08/11/07 Abel's Story [#95] Liked that shirt

Started by AndersW, August 11, 2007, 12:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

He brought his back wings out, but you cannot see the bottoms of them.

Edit: you can see the bottom of his wings in the second panel, but not very well.

techmaster-glitch

Yup, several of us called it. Shirt ruined, he's pissed, wings out.

Hennya looks freaky! :eek :blink :boggle :boggle

bilbo-sama

...Wow...

Ten internet bucks that she's next.  :zombiekun2

AndersW

You can actually see him use his wing tentacles to throw Hennya off of him.

Azlan

I didn't like that shirt, looks better with his blood on it.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

AndersW

Hennya looks ready to rumble.  Just look at those fangs in the first panel.

bilbo-sama

I thought that was his real hand that threw her off. But yeah, wing tentacles. *shrugs*

nikename2

Hennya looks impressive and ready for more. She kind of has an evil medusa thing going on with her.  >:3

That arm looks pretty messed up with multiple puncture wounds, she didn't just get his shoulder she also got around his elbow too. It's possible that he might pass out/die from blood loss depending on how long this goes. Now thought it looks like he's probably going to use some kind of magical attack though with his eyes glowing like that.

techmaster-glitch

I really can't predict who's gonna win, this could trun in any direction.

On an off-topic note:
Xexssue, nice new siggy! Special Agent Bob and Secret Agent Steve FTW!!!

Manawolf

Damn, the fangs aren't hollow for venom injection.  There goes the one possible advantage.

Attic Rat

That'll teach her... If you've only got one strike - go for the throat, not the collar bone.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Manawolf on December 16, 2032, 05:56:17 AM
Damn, the fangs aren't hollow for venom injection.  There goes the one possible advantage.

Ya, I think that's goin to be an atvantage to him now instead. Cubi do get stronger when pissed right?

Zedd

superluser

50 quatloos on Hennya.  She hasn't shown any indication of fatigue or pain, and Aniz is already panting and struggling to get out his words.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

rabid_fox

A certain individual first pointed out the shirt-love.

Oh dear.

techmaster-glitch

Castle Pokemetroid

I guess he likes his shirts more than he hates to be bit.

Turnsky

Quote from: Zedd on August 11, 2007, 12:59:53 AM
Hmmm nice and mouthwarming

Cubi blood might have a minty aftertaste. or not.

Still, whatever carnage that ensues will prolly either make Abel curl up in a shell of misery, grief, and whatnot, or make him snap like a twig, thus creating circumstances that later on will make Abel curl up in the aforementioned shell of misery and grief.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Cogidubnus

Shoulders are overrated anyway. But now Aniz stops being subtle, yes?

Amber's being so dark, recently. Hennya I expected, but Jyrras too...

Turnsky

Making things a little darker now and again keeps things interesting, if you ask me.. i'm certainly interested as to what happens next.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Azraelle

I saw the black-box update panel on the main page and first thing I thought was:  Hennya's gonna die.  Almost didn't want to click it, but then I slapped myself.  Hello!  Abel's Story update!  *clicky*

Sadly, I can't imagine things going so well for Hennya at this point, short of a Deus-Ex.

rabid_fox

I might be completely on my own here, but is anyone else impressed beyond belief at just how engaging Abel's Story is?

Oh dear.

kaskar

:mowmeep
Quote from: Turnsky on August 11, 2007, 01:44:36 AM
Quote from: Zedd on August 11, 2007, 12:59:53 AM
Hmmm nice and mouthwarming

Still, whatever carnage that ensues will prolly either make Abel curl up in a shell of misery, grief, and whatnot, or make him snap like a twig, thus creating circumstances that later on will make Abel curl up in the aforementioned shell of misery and grief.

8) So much for his nice white shirt now. I wonder how all this blood and gore occuring in front of Abel is affecting him. Someone will have to do a lot of clean up later ...

Quote from: rabid_fox on August 11, 2007, 02:15:53 AM

I might be completely on my own here, but is anyone else impressed beyond belief at just how engaging Abel's Story is?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Azraelle

Quote from: rabid_fox on August 11, 2007, 02:15:53 AMI might be completely on my own here, but is anyone else impressed beyond belief at just how engaging Abel's Story is?

You're definitely not alone in that, rabid.  I remember the first time I read through it (was about when Abel was getting home without his wings showing), reading all of that in a night, and literally feeling like the wind had been knocked out of me, it was so powerful.

rabid_fox

I keep telling myself that it's just a little colourful spin off from a colourful online comic. Then my better sense goes "No, remember the goosebumps at the "Flowers on your grave" line? Yeah, shut up, Diarmuid, me fine mucker, you love a bit of this. Dirty boy. Dirty boy".

Then I realise my better sense is a bit of a pervert and I take refuge in Diet Coke.

True story.

Apart from the lies.

Seriously though - all due credit to Amber. She's made a silly medium relevant and potent.

Oh dear.

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

kaskar

Quote from: Azlan on August 11, 2007, 02:34:09 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 11, 2007, 01:44:36 AM

It takes like chicken.

:mowmeep So, do we send out for Kentucky Fried Cubi ?  Light meat, or Dark, anyone ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Zorro

Hennya appears to have phased out of direct contact with the material universe for a minute there.

Combat in multiple dimensions at once?   8)

Zedd

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Zorro on August 11, 2007, 02:57:16 AM
Hennya appears to have phased out of direct contact with the material universe for a minute there.

Combat in multiple dimensions at once?   8)
Nope, just comic 'animation', or as close to animation as still pictures can get.
Observe