08/29/07 [#812] Popcorn

Started by AndersW, August 29, 2007, 12:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Dan looks really depressed in the first panel.

WhiteFire

Yeah, it looks like he was seriously trying to start over with Able... of course, Dan's method of starting over apparently involved backing him into a corner until he exploded. And spiders. Go Dan...

techmaster-glitch

Ooo! Fi's back! And now he has glowys around his text, to! Neat.

nikename2

Well in Dan's defense, Abel did hit him with a baseball bat earlier. So he probably figured doing crazy pranks like that was the norm, kind of like a fraternity initiation or something.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on August 29, 2007, 12:41:48 AM
Ooo! Fi's back! And now he has glowys around his text, to! Neat.

YES! Fi is Back, Fi is Ba-a-ack!

... Yes, I like the little guy. Can't ya tell?

superluser

Is it just me, or does Fi look kinda out of it?

I wonder if I could get any from his dealer...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

what do you mean he's back? you guys don't say that about other cast members who aren't in the spotlight for a while >_>

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on August 29, 2007, 12:45:20 AM
what do you mean he's back? you guys don't say that about other cast members who aren't in the spotlight for a while >_>
Because he hasn't been seen much in the first place :P

Fex

awww poor fi he looks so cute though his left eye became bigger then his head

Zedd

Well looks like someone could use a hug :P

WhiteFire

Quote from: Xeksue on August 29, 2007, 12:42:11 AM
Well in Dan's defense, Abel did hit him with a baseball bat earlier. So he probably figured doing crazy pranks like that was the norm, kind of like a fraternity initiation or something.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Dan is the only guilty party there. :P He could be a perfect saint and Able would find a way to brush it off. Actually, I think he did just that.

rabid_fox

Fantastic first panel expression. The little wibbley lip is glorious.

Oh dear.

Illusionist

I love the glowing speech bubbles.

Timothy

I wonder what Wildy is doing currently ?  :P
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Timothy on August 29, 2007, 04:30:35 AM
I wonder what Wildy is doing currently ?  :P
I'm guessing she's waiting for her body fur to grow back.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AndersW on August 29, 2007, 12:35:08 AM
Yeah.  Looks like Fi, combined with his attention span could help him get over that :P

Interesting that he's more upset about making Abel angry than learning that Destania was (probably?) everything that is bad about 'Cubi.

Quote from: Zedd on August 29, 2007, 01:29:27 AM
Well looks like someone could use a hug :P
Somehow I'm reminded of the last pane in this:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_745.php

Quote from: superluser on August 29, 2007, 12:43:52 AM
Is it just me, or does Fi look kinda out of it?
I wonder if I could get any from his dealer...

Yeah.  Mind you, I've seen that look on Invader Zim, usually after GIR says something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 29, 2007, 04:47:20 AM
Quote from: AndersW on August 29, 2007, 12:35:08 AM
Yeah.  Looks like Fi, combined with his attention span could help him get over that :P

Interesting that he's more upset about making Abel angry than learning that Destania was (probably?) everything that is bad about 'Cubi.
[/quote]
Methinks that Dan may have already read that book anyways. he might've just wanted Abel's point of view on all things Destania, given that Abel's opinion of Dee flies in the face of Aary's.
It's also interesting to note that Dan's acting more mature than Abel right now.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Madmann135

with all the calamities in Dan's life maturity and immaturity go hand in hand.  Somehow Dan knows the perfect opportunity and blend of the two to help things go a tad more smoothly.

Dan's smarter than he lets on, he takes the Biggs (and sometimes the Fae) approach in life, "let your enemies think your a complete fool but in reality your a smart and intelligent individual who has plans for grander things."

Able he's been around ADHD cubi for around 300 years or so, it's no surprise that he has yet to properly mature.
Dan, he's been around Fae, mortals, traveled the country side and fought for his life for the past few years of his life, he's also experiencing a beginning life crisis.  Taking all that into consideration and his personality he's handling things quite well.  Some other individuals would have gone mad if they were to live his life.  Dan's quite mature and a very intelligent individual but he loves to have fun (thank Mab for showing him the Fae aspect of life).
:mowninja

Welcome back FI, ...CH-YA! 
I have to go.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Turnsky

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 29, 2007, 08:27:40 AM
with all the calamities in Dan's life maturity and immaturity go hand in hand.  Somehow Dan knows the perfect opportunity and blend of the two to help things go a tad more smoothly.

Dan's smarter than he lets on, he takes the Biggs (and sometimes the Fae) approach in life, "let your enemies think your a complete fool but in reality your a smart and intelligent individual who has plans for grander things."

Able he's been around ADHD cubi for around 300 years or so, it's no surprise that he has yet to properly mature.
Dan, he's been around Fae, mortals, traveled the country side and fought for his life for the past few years of his life, he's also experiencing a beginning life crisis.  Taking all that into consideration and his personality he's handling things quite well.  Some other individuals would have gone mad if they were to live his life.  Dan's quite mature and a very intelligent individual but he loves to have fun (thank Mab for showing him the Fae aspect of life).

I have to go.

dear god.. can you imagine the hilarity that'd ensue if Mab tried to get Dan and Abel to "play nice"?

Madmann135

Quote from: Turnsky on August 29, 2007, 08:30:08 AM

I have to go.

dear god.. can you imagine the hilarity that'd ensue if Mab tried to get Dan and Abel to "play nice"?

Somehow I think that Dan and Able are "playing nice," by Dan's standards.

BUT

It would be fun to see Mab 'convince' Dan and Able to play nice.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Turnsky

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 29, 2007, 09:35:22 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 29, 2007, 08:30:08 AM

I have to go.

Somehow I think that Dan and Able are "playing nice," by Dan's standards.

BUT

It would be fun to see Mab 'convince' Dan and Able to play nice.
yes, in typical Mab fashion.

i think Abel needs to experience the horror of Mab's brownies, too.  >:3

techmaster-glitch

Paul

"That didn't go like I had hoped." Heh. I wonder what Dan was hoping for then. I don't really see how hitting Abel on the head with a melon would make him more likely to want to start with a fresh slate...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Paul on August 29, 2007, 09:47:17 AM
"That didn't go like I had hoped." Heh. I wonder what Dan was hoping for then. I don't really see how hitting Abel on the head with a melon would make him more likely to want to start with a fresh slate...
True.  I still think he did it to catch Abel off-guard so he could ask about Destania, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

AnizInDisguise

Wow. I must say I never expected Dan to be trying to start things anew. How foolish of me. :lol

Zedd

Well it sure is going least I expected it...Remind me get my widdling spoon to bonk Dans head with

Sid

Aw, come on. Warp-Aci shoulder hover properly :)
(Had to kill the glow to get acceptable results when converting the palette to 256 colors)
:boogie

Alondro

*Charline steals some of Fi's popcorn to munch*  I was hoping for a bloody battle to the death too!  Bah, stupid main characters and their propensity to survive.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Azlan

Quote from: Alondro on August 29, 2007, 04:29:23 PM
*Charline steals some of Fi's popcorn to munch*  I was hoping for a bloody battle to the death too!  Bah, stupid main characters and their propensity to survive.   >:3

You do not have that inclination, however...  >:3
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"