09/28/07 [Abel #100] - 100!

Started by Hellcat, September 29, 2007, 02:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellcat

:cry Abel

Zedd

Nothing like a head smashing to start the day..  ;)

Naldru

Considering all he's been going through, Abel might find unconsciousness a relief right about now. 
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Azraelle

I just couldn't help but notice the very subtle but effective expression that Aniz has in the last panel.  Great artistry.

And 100 Abel strips!  Woot!

superluser

Why was this not plan A?

Or perhaps ether?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Fex

if this is plan B then I don't want to see plan C ... or do I :mwaha

Psaakyrn

So he doesn't view Abel as a son either, but as an object as well.

But why render Abel unconsious and not May? I'm guessing he really doesn't have teleportation means available and have to transport him manually.

Also, he needs a better way of rendering people unconsious. A fracture seems a little overboard.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Arcalane

All I have to say to Aniz is; "You're wondering if it's worth it? At least you didn't have to fight your way past several large angry men with large blunt instruments and projectile weaponry just to get to him. Never mind getting him out of there."

Turnsky

at least we know where abel gets his sucker-punching habit from  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 29, 2007, 03:40:58 AM
That's got to be specific to him.  Fa'Lina likes children, Destania seems to like children now she's had one of her own (Alexsi isn't hers).  Yet somehow Aniz despises his own son.
It starts to make me wonder why he bothered to break his disguise at all.  After all, Abel's living in a Creature city.

And I'm still wondering about the wings.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jack McSlay

he punched abel with the wounded arm? he's got guts
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Reaver225

I've seen that CRACK style before... :januscat

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 29, 2007, 05:45:18 AM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 29, 2007, 03:40:58 AM
That's got to be specific to him.  Fa'Lina likes children, Destania seems to like children now she's had one of her own (Alexsi isn't hers).  Yet somehow Aniz despises his own son.
It starts to make me wonder why he bothered to break his disguise at all.  After all, Abel's living in a Creature city.

And I'm still wondering about the wings.

heck, Abel might not be Aniz's Son, but somebody else within the same clan.. prolly.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Raskahn

Quote from: Turnsky on September 29, 2007, 04:57:55 AM
at least we know where Abel gets his sucker-punching habit from  :P

Nothing beats a good suckerpunch from time to time.
I wonder how he's planning on dragging Abel out of the house. what would the neighbors say when they see a stranger wearing Sid's clothes and dragging a bloody, unconscious Abel out the door.

Hellcat

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on September 29, 2007, 06:40:10 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on September 29, 2007, 04:57:55 AM
at least we know where Abel gets his sucker-punching habit from  :P

Nothing beats a good suckerpunch from time to time.
I wonder how he's planning on dragging Abel out of the house. what would the neighbors say when they see a stranger wearing Sid's clothes and dragging a bloody, unconscious Abel out the door.

Probably "Hey who is that stranger wearing Cid's clothes and dragging Abel bloody and unconscious out the door?" it is a demon city after all

Kragoth

After reading through the comic from the point that Aniz made his appearance, I have to wonder: isn't Aniz due for some major head checking? His behaviour is not only unpredictable, but it borders on the psychotic. And... we still don't know what his plan is!

ARGH! Amber, you fiendish mistress of plottwisting! Whatever will you have in store for us?

We can be sure of one thing: it will be both totally surprising AND totally logical! And we'll beat ourselves over the head because we didn't see it coming!

Poor us...

Tycoon

How was Abel capable of making those broken words? Wouldn't he be retching his guts out due to seeing Hennya being sliced up?

Anyways, great comic! Congrats to Amber for reaching #100!

Anri

So far it seems as if new 'cubi about to be dragged off for the first time have a rite of passage.. getting clocked first.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tikki on September 29, 2007, 07:32:20 AM
So far it seems as if new 'cubi about to be dragged off for the first time have a rite of passage.. getting clocked first.

Not all 'Cubi are dragged off... only the ones who think they're Beings and then get enrolled to SAIA by someone else behind their back.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhiteFire

The obvious next strip is him waking up at SAIA. Being that Amber has a way of not doing what we expect, no doubt he will wake up on Planet 10. :P

Madmann135

Puts on a military hat, and pulls out a dry erase board with a bunch of X's, O's and lines on it, Talks like a movie general, "Alright kiddies."  Explains an elaborate and complex plan that kills Aniz and has me impersonating Cid.
Is impersonating Cid as he walks through the door, "May I'm home..."  Looks at Able, knowing what had happened, goes and hugs May and Able, "Lets not worry about it for now, Able looks like he nearly had a heart attack, May you look like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.  I'll get us something to drink and we will talk about this later when everyone's calmed down a little."
(Yes I got bored and this came to my twisted brain.)

I really don't like Aniz.  Not only is he a *** but he's a class A jerk (Able is along the lines of a class D jerk).  Why must Able's childhood be so traumatic, Dan's childhood was full with evil ferrets, Mab, sister with hammers, a demon/succubus mom, Dad throwing people out of the inn and all that normal stuff.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Azraelle

I hope you watch where you're stepping when you make that little appearance.  It would really throw your act off if you slipped in Hennya entrails.

Madmann135

Quote from: Azraelle on September 29, 2007, 08:18:24 AM
I hope you watch where you're stepping when you make that little appearance.  It would really throw your act off if you slipped in Hennya entrails.

Actually I should have mention that skit as suppose to happen before Aniz made dramatic debut so Hennya would still be OK.

I like Hennya, she's keen.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Sid

As much as I dislike the way Abel's story is going (too much death of characters I like), panel one might just be the greatest Abel panel I've seen in a long time.
:boogie

Caswin

Quote from: Sid on September 29, 2007, 09:51:30 AM
As much as I dislike the way Abel's story is going (too much death of characters I like), panel one might just be the greatest Abel panel I've seen in a long time.
*Looks*

Nutmeg?  :erk
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

rabid_fox

Aniz is such a legend.

Oh dear.

Naldru

I have a feeling that Aniz may have described Plan A here.  Provoke a scene that will cause Henna to run off and get help which will then arrive and chase Aniz off without taking Abel.  Abel and May would then be left in the village without being seriously hurt, and Aniz would have a good reason for not taking Abel to Fa'lina.  Perhaps the law that he was trying to think of was the law that requires cubi to bring their cubi offspring to SAIA except in unusual cases.

Just want to hear the response from the other forum members.  You may fire when ready.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

TheDXM

AndersW

Quote from: Naldru on September 29, 2007, 11:03:56 AM
I have a feeling that Aniz may have described Plan A here.  Provoke a scene that will cause Henna to run off and get help which will then arrive and chase Aniz off without taking Abel.  Abel and May would then be left in the village without being seriously hurt, and Aniz would have a good reason for not taking Abel to Fa'lina.  Perhaps the law that he was trying to think of was the law that requires cubi to bring their cubi offspring to SAIA except in unusual cases.

Just want to hear the response from the other forum members.  You may fire when ready.

Amber has said that Cubi don't get dragged to SAIA against their will, and that what happened to Dan was a special case.  So their wouldn't be a law about bringing your children to SAIA.

chaotik

and the argument for 'cubi genocide just keeps gaining weight...........