9-5-2007 - [815] - Super Mab!

Started by Grenn, September 05, 2007, 04:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grenn

Well... what color should her costume be?

The "M" is so perfect. :)

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

superluser

``...and stuff'' is probably not the best phrase to use when apologizing to people.

(I'm in one of my moods, so this is probably all you'll hear from me about this strip.)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

One of the things Peter F Hamilton was very good at doing with the Night's Dawn trilogy was following the exploits of a particular character (and he had LOTS of characters in that series).

Then, when something incredible or emotionally-engaging (or all too often, incredibly emotionally-engaging) happens he switches to another character, at which point you're thinking "No!  I wanna know what happens next with Joshua, I don't care about Dr. Mzu...".  Then a few chapters later, he suddenly switches back again, and you're thinking "No!  I wanna know what happens next with Mzu, I don't care about Josh- no, wait, yes I do!"

That's not something I'd come across before - not to that degree, anyway.  Amber seems to be giving him a run for his money though :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

King Of Hearts

All those years in the swimming team... and I never suspected that they were training us to be super heroes...

Kasarn

Comic needs more WHOOSH! and speed lines.

Janus Whitefurr

Paging Prince Philionel, paging Prince Philionel, your daughter has been giving cross-universe lessons on the application of justice...
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Manawolf

How about...you know...asking him where the bad fae touched you, and stuff?

Seth C Triggs

I guess Jyrras took on the role of the nice-and-trusty phone booth!

I think Jy-jy would be a totally cute sidekick though. Yup eyup! Mab can use a "straight man" to bounce her superheroine-y quips off of!

It's in your blood, Jy-jy! Follow your instincts, my friend!

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Turnsky

Quote from: Seth C Triggs on September 05, 2007, 05:35:48 AM

I think Jy-jy would be a totally cute sidekick though. Yup eyup! Mab can use a "straight man" to bounce her superheroine-y quips off of!

-Seth

Jy's her ever faithful butler!

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kaerou

I dont know why.. but this comic really made me smile.

Thank you Mab ^_^

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

sanasawa

lol at the forced boob-encounter in frame 3...no wonder jyrras got a good look at that M  :giggle

Saist

when I hit the link to load the comic up, I had a Gaim window and a Quicktime window over the browser window, so the top of the comic was obscured.

Thus, I saw the bottom part of the comic first... and wondered why in the world Mab was flying off naked!!!

Tapewolf

Quote from: je.saist on September 05, 2007, 07:48:24 AM
when I hit the link to load the comic up, I had a Gaim window and a Quicktime window over the browser window, so the top of the comic was obscured.
Thus, I saw the bottom part of the comic first... and wondered why in the world Mab was flying off naked!!!

So did I.  even so, I'm still not going to look at that strip until I get home from work...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

*Charline grins*  And she's just left Jyrras alone and vulnerable for the culprit to molesternate again if he should be waiting in the all-concealing shadows!  Or... for a NEW villain to arrive!  *creeps toward the roorat with "Jaws" music playing*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Madmann135

Mad:  "I do agree with Jyrras on this one, though a single color leotard costume for Mab is really not her MO.  I was expecting something a little more stylish and she doesn't have the superhero mask on."

Jade:  "That's true.  She's not wearing a mask, now all those she vanquishes and brings to justice will know who she is and might try to exact revenge on her and her friends... most might be safe but Jyrras, the basement rats and a few of the non fighters could be in danger."

Mad: *sighs* "Jade your only concerned with her secret Identity?"

Jade: *bounces and smiles*  "Super heroins are fun."  *grabs shirt sleeve and pulls it towards the camera.  A black unitard with white flames covers my body and the mask covers my entire face*  "The heroin of Truth, Pizza, Justice, Soda, Honor, Popcorn and Nachos has arrived."  *Flies off followed by a trail of sparkling white flames*

This is for everyone.
Jade was a character I created as the daughter of my main character.  Even though I created her years ago it's still fun to have her show up every now and then.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Naldru

Quote from: Seth C Triggs on September 05, 2007, 05:35:48 AM

-Seth

Somehow, the line "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred" comes to mind when considering Jyrras as a sidekick.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

rt

Bud-da-bump Pa-da!!
It's Super Mab!!

I think I'll be giggling most of the day  :giggle

Paul

Somehow, Mab being a superhero makes perfect sense.  :)

Stormfalcon

It has to be said...we need a pinup of SuperMab now :D

techmaster-glitch

Well Amver, you've done it. You started the whole big thing with Jyrras, then switched to Dan and Abel, wrenching our hearts and emotions. Then, just when things were getting to the the way with Dan as they were for you, you drag us back, wrenching our guts straigh out of our bodies. Now I don't know which one I want more: Dan finished up or Jyrras finished up. Well played, Miss Mab. Well played.

(Oh and BTW, about your rant, don't worry about it. Someone needed help, and you were there for them. There's nothing wrong with that. You just take it easy and gently slide back into your normal update schedule)

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 05, 2007, 08:10:55 AM
Quote from: je.saist on September 05, 2007, 07:48:24 AM

So did I.  even so, I'm still not going to look at that strip until I get home from work...
I think my brain hurts...

Falcarthum

Mmm... what could be her hero name?

Marvelous Mab?

Wondrous Woman?

Fearless Fae?

M?

Super Pretty Warrior Nekofae J?

The Looney Girl In Orange Swimsuit That Delivers Fists of Justice?

I'm running out of ideas... anyone have more?

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Alondro

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 05, 2007, 10:14:24 AM
Well Amver, you've done it. You started the whole big thing with Jyrras, then switched to Dan and Abel, wrenching our hearts and emotions. Then, just when things were getting to the the way with Dan as they were for you, you drag us back, wrenching our guts straigh out of our bodies. Now I don't know which one I want more: Dan finished up or Jyrras finished up. Well played, Miss Mab. Well played.

Let's not forget the other dangling plots that can be switched to in a moment's notice:  The dragons and Destania, What Wildy's Doing Now, Kria and Lorenda, The Creature Council, and random goings on at Lost Lake that Amber could throw in to frustrate all her readers further.  Cuz Amber is evil. 

I know your mind, Amber!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

WhiteFire

Quote from: Alondro on September 05, 2007, 11:53:46 AMLet's not forget the other dangling plots that can be switched to in a moment's notice:  The dragons and Destania, What Wildy's Doing Now, Kria and Lorenda, The Creature Council, and random goings on at Lost Lake that Amber could throw in to frustrate all her readers further.  Cuz Amber is evil.

Just as a reminder, Lorenda is with Jyrass right now. It's understandably easy to forget at the moment as she is just walking around deer in the headlights style and missing from 75% of the strips, but she got off the evelvator with Mab on the 14th floor... You can just barely see her behind Mab in the first frame, and she is obvious in the last.

Fuyudenki

d'oh!  Supermab returns, and I've lost the picture of her arch-nemesis!

Eh, I can probably make it again.

Madmann, not to police, but RP outside the RP forum is frowned upon here, unless you're Alondro.

Fex

I said this before but yet I say it again

Is it a bird,
Is it a plane,
NO, it's SUPER MAB

wait ... orange ... woot Hup HOLLAND Hup  >:3

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Madmann135 on September 05, 2007, 09:06:53 AM
Jade was a character I created as the daughter of my main character.  Even though I created her years ago it's still fun to have her show up every now and then.

Off topic: Uh...I have a character named Jade as well...I hope they dont get confused with one another.

On Topic: Okayyyyy...so she's a superhorine in the fae realm?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Cogidubnus

Super Mab, Super Mab, does whatever a super Mab does...

Do we get to see the rest of the cast in campy Super Friends getup, now? Wildy and Biggs might not make the -best- wonder twins cosplayers around, but... >:3