2007-05-21 [788] So that's why the pattern kept changing

Started by superluser, May 21, 2007, 01:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Why isn't Jyrras trying to run away from the awkward discussion?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

Holy crap! AnizInDisguise got it RIGHT ON THE MONEY!

Congrats, Mr. InDisgise!

Swift-Skink

Mind, I imagine Mab would be the same when it came to holding patterns...

kaskar

:mowmeep   My, I liked the way the blanked, unbelieving looks came in ...  :mowmeep 

:mowhappy     Mab no hail this queen except with bullets  :mowhappy

:mowninja       Is this where Mab calls in the expert called Aniz    :mowninja     
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Fuyudenki

I suspect Jy is still too in-shock to run just yet.

Good show, AnizInDisguise.

I suspect Mab is a bit better at keeping her patterns in check than Nutmeg has displayed, though that's mostly because she helped Jyrras develop the magic portion of Patch technology.(at least, it seems that way.)  Apparently, Cubi are much better at holding disguises than Fae.(at least, certain Fae...)

Oh, and Nutmeg, it's really hard to talk to you when you have a spear poking through your chest!(well, aren't we Mr. Picky today!)

RJ

Anime North? o___o

I've heard freeeaaaky things about that con... You should go, Amber :3

Dare you to cosplay too.

Hellcat

Taerkar

She looks kinda like a red panda. Ears, eyes, and tail.

stiletto

I think she looks more like a raccoon. A magenta raccoon; my life needs more magenta.

Fae are so peculiar. Pull their antennas and there's a nuclear explosion. Run a spear through them and they're disappointed.

Nino

Man it's like you guys havn't seen a raccoon D=

We have albino raccoons actually here in slum land. They're awesome.

Hellcat

what about the hooves at her feet, what raccoon has hooves?

Nino

Quote from: ??? (Hellcat) on May 21, 2007, 01:38:38 AM
what about the hooves at her feet, what raccoon has hooves?

http://www.fws.gov/pictures/lineart/bobsavannah/graphics/raccoons.jpg

As you can see their paws are not covered by fur, so I think that is skin. Though honestly I could be wrong.

Zedd

superluser

Quote from: Kattuccino on May 21, 2007, 01:44:32 AMAs you can see their paws are not covered by fur, so I think that is skin. Though honestly I could be wrong.

Nutmeg really does appear to have cloven hooves for hind feet.

Of course, what animal has cloven hooves on the hind legs and paws on the front legs?  Would that make her half-kosher?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Nino

Quote from: superluser on May 21, 2007, 01:52:56 AM
Quote from: Kattuccino on May 21, 2007, 01:44:32 AMAs you can see their paws are not covered by fur, so I think that is skin. Though honestly I could be wrong.

Nutmeg really does appear to have cloven hooves for hind feet.

Of course, what animal has cloven hooves on the hind legs and paws on the front legs?  Would that make her half-kosher?

cloven twice? Because you can see three "toes" on her left leg in panel 1 and 3.

Kenji

Daaaaaay-yam. Fae have a cutie for a queen. :3
With a spear in her chest. That kinda levels down the cuteness.

Grenn

True 'nuff.

But the way Jy-Jy and Lorenda are drawn in the last panel is priceless.  :boogie

kaskar

:mowmeep       Is this the start of Jy-Jy and Lorenda's adventure escape from reality ?   :mowmeep

:mowhappy      Or as it may be said, The Magical Mystery Tour ...  :mowhappy

:mowninja By the way, notice that Mab gains many of the traits of Pip when angry. Note facial characteristics, and the sound of her Grrrrr ..... 

Fex

Quote from: Grenn on May 21, 2007, 03:12:49 AM
True 'nuff.

But the way Jy-Jy and Lorenda are drawn in the last panel is priceless.  :boogie

I would be suprised if they didn't look that way  :3

rabid_fox

So. Mab has further endeared herself to the queen by sticking a spear through her. Not that anybody seems to mind. That's what I like about this comic, how cheerful Nutmeg looks.

Oh dear.

kaskar

:mowmeep   Is this how Mab pushes the price up and now gets a bit of 'leverage', on this Queen Nutmeg.    :mowsad   Nutmeg had Mab thrown out of the fae kingdom all that time ago.    :mowhappy What can she offer Mab that would be a real temptation ? The Throne ? 

Tapewolf

Fantastic.  Well done Amber!

Quote from: Kattuccino on May 21, 2007, 01:37:51 AM
Man it's like you guys havn't seen a raccoon D=
They don't grow in Wales.  (Although there are supposed to be panthers)

Quote from: kaskar on May 21, 2007, 03:56:11 AMWhat can she offer Mab that would be a real temptation ? The Throne ?
It would explain the arc title, wouldn't it?  OTOH if Mab gets the job as queen, she's going to be a bit tied up with running the Fae kingdom and the strip might have to be called DFA instead  >:3
That said, it's most likely a figurehead role like the Queen of England.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Hmm its so sad when your problem is really right front of you when their the one who setted you on the stupid wild goose chase!

kaskar

:mowmeep     I just had a horrible thought, what if Mab's portal ( Dan's closet door ), becomes the royal portal for the fae into the ' Real World ' . Apart from the creature council going bezerk, does Lost Lake become a Royal Tourist attraction to the fae ?  :mowmeep

:mowhappy  Then again, everyone would now be able to go into the fae kingdom, to have the ultimate adventure Mab may have a royal throne and a crown to prove it to one and all . :mowhappy

:mowninja What happens now? Do Dan and Wildy, under royal decree, have DDR set up in the fae kingdom ?  :mowninja

rabid_fox

I'm expecting Azlan to do some serious fawning and simpering to royalty at some time during this arc.

Oh dear.

Kragoth

So it was Mab with a spear in the grasslands who killed Mr. Black! Uh, no, wait, that's Cluedo, I think...

But... way to go, Mab! Sticking a spear through someone's chest is THE way to 'prick' through someone's disguise! Yay for Mab! And for Nutmeg too, for being so cheerful about it all. Hmm... I wonder, do other Fae ever get really mad? Or is it something that only runs in Mab's family?

Oh well, I applaud Amber for keeping up the suspense for all of us who aren't Aniz-in-disguise and pulling off this really unexpected plot twist! Wonder if we're gonna hear about Nutmeg's reason for banning Mab from the Fae Kingdom.

VioletDusk

WhiteFire

The last panel is a great example of (one handful)d6 stun damage.

Zina

Quote from: kaskar on May 21, 2007, 04:11:07 AM
    :mowmeep     I just had a horrible thought, what if Mab's portal ( Dan's closet door ), becomes the royal portal for the fae into the ' Real World ' . Apart from the creature council going bezerk, does Lost Lake become a Royal Tourist attraction to the fae ?  :mowmeep

:mowhappy  Then again, everyone would now be able to go into the fae kingdom, to have the ultimate adventure Mab may have a royal throne and a crown to prove it to one and all . :mowhappy

:mowninja What happens now? Do Dan and Wildy, under royal decree, have DDR set up in the fae kingdom ?  :mowninja

Do you really need to use so many smilies in each of your posts? D:

Goatmon

As a guy who LIVES to disturb people, the last panel made me very happy.