6-6-07 Abel's #91 -> Flowers

Started by Faerie Alex, June 05, 2007, 09:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

Well, I suppose this means he doesn't intend to kill her now. Injure maybe, but not kill. :/

...He almost looks sensitive in the third panel. Almost.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Nino

Nah, looks to me like a pompous sneer. Pssh, he is a bastard. Poor May.

bigj

Wow, cruel. Very, very cruel. He intends to let her live a long time without her husband or son. Alone.

And he's letting her know it.  :mowsad

Raire

*delurks*

Well, at the very least, he won't kill her...

Man, this is all just great fun for him, isn't it?

He really knows how to twist a mind

bill

That's a class 5 "Oh Snap" rite der.

Zedd

Now thats the icing of the d**kry cake

M

That cool grin on his face in the third panel sent chills down my spine. Extra with a nice close look at his red eyes.

Zorro

Sometimes you come up against someone you just can't beat and you had best figure it out and minimize the damages.

May REALLY needs to figure that out in a hurry.

Her only possible means of revenge would be to kill Abel.  I doubt she could do it and I doubt she is cold blooded and vindictive enough to consider the option.  Even then it would be a matter of taking massive damage herself by losing a son to hurt her enemy.

Cogidubnus

When lovely woman stoops to folly, and finds too late that men betray, what charm can soothe her melancholy? What art can her guilt wash away?

:<

Jigsaw Forte

So then why chuck her through the table? The hell of it?

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on June 05, 2007, 10:37:58 PM

He must be Irish.

Netrogo

Oh great, here comes the march of angry 'Duur I'm offended' people. I can hear them all now :mowdizzy
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Duur, I'm offended.

... Not. Heck, I'm not even Irish, why would I be offended? However, it might be a good idea if people stopped posting stereotypes, eh? Not a good habit to get into, and if it keeps happening, the mods will be forced to pay attention, and nobody wants that, right?

Note that that is non-specific, as yet - there's more than one of you, and I'm making it a general announcement, rather than singling anyone out.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

*Charline is pleased with the level of evil in the comic... and the Irish jokes*  Excellent...  >:3

*Charline's a meanie through and through!*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

GabrielsThoughts

I'm not sure, but  the wording might be better if you changed it to.

"one day 'when you' die of old age "

other than that I'm still  waiting to see May turn into a nasty Creature class something with sharp pointy teeth, and shadow magic. Just to see the Cid/Aniz squirm.

Edit: She is still wearing that purple gem necklace, I don't beleive amber has ruled out the possibility of it having a disguise field attached like with Kria
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: Zorro on June 05, 2007, 10:32:09 PMSometimes you come up against someone you just can't beat and you had best figure it out and minimize the damages.

May REALLY needs to figure that out in a hurry.

It's the human reaction to these sorts of things.  It's not the goal that matters.  What matters is the struggle.

Quote from: Zorro on June 05, 2007, 10:32:09 PMHer only possible means of revenge would be to kill Abel.  I doubt she could do it and I doubt she is cold blooded and vindictive enough to consider the option.  Even then it would be a matter of taking massive damage herself by losing a son to hurt her enemy.

It sounds like Aniz doesn't want to kill her.  If she killed Abel, she would be toast.

I'm still trying to figure this out.  Either Aniz really does love May and he's trying to make sure that she doesn't follow him (which doesn't make all that much sense to me), or May is in on this.  The stuff on the desk seems to have been brushed aside before May hit it, which may be an indication that she knows more than she's letting on (or I'm being nitpicky, in which case, ignore this sentence).

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 05, 2007, 10:49:52 PMI'm not sure, but  the wording might be better if you changed it to.

"one day 'when you' die of old age "

Amber's wording is better.  Don't make me explain why.  It would be boring.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

....... this is beyond any assholery that Aniz has commited so far. This. Is. Just. Cruel.
Abel will NOT sit still for this, of that I am absolutely certain.

rabid_fox

That was legendary. In fact, that requires Mr. Flibble appreciation

Seriously though. What a wonderful bastard Aniz is. That was ruthless delivery to completely hollow May out before he tossed her away like yesterday's paper.

Speaking from a purely professional point of view, that is the single most intense dramatic one-liner I've seen Amber come out with. Gold star from the English teacher.

Oh dear.

Sunblink

I'm with Rabid_Fox and Mr. Flibble on this one, but at the same time I'm torn between my adoration for beautiful, strong May and blatantly evil, ruthless Aniz.

I'm not sure who to root for, but in May's case, when it comes to an elderly Being woman with no combat training to speak of against a powerful and dangerous Cubi, I think it's safe to say that if she attempts anything further she'll be knocked back down again. If she's still alright, that is.

Wonderful dialogue, by the way. Delightfully evil and hurtful... I'll need to take notes. :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Azraelle

This made me think of the song by Drowning Pool:

"If you wanna step up (step up) you're gonna get knocked down (knocked down) ...
If you wanna step up (step up) you're gonna get knocked down (knocked down) ...

You have your chance to walk away, live to see another day ..."

The throw is more of dismissing her, letting her know what he is capable of and yet will not be doing to her, unless she wants to aggravate him further.

Naldru

I'm beginning to wonder if Amber is leading up to some moral lesson on judging people.  In the previous village, the townsfolk had made judgements about May that were hurtful and spiteful.  Devin was viewed as a nasty character in the beginning, but turned out to be a decent fellow.  Kria was introduced as a very nice and pleasant teacher, but grows up to become someone for whom the words kind and innocent do not seem appropriate.

Currently, all the readers seem to be judging Aniz.  If there is such a pattern forming, I think that it is safe to say that Amber has planned a major plot twist, and all of the readers (or nearly all) will find their beliefs to be incorrect.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

MaskedRetriever

Second Panel:  WEDDING RING!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

kaskar

:mowignore        In this line of thought, some think that Aniz is going to use the thumbscrews of time, to torture May in what may be consided a hopeless situation. Aniz may be wrong here. May has a loving son, and is well adjusted and known in the Zvinth community. Aniz is not known in this town, as such, only Cid, and now Aniz has blown his cover.

:mowsmile           Aniz has also blown his cover to someone outside the family. He lost his trump card in taking the mask off in front of a witness. I think that he may be a lot of big talk and bullying at the moment, he will have to sit down at the horse blanket to work out a deal, with May, Abel, maybe Miss Soulseeker and a few sympathetic " friends of the family ". Otherwise he may be lynched in the future by one and all .

:mowhappy          It seems that just trying to be Extra cruel now will hamper what he intended to do. I assume this was to beget a Cubi of his clan, and get him raised to adulthood. He has done that. Job done. However, Abel dislikes Aniz, so the chances of Aniz tutoring Abel in how to be a Cubi get to be a bit impractical.

:mowsmile             If Abel was enrolled as an External student for a Cubi school and tutored by a teaching Cubi ( Shhh ... Don't mention Destina ! ), then I feel that Aniz can reach into his pockets for a few more dollars and have Abel grow to true Cubi adulthood, and for the interests of emotional stability, have May well supported for the rest of her natural life.  For Aniz, Cruel may be fun, but if he does not handle the situation carefully, Cruel may not be smart ... 
8) Just Hanging Around ...

xHaZxMaTx

Fex

*grabs the bat of sensitivity* I am gonna hit some sensivity in Aniz

superluser

Quote from: Naldru on June 06, 2007, 12:08:37 AMCurrently, all the readers seem to be judging Aniz.  If there is such a pattern forming, I think that it is safe to say that Amber has planned a major plot twist, and all of the readers (or nearly all) will find their beliefs to be incorrect.

Hey--I'm the one constantly saying that I don't understand Aniz and think that there's more to this than sheer hatred.

After all, he's really knocking her around, and that would suggest that he hates her.  But if he truly hates her, he would have done her by now.  She presents enough of a threat that if Aniz truly didn't care for her or have some other use for her, he would be well-advised to kill her.

The fact that he doesn't suggests very strongly that he either has some feelings for her or she remains part of his future plans.

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on June 06, 2007, 12:09:26 AMSecond Panel:  WEDDING RING!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

And first panel.  And last panel.  I think they were motifs at one point, but at this point, they're probably just there for continuity.

Think--in the second panel, you have to show Aniz's arm and May's other arm.  One of those has to be a right arm, and the other has to be a left arm.  That means that you are guaranteed that one or the other will have a wedding ring in frame.  The one that looks most like continuing the motif is panel one, where it might be more dramatic to show May's face, resulting in May giving Aniz a right hook instead of a left.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

nikename2

Quote from: Naldru on June 06, 2007, 12:08:37 AM
Currently, all the readers seem to be judging Aniz.  If there is such a pattern forming, I think that it is safe to say that Amber has planned a major plot twist, and all of the readers (or nearly all) will find their beliefs to be incorrect.

After looking through his words I think I'm in agreeance with you. He says he's going to put flowers on May's grave, perhaps all this brutality is Aniz' way of beating the "Cid" out of May and making her a victim of stockholm syndrome where she falls in love with her captor, Aniz. With May under his thumb Abel would have to submit to Aniz. Hennya is probably still a goner though.  :<

MaskedRetriever

I still say this is good cop/bad cop.

Aniz, obviously bad cop.

Good cop?  Well, we haven't seen Destina in this story yet, have we?

Kesh

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on June 05, 2007, 10:37:58 PM

I'm going way out on a limb here, with one of two possibilities:

1) He derives his power from confusion. I personally think this is what Abel derives his energy from as well, but we see the differences in how they get it. Abel likes to throw people off balance by not conforming to social norms, bluntly pointing out social awkwardness and generally just being off-the-wall... but he does so in a way that really isn't harmful to others. His father, on the other hand, seeks confusion through humiliation, terror and intimidation. Note how he's toying with everyone now that the secret is out, making them guess and react to him, then startling them with a new fact or action. This is not the man they thought they knew, and he's playing it to the hilt.

or
2) He's a jerk and just wanted to show off she can't hurt him. :D
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.

Mwa

Wait, where is Hennya? We've not seen her fer a while.
Cowering?