09/10/07 [#817] Nasty weather

Started by AndersW, September 09, 2007, 10:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

who is speaking in the last panel?  the speech bubble is pointing at Lorenda, but Jyrras has his mouth open.

Zedd

Its Jy...Relax..Sides I know its kinda random

nikename2

Or Jy now has the ability to shoot his voice from the curse he recieved.  >:3

techmaster-glitch

xHaZxMaTx

Netrogo

Why is it every single panel can start one of those questions. Amber is damn good at facial expressions, and in comics it's common knowledge that a characters mouth doesn't have to be drawn open to show them talking.

Amber has the speach bubble pointing at Lorenda and Jyrass is clearly making a 'GAH!!!' face. So Lorenda is the one asking the question.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

pseudocompulsion

Excuse me if this has been noted before, but the Fae kingdom seriously reminds me of Wackyland, only less Dalíesque. I'm keeping my eyes open for a dodo or two.

And I am forever in awe of Amber's characters' expressions.

Kenji

What the heck is that thing in the last panel? o_O It looks like a fae, but the back of a fae.. yet that would mean the wings are on the front... o_O

Rithm Alfortele

Quote from: Kenji on September 09, 2007, 10:35:11 PM
What the heck is that thing in the last panel? o_O It looks like a fae, but the back of a fae.. yet that would mean the wings are on the front... o_O

Nah, the wings to seem to be coming from the side that the reader is seeing.

superluser

Is this the harrowing experience that drives the two characters who initially hate each other so that they fall wildly and passionately in love?

I see Jyrras hasn't gotten his glasses back yet.

So...white mist rather than black mist or killer fog?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

xHaZxMaTx

Who's to say it's not sleet?  Or hail? ;)

Kenji

Quote from: Zachski on September 09, 2007, 10:38:48 PM

Not really, since the wings seem to be going behind what I guess is the "neck".

pseudocompulsion

Quote from: Kenji on September 09, 2007, 10:59:31 PM

It looks like the wing on our left is coming out of a shoulder blade. The Fae's hair seems to be covering the base of the right one.

But, hey, that's just what I see. "Reality is the original Rorschach." I guess that applies to webcomics, too.  ;)

Kenji

Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 09, 2007, 11:05:05 PM
Quote from: Kenji on September 09, 2007, 10:59:31 PM

It looks like the wing on our left is coming out of a shoulder blade. The Fae's hair seems to be covering the base of the right one.

But, hey, that's just what I see. "Reality is the original Rorschach." I guess that applies to webcomics, too.  ;)

Ok, I see what you're seeing now. Eh.. still looks odd to me.

xHaZxMaTx

Oh!  I see it now.  See, I thought the back was actually the neck.  That can be attributed to the outline of the wings.  Though the enormous hat doesn't help, either.

techmaster-glitch

It does look wierd at first, but it's really her back...she just has long hair.

Kenji

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 09, 2007, 11:08:31 PM
Oh!  I see it now.  See, I thought the back was actually the neck.  That can be attributed to the outline of the wings.  Though the enormous hat doesn't help, either.

Nothing wrong with an enormous festive hat.

Madmann135

I actually saw it change from a sunny day to rain, then sleet then snow in the course of 10 minutes, I was in a car when it happened waiting for someone. 

Which begs the question... Is the fae realm in Chicago?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 09, 2007, 11:18:10 PM
I actually saw it change from a sunny day to rain, then sleet then snow in the course of 10 minutes, I was in a car when it happened waiting for someone. 

Happens all the time in Colorado.

The city with 300 sunny days a year also has 300 cloudy days a year.

pseudocompulsion

Quote from: Kenji on September 09, 2007, 11:11:04 PM

It's somewhere in the Midwest, at least.  Here in Michigan I've seen it rain on a sunny day. Seriously. Not makin' it up.

EDIT: As an aside, according to a Linguistics professor of mine who has taken a casual personal interest in the subject (at least enough to note it wherever and whenever she hears it), everyone makes that "*insert town/state/country* — if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes" joke about their place of origin. And I'd thought it was just a Michigan thing...

Pagan

That's some crazy weather. In a crazy world. With crazy people. So... to answer your question Lorenda, "Yeah, pretty much."
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Naldru

That's not uncommon when a front moves over.  The warm air is in front of the front, and the cold air is behind the front.  The sleet forms because the particles move back and forth between the cold air and the warm air.  Just be glad you were in a car.  I was once caught in some fairly heavy hail, but fortunately I knew where there was a nearby building with a protective overhang.  I've heard of the hail being heavy enough to damage cars.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Caswin

Quote from: AndersW on September 09, 2007, 10:05:21 PM
who is speaking in the last panel?  the speech bubble is pointing at Lorenda, but Jyrras has his mouth open.
Quote from: Netrogo on September 09, 2007, 10:24:58 PMAmber has the speach bubble pointing at Lorenda and Jyrass is clearly making a 'GAH!!!' face. So Lorenda is the one asking the question.
Ladies and gentlemen, please - I can't believe I'm saying this - you're thinking too logically here.

This is the Fae realm.

This is madness.

This is reminiscent of a scene from near the beginning of Brave New World where the narrative inexplicably switches speakers in the middle of a dialog just to emphasize the world's insanity.

And this is most definitely not Sparta.  Unless maybe Jyrras thinks it is.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Caswin on September 09, 2007, 11:32:37 PM
This is madness.

And this is most definitely not Sparta.

You're no fun. :<

Alondro

*Charles hmms and nerdiates*  Say, that's kinda like the Genesis planet from Star Trek III, tropical right next to snowing.  And they used protomatter in the Genesis matrix... protomatter, an unstable substance no sane scientist would have used... a substance with very unpredictable and explosive results (in one version of Star Trek VI, the explosion on Praxis was due to the Klingons trying to replicate the Genesis device!).

*sudden enlightenment!*  Protomatter IS MAGIC!!!   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

When I was being logical, I was discussing weather on Earth.  It is quite obvious that any explanation of weather on earth can't possibly apply to the Fae realm.  All meterological models are based on consistent and uniform gravity.  Uniformity of gravity doesn't appear to mean anything in the Fae realm.

The only logical conclusion about the Fae realm is that nothing is logical.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Sienna Maiu - M T

heh. random snow... awesome.

Well you're just biased. :P
That's why you need me to help enforce it. ;P
RJ can't help you either...

Quote from: Alondro on September 09, 2007, 11:39:06 PM
*sudden enlightenment!*  Protomatter IS MAGIC!!!   :U
You're just now figuring this out?

Kenji

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 10, 2007, 12:06:02 AM
Well you're just biased. :P
That's why you need me to help enforce it. ;P
RJ can't help you either...

But.. but...  :cry

Regal

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way!

And Jy, the answer is yes.