06/09/07, Abel's Story #92, Didn't Go Exactly as Planned

Started by Sunblink, June 08, 2007, 11:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

The title says it all. I can only wonder this:

WTF is Aniz MADE OF? My God, if I were hit by a freakin' stool I would've gone down crying like a baby. One can only wonder what he's capable of, but... I wonder what he's going to do to Abel. His claws are extended, after all, and the look on his face only says baaaad things.

Surely he couldn't hurt the apparent only reason he's been holding up his charade?

And now I sleeeep. *thud*

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Netrogo

Well I think that answers some of our questions about how well angry Abel would do against Aniz :erk
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Slacker Spice

(Though I'm probably gonna regret all the speculation this is gonna cause...)

"Fa'Lina is likely to get on my case as is..."

Wonder why? Is Aniz supposed to take Abel to the Academy? Or is he supposed to be there in the first place? *goes to her speculation-proof shelter*

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

techmaster-glitch

Meech

Yeah, Abel finally grew a spine.  Of coarse, it's about to be painfully ripped out of his body.  I wonder if May is going to be injured or killed trying to defend Abel from Aniz?

Jigsaw Forte

Well, he obviously can't KILL Abel... or take away his reproductive capabilities for that matter.

Counterproductive and all that.

nikename2

Well looks like Aniz was really going for the extra credit here. Kill off an adventurer and take over his life for 25 years then do an evil speech as your child finally matures as a cubi, problem is he failed on his speech. So yeah he's probably gonna get a B in the "ruin everyones lives" class at most.  :U

Aridas

You stupid Abel, things were going just fine until you hit him with your damn stool...

Naldru

The interesting thing is that Aniz appears pleased that Abel attacked him.  I'm beginning to think that the whole point of his behavior was to see if Abel could be provoked into attacking him.  He seems to be testing Abel, but there is no hint as to what constitutes pass or fail, or what the results will be.  Perhaps he wants to see if Abel is tough enough to survive SAIA.  The next few weeks should be very interesting.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

kaskar

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 09, 2007, 12:12:48 AM
:mowmeep You stupid Abel, things were going just fine until you hit him with your damn stool...
:)   You should have tried something with a bit more clought, like clapping a couple of bricks with his head between, or maybe a few selective,kicks, punches, or just rammed him into a wall or down a stepwelll ...

:rolleyes Many may have noticed that Abel is less than enthused about his father and the rest of the Cubi race. If he was forced to Saia, he probably become all stubborn and not learn a thing. What Aniz may be doing with Fa'lina, is to get to Abel a less obnoxious teacher of the Cubi ways, ( do we have a Destina here yet ? ), and have Abel taught as an 'extension' student at his own home ... 
8) Just Hanging Around ...

M

I figured Fa'Lina would be mentioned sooner or later, but I didn't expect that from Aniz.

Go on, Abel! Wap him again!  :U

Zedd

Wow that was something alright....Yet was it really worth it?

Netrogo

Quote from: Marmonstein on June 09, 2007, 12:22:23 AM
I figured Fa'Lina would be mentioned sooner or later, but I didn't expect that from Aniz.

Go on, Abel! Wap him again!  :U

Oh yeah, cuz the first one did SOOOO much damage :erk
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Shego2Drakken on June 08, 2007, 11:57:29 PM
I've been wondering about this as well. Could Aniz's little games be the sort of thing that Fa'lina would smack someone down for, whether or not they're a SAIA student? I was thinking in particular of the Cubi Wars, way back when — if this was one of the reasons for them, wouldn't she do anything to prevent another disastrous war?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Kenji

It broke far too easily.

Aniz must've thought ahead and used some stool softener.

Cogidubnus

Furniture makes surprisingly poor weaponry.

He should have gone for the ottoman. That might have helped. :paranoid

Stygian

I's been hit by a stool. And a pool cue. And by a car. And by a bus. Neither worked so well. But when you look at Aniz's build...

Is that an innate cubi power, or is it just something that comes with age and training?

Grenn

*Simpsons flashback to Bart hitting Homer with the chair in the bathtub*

Abel: Woah! That was so cool. Can I break something else over you?

But then you'd have to have him forget that his mom just got thrown into a wall and all that, so yeah. Wouldn't work. :)

superluser

So Fa'Lina knows this?  I thought she didn't know about individual `cubi until she got the application, and Amber seemed to imply that you can't get an application processed until you're capable of participating in the lessons there.

This almost seems to imply that he's just there to pick Abel up, rather than having been there for 25 years.  After all, I don't think she'd care if Aniz were gone for 25 years and one day rather than 25 years.  Unless Fa'Lina is going to get on his case for some other reason--which is entirely possible.

Also...Aniz in the penultimate frame looks familiar (yeah, pretty sure just similar expressions.  Still).

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Turnsky

i suspect the guardian poodle of malice will show up soon.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Manawolf

Unless you're a rogue, don't bother sneaking up on anyone.  Unless you've got silver or cold iron weaponry handy, don't bother trying to take on anything with resemblance to the demonic.  And unless you've been adventuring as long as they have, don't bother picking a fight with someone.

kaskar

:mowmeep Quick, Aniz was once Cid the adventurer. Certainly there must be a handy axe , knife, or spear somewhere !!!  Also , the Evil Poodle of malice once commented that she was semi - omnipresent . She also had the power to move herself bodily with me thought. When will the evil poodle of doom turn up ?

:rolleyes And will Aniz have to worry about Fa'lina getting him, more than Abel trying to do so ?

Whitemagebishieboy

Quote from: Shego2Drakken on June 08, 2007, 11:57:29 PM
(Though I'm probably gonna regret all the speculation this is gonna cause...)

Wonder why? Is Azin supposed to take Abel to the Academy? Or is he supposed to be there in the first place? *goes to her speculation-proof shelter*

Probably because he forgot the speech.
Fa' lina loves cliches in her favor remember? And that most likely includes villain speeches when the good guys really can't do anything.

Though able will not be with the good guys much longer will he?

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Kenji on June 09, 2007, 12:27:53 AM
It broke far too easily.

Aniz must've thought ahead and used some stool softener.

Is that how he keeps his stools so soft and... moist...waitaminute... :erk

Zorro

Fex

Aniz: do you have an chair for me?

Abel: sure here you have it! *hits Aniz with the chair*

Aniz: why thank you for the chair.

Abel: ... uhm, your welcome ...

heehee my mind is making silly stuff up :mowcookie

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on June 09, 2007, 12:54:22 AMUnless you've got silver or cold iron weaponry handy, don't bother trying to take on anything with resemblance to the demonic.

Oh, this would be fun.  Get a silver knife and attack Aniz.  Watch as it doesn't even faze him.  (Oh, and that better be sterling silver, otherwise the knife would probably break before the skin)

Quote from: kaskar on June 09, 2007, 12:57:10 AMAlso , the Evil Poodle of malice once commented that she was semi - omnipresent

That's omniscient.  Omniscient means knowing all.  Omnipresent means being everywhere.  I'd be surprised if Fa'Lina is even capable of bilocation.

Edit: She actually said semi-omnipotent (all-powerful), though she seems to have meant omniscient.  And omnivorous is something else entirely...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Naldru

Quote from: Kenji on June 09, 2007, 12:27:53 AM
It broke far too easily.
Maybe Aniz was impressed that Abel hit him hard enough to break the chair.

It does appear that cubi do tend to react to things in a rather physical manner, and an ability to attack could come in handy at SAIA.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_493.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_505.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_534.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_545.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_589.php
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

kaskar

:mowmeep Speaker, speaker, will you now take the chair ....

WhiteFire

Able at this point has not learned to shield his mind, thus one would assume that his father was aware of the impending attack. Going with that, he allowed it to happen, and perhaps defended himself magically. He certainly proved before he could dodge May's attack, again, likely because he heard her think it before she did it.

There are really two things I don't quite get...

Why does he seem surprised? I mean, even short the whole mind reading thing his actions just now certainly should have provoked some sort of vastly negative reaction. This outcome should not have been a surprise to anyone.

Why does he seem both pleased and hostile after that moment of pause? I mean, if it was all just to see if he could piss Able off or something, why would he get violent himself in return.

As to Fa'Lina, maybe he is worried that she is going to be pissed enough at what a basket case he made his son before dropping him off.