goes stabbity stabbity*  Nothing personal, just business.   :kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Aleolus on October 23, 2007, 10:28:08 PM
Hmmm, is anyone else thinking that this might backfire on Albanion, making Mab want to not give the other soul to the two of them even more that she probably wouldn't because of her grudge against Nutmeg?

Or possibly that Albanion put those bangles on Jy specifically so that he had a way to blackmail Mab to get the kid that Nutmeg is wanting so badly?

Mab may know better than Alb, and it's worth note that Mab still has the upper hand... she can always give the soul to someone else, but once Alb has it he could just curse Jy again.

But yes... Screw the fae over! PLEASE screw him over!

Madmann135

Blackmail only works when the one your trying to blackmail is not more violent and just as powerful as you.

Mab is a sweet kind of girl but if you cross her... I can offer you hiding spots in hell.  I'm sure Mab won't go that far to get you.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

techmaster-glitch

So THAT'S what the marks were for! Cunning little S-O-B...

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 23, 2007, 10:51:17 PM
Mab is a sweet kind of girl but if you cross her... I can offer you hiding spots in hell.  I'm sure Mab won't go that far to get you.
Really? I'm not so sure about that...

Fragmaster01

Quote from: Alondro on October 23, 2007, 10:39:51 PM

Aww... you're so mean to Fraggy...  :cry

Kenji

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 23, 2007, 09:35:38 PM
I'm sensing that every equine on DMFA have evil...

You say that as if its a bad thing.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Alondro on October 23, 2007, 10:39:51 PM
Quote from: Fragmaster01 on October 23, 2007, 10:20:04 PM

In Albanion's case, I'll make an exception.

Now where's my wood chipper?  :mwaha
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

GabrielsThoughts

Albion: give me that soul or I satart painting the walls with your contemporary's blood Biyotch.

off topic: Again I don't thing the soul is separate from the body, you are a living soul therefore you cannot be separate from your body... but Amber insists on the whole soul nonsense so whatever.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Naldru

If Nutmeg doesn't know what's going on, I can think of some interesting ways in which the information could be presented against Albanion  in an incontrovertible manner to Nutmeg.  The classic approach would be to have Nutmeg disguised as Jyrras or Mab.  (Or maybe Nutmeg disguised as Jyrras and Mab disguised as Nutmeg.)  Let's have Albanion hoist on his own petard in the original manner.  (The word "hoist" meant blown up and a petard was an ancient hand grenade with a very unreliable fuze.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

superluser

No!  Where did Mab's suit go?   :<

I do have a sneaking suspicion that Jyrras won't let Mab give her Mom's soul to Albanion after this, though.

If you don't like grammatical discussions, do not read on.

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on October 23, 2007, 10:20:04 PM*Fraggy demands to one-up Charles* As for his last sentence, shouldn't it be "Humility simply means one thinks there is something out there THAT has an opinion that matters."?

*Beats Fragmaster01 down with a copy of Strunk & White* OMIT NEEDLESS WORDS!  That means the proper way to correct that sentence is to omit ``there is.''

Sorry.  Carry on.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

DarkAudit

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 23, 2007, 11:29:53 PM
Albion: give me that soul or I satart painting the walls with your contemporary's blood Biyotch.

Mab: Hit hit hit stab stab kaboom.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Reese Tora

Quote from: AnizInDisguise on October 23, 2007, 10:01:15 PM
Suddenly I don't like Albanion. He brags about the bad things he's done, and isn't hot like Aniz.

It's not bragging, it's extortion.

And, no, it's not blackmail either! blackmail means extortion via threatening to reveal private information.  This is extortion via saying "Do what I say or bad things happen, capisce?"  Though Albanion is only hinting at it at this point, I'm sure he's going to come right out and say it if Mab defies him. :mwaha

Blackmail would be if Alby suggested he'd reveal Jyrras's secret lab and experiments to the creature council. >:3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Regal

Quote from: Wanderer on October 23, 2007, 10:30:24 PM
Can someone translate Albanion's final line for me? It's totally not parsing whenever I try to read it

He doesn't give a  :censored what anyone else thinks, so he has no reason to be humble or even pretend to be humble.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Oh but I find this entertaining, especially the wide variety of expressions (*jealous*) and Albanion, who is really apparently actually a jerk.

Quote from: Reese Tora on October 24, 2007, 12:13:54 AM
Blackmail would be if Alby suggested he'd reveal Jyrras's secret lab and experiments to the creature council. >:3

A little late perhaps for that m'dear.

Mwa

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on October 24, 2007, 12:57:31 AM
Oh but I find this entertaining, especially the wide variety of expressions (*jealous*) and Albanion, who is really apparently actually a jerk.

Quote from: Reese Tora on October 24, 2007, 12:13:54 AM

A little late perhaps for that m'dear.
They know he has a lab and some experiments, but don't actually know what all of them are, no?
And I'm sure they don't know about his chocolate factory.  :U

Psaakyrn

What I don't really understand is how this Albanion can be the same Albanion on the being/creature council. The council Albanion seems more... patient and composed than this one. Also, considering this Albanion apparently caused a restraining order placed on an entire race, it's just seems... jarring how the same Albanion can be the spokesperson for peace.

I guess though, that fae are immensely complex creatures psychologically. Anything which are essentially immortal and semi-omnipotent eventually turn out like that. (with a little bit of insane sadist added in)

[EDIT] I'd think Mab already knows about the bracelets and everything, which is the reason why she set Rose to watch over Jyrras. This whole thing will probably end up like a giant chess game of sorts. I'm also willing to hazard a guess that dispite what it seems, the bracelets are still mainly not for the blackmail. [EDIT]
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Regal

Even he didn't know about his chocolate factory.  :mowcookie

Tapewolf

Interesting.  I really thought he would try to hide that until after he'd got the soul.
It should be interesting to see how she reacts... She already has a problem with Nutmeg and now Albanion is literally asking for trouble.  She's never going to be in this position again, so it might be as well to refuse remembering that from the Fae perspective, Jyrras is going to be dead soon anyway.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Mab could add a little entrance fee to the auction for the soul.  In order to participate in the auction, you have to deal with Albanion first.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Wanderer

What if she refuses to give the souls to anyone? Lets them STAY dead? What happens if there are fewer Fae in existence then there are supposed to be? Mab could undermine the fabric of reality of Albanion pisses her off too much.