9-5-2007 - [815] - Super Mab!

Started by Grenn, September 05, 2007, 04:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sid

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 05, 2007, 01:38:57 PM
Super Mab, Super Mab, does whatever a super Mab does...

Do we get to see the rest of the cast in campy Super Friends getup, now? Wildy and Biggs might not make the -best- wonder twins cosplayers around, but... >:3

Did somebody mention the Wonder Twins? *digs out his old sig*

The pose was there, so how could I resist? ;) (And now imagine how awesome they would be in cosplay outfits!)
:boogie

bilbo-sama

...Buh? :erk

I think that was the most random DMFA comic ever.  :U

Either that or I should be more awake when I read these. :/

Aleolus

"Here I come, to save the day!"
"Mighty Mab is on her way!"

rabid_fox

It took me until now and several looks to realise that Jyrras was under the purple. Gods dammit. Being back at school has slowed my brain considerably.

Oh dear.

Sajoli

Nice. I laugh at Mab's continuing craziness. Anyone want to write a theory on how being in the Fae realm makes people more succeptible to random super hero moments? I can just see Lorenda donning a Supercow outfit. "¡Lorenda al rescate!"
Now THAT is something someone should draw.

Naldru

How about "Fantastic Fae"

With regard to her style of clothing, I assume that most people have realized by now that Mab's dress was backless.  This meant that her superhero costume had to be backless or it wouldn't have been covered by the dress.  If you blow up the image of her flying off, you can see that the front is still covered by the orange costume.  Also note that the orange scarf used with her dress is designed to cover the neck strap for her superhero costume.

I also wonder what Jyrras is thinking when he gets the close-up of Mab's bosom.  Could he be thinking of what happened to item in Nutmeg's bosom.

One of the few things I wouldn't expect from Amber is a fighter using the Kekko Kamen style of fighting.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

terrycloth

Quote from: Sid on September 05, 2007, 02:24:12 PM
Did somebody mention the Wonder Twins? *digs out his old sig*

Form of... a dimwitted thug!
Shape of... an ice-cold secretary!

Sienna Maiu - M T

The funny thing is;
Me too Jyrras, me too.

[Edit:]
And oh yeah, we really haven't been getting our appropriate intake of vitamin wiku recently, have we?

Angel

(smiling a bit confusedly) Zeh... wha? I just witnessed the first three reasons why people love Mab in one glorious comic... But it left me feeling a little dizzy. You need a list of side-effects for these comics, Amber.

I'll admit it is a nice change from phone booths...  :]

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

DarkAudit

Quote from: Naldru on September 05, 2007, 04:48:11 PM
How about "Fantastic Fae"

With regard to her style of clothing, I assume that most people have realized by now that Mab's dress was backless.  This meant that her superhero costume had to be backless or it wouldn't have been covered by the dress.  If you blow up the image of her flying off, you can see that the front is still covered by the orange costume.  Also note that the orange scarf used with her dress is designed to cover the neck strap for her superhero costume.

She's Fae, so the costume is just there. Not hidden under her regular clothes, or transformed from her regular clothes. It just is.

And a mighty fine is it 'tis.  :mwaha
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Fresnor

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 05, 2007, 05:30:38 AM
Paging Prince Philionel, paging Prince Philionel, your daughter has been giving cross-universe lessons on the application of justice...

We'll know that for sure if Mab destroys a few city blocks over someone picking up a coin that isn't theirs...

And wouldn't that type of outfit be a bad thing in a world where many people have claws?  One getting too near the back of the neck and... :mowwink  *goes into hiding*

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Fresnor on September 05, 2007, 05:32:12 PM
Paging Prince Philionel, paging Prince Philionel, your daughter has been giving cross-universe lessons on the application of justice...

We'll know that for sure if Mab destroys a few city blocks over someone picking up a coin that isn't theirs...
Just as long as we don't have to hear about the Mutton Chops of Righteousness, we should be fine.

Sajoli

I find it funny that before the whole Dan-Abel scene we were obsessing about what the markings did (and what they looked like, for that matter), but now we're all just yammering on about Mab's secret identity... And her costume.  ;)
The marks look just a little bit like frostbite to me.  :)

DarkAudit

Quote from: Raist on September 05, 2007, 07:28:02 PM
Quote from: Fresnor on September 05, 2007, 05:32:12 PM

Just as long as we don't have to hear about the Mutton Chops of Righteousness, we should be fine.

Well, are we talking facial hair mutton chops or dinner mutton chops, hmm?
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Kenji

How the frig did Jyrras see through the dress!?
Oh man, that just brings up even more mental images... -.-

Also, The Mab knows what lurks in the shadows. Hugs! D:<

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Kenji on September 05, 2007, 11:27:00 PM

It's obviously not a two-sided material. :P

Fresnor

X-ray glasses, duh.  Since he doesn't really need them anyways, might as well add some cool features.us  :p

Kenji

Quote from: Fresnor on September 05, 2007, 11:31:25 PM

X-ray glasses, duh.  Since he doesn't really need them anyways, might as well add some cool features.us  :p

That just makes the trip to the beach all that much more fun.

Sienna Maiu - M T

I really wonder though, about how exactly Jyrras is seeing through her dress...
My but it's been a while since I've been on a crazy quoting-spree. I'd forgotten how much fun it could be.

Quote from: Alondro on September 05, 2007, 08:12:44 AM
*Charline grins*  And she's just left Jyrras alone and vulnerable for the culprit to molesternate again if he should be waiting in the all-concealing shadows!  Or... for a NEW villain to arrive!  *creeps toward the roorat with "Jaws" music playing*

ph-shaw! It's obvious that her cloak is going to work as a magical, mystical sheild of awesome, to protect him from all evil-doers and monkeys

Quote from: rt on September 05, 2007, 09:39:39 AM
Bud-da-bump Pa-da!!
It's Super Mab!!

I don't know... I think that's more of a pun drum-roll. What you need is a couple more syllables.

Ex.
Bahdah-bahdah-bump Ba-daa!!!
(plus note the extra exclamtion mark)

Quote from: Falcarthum on September 05, 2007, 11:35:57 AM
Mmm... what could be her hero name?

Wondrous Woman?

Gasp! You're onto her secret!!! Her suit is really... UPSIDE DOWN!!!

Yes... just think about that for a bit.

Quote from: Alondro on September 05, 2007, 11:53:46 AM
Let's not forget the other dangling plots that can be switched to in a moment's notice:  The dragons and Destania, What Wildy's Doing Now, Kria and Lorenda, The Creature Council, and random goings on at Lost Lake that Amber could throw in to frustrate all her readers further.  Cuz Amber is evil.

You forget then that Lorenda is actually with Jy?

Ah, but I see that the one known as WhiteFire has not.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 05, 2007, 01:38:57 PM
Super Mab, Super Mab, does whatever a super Mab does...

Do we get to see the rest of the cast in campy Super Friends getup, now? Wildy and Biggs might not make the -best- wonder twins cosplayers around, but... >:3

You've just filled me with joy and snickers.
mmm... chocolate...

Quote from: Aleolus on September 05, 2007, 02:47:33 PM
"Here I come, to save the day!"
"Mighty Mab is on her way!"
Yes! *joy*

Quote from: Sajoli on September 05, 2007, 04:24:15 PM
Nice. I laugh at Mab's continuing craziness. Anyone want to write a theory on how being in the Fae realm makes people more succeptible to random super hero moments? I can just see Lorenda donning a Supercow outfit. "¡Lorenda al rescate!"
Now THAT is something someone should draw.
You know what!?! :mowignore
Maybe. I. Should

Quote from: Sajoli on September 05, 2007, 10:44:25 PM
I find it funny that before the whole Dan-Abel scene we were obsessing about what the markings did (and what they looked like, for that matter), but now we're all just yammering on about Mab's secret identity... And her costume.  ;)
The marks look just a little bit like frostbite to me.  :)

Meh, I just figured I'ld ignore it.

Curse you FKK!!! You brought up the point I thought only I was perverse enough to concieve!!! (Well... or nitpicky if you want to view it that way)

Quote from: Fresnor on September 05, 2007, 11:31:25 PM

I would also like to point out that his glasses quite obviously fly off his face when Mab attackhugs him

Brunhidden

Jyjy, Mabb, who next? thus begins the countdown until we see every member of the cast in spandex... have i missed someone already?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 05, 2007, 11:29:33 PMIt's obviously not a two-sided material. :P

Moebius suit?

Also, I'd like to point out that The Shadow Knows.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

perhaps its like a two way mirror, shes only naked in one direction
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You do -not- want to accidentally put that on inside out... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Fuyudenki

Quote from: superluser on September 06, 2007, 02:19:35 AM
Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 05, 2007, 11:29:33 PMIt's obviously not a two-sided material. :P

Moebius suit?

Also, I'd like to point out that The Shadow Knows.

I guess this is proof I've been playing with computer graphics for too long.  I simply assumed the material had the "two-sided" flag turned to "off," so it only appears when viewed from the visible side.

Really improves render time.  Especially for non-transparent materials.(transparent materials don't occlude anything, so your DOC algorithms throw their hands up in defeat.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raist on September 06, 2007, 11:08:13 AM
I guess this is proof I've been playing with computer graphics for too long.  I simply assumed the material had the "two-sided" flag turned to "off," so it only appears when viewed from the visible side.

Yeah, but a Moebius suit would be funnier though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aleolus

Oh, come on.  Isn't it obvious that her tail (being the fluffiest in all of Faedom) is simply hiding the back of her suit?  I would think that would be clear to anyone who knows the mechanics of concealment!

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Aleolus on September 06, 2007, 11:20:20 AM
Oh, come on.  Isn't it obvious that her tail (being the fluffiest in all of Faedom) is simply hiding the back of her suit?  I would think that would be clear to anyone who knows the mechanics of concealment!
are you talking about the Mab dress, or the Super Mab uniform?  I was talking about the big, purple dress.

Aleolus

Super-Mab uniform.  I thought that was what we were talking about, since it's pretty obvious (to me at least) that Jy couldn't see through her dress, he's just not surprised that Mab has a superhero costume under it.  Except for the color, he was not expecting orange.

And again,
"Here I come, to save the day!
Mighty Mab is on her way!"

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Aleolus on September 06, 2007, 11:47:20 AM
Super-Mab uniform.  I thought that was what we were talking about, since it's pretty obvious (to me at least) that Jy couldn't see through her dress, he's just not surprised that Mab has a superhero costume under it.  Except for the color, he was not expecting orange.

And again,
"Here I come, to save the day!
Mighty Mab is on her way!"

Ah.  See, that's the point, is we were wondering about the possibility that Jy-Jy could see out from under that dress.  Swimsuits' sidedness doesn't really matter, as only one side is ever visible at a time, anyway.

As Llearch said, though, still not something you want to put on inside-out.