0 (0%)
Rushfox
0 (0%)
Tezkat
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 08, 2007, 08:02:56 PM

Tapewolf

We in the Radio Project got word from Miaka that InsanekaosX, our current voice actor for Abel was going to have to quit, so a poll was arranged.  Since then he appears to be available, but by that point we had a number of hopefuls for the role.  As we did with the Doctor Ink voicing, we try to settle this democratically, so the poll, after many setbacks and late entrants is now finally underway.

Not all of these are the finest quality of recording.  What we are looking for is the best voice to fit his character.
The poll will run for 14 days after which a winner will be chosen.  Hopefully.  In the event of a tie, I will panic and pick one at random.

Anyway, here are the nominations, in MP3 format.  I believe I have everyone.  They are all taken from strip 506, except for Kamunt's:

Brunhidden da Muse
Goatmon
InsanekaosX  (Who has played Abel to date)
Kamunt
Netrogo
Rabidfox
Raist
RushFox
Tezkat  (Currently playing Jyrras)

May the best man win.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GabrielsThoughts

Goatman or Kamunt...  but I think kmunt sounds a little better.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Fuyudenki

Not bothering to listen to my own audition, because I make it a point to never vote for myself.  I thought Brunhidden's Abel was closest to what I think he should sound like.  Glad he could make it.

Zedd

techmaster-glitch

I can't belive I'm saying this but...
I think Netrogo's voice fits Abel best.  :B

RushFox

I believe, other than myself, Kamunt's sounds the best IMO.

I really hope I get some votes though...  :3

insanekaosx

Sunblink

Difficult choice... I'm probably going to go with Goatmon's, although Kamunt's also sounds very nice.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Netrogo

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 25, 2007, 12:53:43 AM
I can't belive I'm saying this but...
I think Netrogo's voice fits Abel best.  :B

Wow, of all the people to vote for me. I think the only way this could be more confusing would be if Kaskar voted for me :erk
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Kamunt

Quote from: RushFox on June 25, 2007, 01:31:13 AMI believe, other than myself, Kamunt's sounds the best IMO.

I really hope I get some votes though...  :3

Now see...that's interesting, because I thought that, out of the others, you were the one who sounded the best. :o I can't vote just yet though...it's a toughie. :-/ I'm glad people like mine, at least. I can't view the results yet since I haven't voted yet, but perhaps that's for the best...don't want to get too full (or empty) of myself.

This was just a passing idea, but in the case that we did end up with a tie, which it looks to me right now like it very well might...what would one think the chances are of getting Queen Mab herself to cast the final judgement? :mowwink Sort of like a Chuck Norris-Dodgeball guest judge-dealie. Get the creator herself's input on who most accurately portrayed her own character, ya know? Or would she be too busy for such appearances? Just a thought. :3 Or maybe she's even already voted a la :mowninja, who's to say...?

GabrielsThoughts

Horrible flashbacks of bad talkshows flash through my mind.

Montel: your amazing.

Guest: no you're amazing.

Montel: I'm not amazing you are.

Guest: oh you're to modest.

Montel:  You really think I'm amazing?

Guest: of course you are.

Montel: well I think you're amazing.

the preceding script was based on an actual episode of Montel broadcast this year...only it was five minutes longer.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tezkat

Quote from: Kamunt on June 25, 2007, 09:39:16 PM
This was just a passing idea, but in the case that we did end up with a tie, which it looks to me right now like it very well might...what would one think the chances are of getting Queen Mab herself to cast the final judgement? :mowwink Sort of like a Chuck Norris-Dodgeball guest judge-dealie. Get the creator herself's input on who most accurately portrayed her own character, ya know? Or would she be too busy for such appearances? Just a thought. :3 Or maybe she's even already voted a la :mowninja, who's to say...?

It would be kinda neat. It should be noted, however, that Amber has been avoiding the Radio Project because hearing our voices tends to mess with how she hears her characters in her head. I can totally understand that. :3

As for myself... I haven't decided who to support yet, either. At any rate, nobody seems to like my version. :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

RushFox

Quote from: Tezkat on June 25, 2007, 11:31:39 PM
Quote from: Kamunt on June 25, 2007, 09:39:16 PM

It would be kinda neat. It should be noted, however, that Amber has been avoiding the Radio Project because hearing our voices tends to mess with how she hears her characters in her head. I can totally understand that. :3

As for myself... I haven't decided who to support yet, either. At any rate, nobody seems to like my version. :animesweat

I love your version, but it would work better as a "parody" of Abel, rather than the real deal. The over-the-topness of it is incredibly hilarious!

Did Amber really say that? Well, that does make sense seeing as she is afraid of praise in large doses, and this project is a large, incredibly polished form of that...  :)

Kamunt: Hey, thanks! We in the bottom four really ain't getting that much love here...  :<

Kamunt

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 25, 2007, 10:32:37 PMHorrible flashbacks of bad talkshows flash through my mind.

/horror :zombiekun2

the preceding script was based on an actual episode of Montel broadcast this year...only it was five minutes longer.

Ew. :|

Quote from: Kamunt on June 25, 2007, 09:39:16 PMThis was just a passing idea, but in the case that we did end up with a tie, ...what would one think the chances are of getting Queen Mab herself to cast the final judgement? :mowwink

I guess I could understand that. Though if she truly had a mastery of her characters, then she should easily be able to keep her mental voices-in-head at the forefront at all times!! >:3 I know I do.

and Aww, don't get sad:  Get Glad. *gets shot*

Quote from: RushFox on June 26, 2007, 12:07:27 AM
Quote from: Kamunt on June 25, 2007, 09:39:16 PMWE SAID THINGS HEER LAWL
AND THEN SUMMORE THANGS LOLOLOLOL
Did Amber really say that? Well, that does make sense seeing as she is afraid of praise in large doses, and this project is a large, incredibly polished form of that...  :)

Kamunt: Hey, thanks! We in the bottom four really ain't getting that much love here...  :<

Tee-hee. :3 That made me laugh for, some odd reason... Which is odd, since it's clearly true. :januscat

D: I'm in the bottom four?! Aw. /emo
I feel the sudden urge to write poems about midnight and the darkness of my heart...convenient, since it's midnight right now.

Brunhidden

*does the i'm #2 dance*

I am surprised goatmon is doing so well, i never thought of abel having so scary of a voice. when i had my daughter on my lap to help me choose who to vote for *undecided* she covered her ears and made a face when his voice was up.

QuoteWalt Disney -
- Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Kryptic

Hrm. I like Kamunt's and Rushfox's. I also like Rabidfox's accent. It's a cute twist.

And Tezkat's voice was hilarious, although it didn't fit quite right, ya know? 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on June 26, 2007, 10:34:41 AM
I am surprised goatmon is doing so well, i never thought of abel having so scary of a voice. when i had my daughter on my lap to help me choose who to vote for *undecided* she covered her ears and made a face when his voice was up.

... goatmon for Ink? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GabrielsThoughts

Eowyn

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 26, 2007, 12:47:36 PM
goatmon's voice is scary? 

What Eowyn types-er555ereeeeeee
What Eowyn says- nonono
What Eowyn means- yes, its scary

RushFox

Quote from: Kamunt on June 25, 2007, 09:39:16 PMWE SAID THINGS HEER LAWL
AND THEN SUMMORE THANGS LOLOLOLOL

QuoteTee-hee. :3 That made me laugh for, some odd reason... Which is odd, since it's clearly true. :januscat

D: I'm in the bottom four?! Aw. /emo
I feel the sudden urge to write poems about midnight and the darkness of my heart...convenient, since it's midnight right now.

Jeez, I'm the one who should be emo, since you have three votes...

I'm fighting back the urge to advertise myself on this board...

...Dammit.  *points at sig*   :U

Amber Williams

It's not that.  It's that some of the voices are so far from how I personally view the characters myself that it is almost painful to hear.  And after finding out due to the radio project, it has gotten several people to assume thats how they sound...I'm trying to avoid it on the principle I dont want to upset anyone's fun as there is an obvious conflict of vision.

As such, I tend to avoid listening to any of the radio project.  Except that one of Merlitz and Azlan talking about Azlan's wedding ring.  That one is pretty amusing.

RushFox

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 26, 2007, 06:38:40 PM

It's not that.  It's that some of the voices are so far from how I personally view the characters myself that it is almost painful to hear.  And after finding out due to the radio project, it has gotten several people to assume thats how they sound...I'm trying to avoid it on the principle I dont want to upset anyone's fun as there is an obvious conflict of vision.

As such, I tend to avoid listening to any of the radio project.  Except that one of Merlitz and Azlan talking about Azlan's wedding ring.  That one is pretty amusing.

Great. Now I'm even more curious... I suppose if you don't want to ruin everyone's fun, I'd like to hear by PM if possible. I know it's alot for me to ask, being a lowly newbie, but I always am interested in stuff like that. Artistic vision is always intriguing to me for some reason, I guess!  :3

I can understand your feelings on this, because it's kinda like translating a book to a movie, there are some things that are lost in the transistion, like plot or character development or even inaccurate casting!

However, the reason I signed up to this fan project, inaccurate or not, is for the love of the characters you created and the world they inhabit. I'm sure everyone here feels the same way, which is why projects like this are created.  :)

Fuyudenki

that's OK, Rushfox, I'm a little bummed that I'm in the bottom 4, as well.  Glad to see my vote contributed to one of the guys currently in first place, though.

Kamunt

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on June 26, 2007, 10:34:41 AM*does the i'm #2 dance*

:o Really? No offense, but I really didn't like yours all too much the first time I listened to it...I wonder who's in first place, then? Can't be me if I only have 3 votes... :( Being bottom four sucks, darn it. EDIT: HOLY HOUNDS OF HADES, Batman! :O The wonders of accidentally logging yourself out! 3rd, hey-o, I feel kind of bad now... :sweatdrop :blush I thought I was in the Bottom 4 all this time, thinking I was empathizing with Rush & Tez...
             How embarrassing. :shifty :mowignore :blush

Quote from: Walt DisneyOur greatest natural resource is the minds of our children.

Aaaand how! :3

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 26, 2007, 11:53:56 AM
Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on June 26, 2007, 10:34:41 AMI am surprised goatmon is doing so well, i never thought of abel having so scary of a voice. when i had my daughter on my lap to help me choose who to vote for *undecided* she covered her ears and made a face when his voice was up.
... goatmon for Ink? ;-]

It's probably just because I arrived on the DMFA forum a good month-ish after I actually fell in love with DMFA, but what's with all of these references for this "Dr. Ink" character? I seem to recall no character in all of DMFA named as such... :/

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 26, 2007, 12:47:36 PMgoatmon's voice is scary?

That's what I was thinking... :/ I personally thought it was pretty OK-good, but...definitely not scary, LMAO.

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 26, 2007, 06:38:40 PMIt's not that.  It's that some of the voices are so far from how I personally view the characters myself that it is almost painful to hear.  And after finding out due to the radio project, it has gotten several people to assume thats how they sound...I'm trying to avoid it on the principle I dont want to upset anyone's fun as there is an obvious conflict of vision.

Wow, Amber replied to a concept I posted! :mowdizzy The Baka moves up the Great Social Order of the World Wide Web (GSOWWW) once again, bweh-heh-heh. :mowninja

Quote from: RushFox on June 26, 2007, 07:22:25 PM...the reason I signed up to this fan project...is for the love of the characters you created and the world they inhabit. I'm sure everyone here feels the same way, which is why projects like this are created.  :)

Here, here! :mowmeep :goamber

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Kamunt on June 26, 2007, 08:49:51 PM
[It's probably just because I arrived on the DMFA forum a good month-ish after I actually fell in love with DMFA, but what's with all of these references for this "Dr. Ink" character? I seem to recall no character in all of DMFA named as such... :/
Wha-wha-what the....... OMG OMFG  :noobrape :youfail
Everybody, rape this noob!!!!Lololololol!

EDIT:(and because I feel I must say this, lest there be misunderstandings and flaming of the percieved 'jackass' abound, I am joking...mostly.... :shifty.... because if I was serious, I know this would be very unfair. No, the character has never actually been referred to by name in the comic, partly because he is a cameo....of a forumite that belongs to these very forums, Ink.)

insanekaosx

wait, I get three votes now? *wonders who else liked him*

CameronCN

Quote from: insanekaosx on June 27, 2007, 03:33:57 AM
wait, I get three votes now? *wonders who else liked him*
Hi. :)

Here's what I think- none of the auditioners really quite sound like Abel to me. But I've listened to the samples two or three times and kaosx is the cllosest, with Brunhidden as my second choice. Maybe this is just because I'm used to hearing him in the other recordings...I dunno. I tend to think of comic strip characters and Abel in particular as speaking the way I would act them. In fact, if I could, I'd audition just for fun. But I'm not available. :U

Tezkat

I love your version, but it would work better as a "parody" of Abel, rather than the real deal. The over-the-topness of it is incredibly hilarious!

Hmm... so my version might be too Abel? Oh, the irony... :mowtongue

I suppose it can still be fodder for outtakes. Or horrifying attempts to sing in character... >:]

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 26, 2007, 06:38:40 PM

Thanks. That's kinda what I was trying to say earlier. A lot of us can probably relate to how you feel... I suppose it's not unlike coming to love a show and then hearing a redub with new actors (even in a different language) and wondering what the heck the producers were thinking when they cast the new voice for (insert favourite character here). Heck... I know tons of anime fans who could rant for hours and hours on that very subject. :animesweat

Quote from: CameronCN on June 27, 2007, 12:20:52 PM
Here's what I think- none of the auditioners really quite sound like Abel to me. But I've listened to the samples two or three times and kaosx is the cllosest, with Brunhidden as my second choice. Maybe this is just because I'm used to hearing him in the other recordings...I dunno. I tend to think of comic strip characters and Abel in particular as speaking the way I would act them. In fact, if I could, I'd audition just for fun. But I'm not available. :U

Several of the popular candidates do sound a bit similar to our previous Abel recordings (and one identical, of course :3). I wonder if that isn't because the people voting are fans of the project and already used to the original voice. There's a lot to be said for consistency...

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

RushFox

Quote from: Tezkat on June 27, 2007, 02:10:38 PM

Hmm... so my version might be too Abel? Oh, the irony... :mowtongue

I suppose it can still be fodder for outtakes. Or horrifying attempts to sing in character... >:]

Quote from: CameronCN on June 27, 2007, 12:20:52 PM

Several of the popular candidates do sound a bit similar to our previous Abel recordings (and one identical, of course :3). I wonder if that isn't because the people voting are fans of the project and already used to the original voice. There's a lot to be said for consistency...

As for your voicing, that's the exact point of what I was saying. It's kinda sounds like a piss-take on Abel's effeminate qualities, especially with the "Life Is Wonderful" takes. The out-takes show a particular inventiveness that I've always enjoyed and shows how comfortable you are with voicing these characters, which is a great quality to have as a voice actor, perhaps even a professional one. I'm serious here.

Secondly, when I first started voicing Abel, I tried to nail the semi-british sarcastic Abel that Kaos made popular in his version, and it didn't really go so well. I tried a more natural way of doing it around early June and it sounded awesome. I've been having problems with allergies as of late, but I know when I've nailed some lines, especially those in Abel's Story. In fact, I work those lines alot better than in the main story, because his story is a lot like mine, with unfettered innocence being crushed by tragedy (although my problems are NOTHING compared to his). His personality matches mine so much that it gels so easily in my voicings, which unfortunately, are not being used here...
Here's a example, for those who are curious, here's my take on Pg. 29-31. It's an earlier recording, so the quality is kinda crappy, but it's the voice that counts in this thing, right?  :)http://www.box.net/shared/dali1ifmed

Anyways, there's still a week to go so there's some hope of making a comeback. I'll tell you guys one thing. If I somehow manage to get more votes, if any, I am DEFINITELY buying a mic. This part means that much to me.

And that's it. No more advertising from me. I'm really nervous right now, that's all! The excited kind, with a dash of worry...  ;)