05/16/07 Abel's Story [89] Something for the future

Started by AndersW, May 15, 2007, 11:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Getting farther in the story, and finding Aniz's motives.

superluser

Yuh.  I told you 25 years is too long to spend for the lulz.

It sounds like there's at least one other thing that Aniz wants from Abel besides someone to carry on his line.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

familyghost

Faerie Alex

Jeez I need to update this thing.

AndersW

What I find creepy is that last Saturday I was thinking that Amber could switch the update schedule and do Abel's story updates instead of normal updates and do a normal update next Saturday.  And then we have Bizarro Amber updating this week with that exact schedule.

Thats what you call creepy.

stiletto

Yea, I noticed the ring too...

Aniz is such an interesting fellow. He's evil and creepy yet still goofy. Don't usually see characters like that to such an extent.

And Abel looks rather annoyed.

nikename2

A thought: Mabye Aniz is the clan leader? Or he created his own clan somehow?

Just throwing that out there.

AndersW

Quote from: familyghost on May 15, 2007, 11:11:40 PM
The Ring is back...
your right the ring isn't in the last couple comics, but it is back in this one.

familyghost

Quote from: AndersW on May 15, 2007, 11:16:49 PM
The Ring is back...
your right the ring isn't in the last couple comics, but it is back in this one.

Yeah, it's making me think there really is some significance behind it.  I bet Aniz tosses it at May before the end is over.

AndersW

Quote from: familyghost on May 15, 2007, 11:18:15 PM
The Ring is back...

Yeah, it's making me think there really is some significance behind it.  I bet Aniz tosses it at May before the end is over.
That would only be adding insult to injury.  So it is likely that he does it.

familyghost

Quote from: AndersW on May 15, 2007, 11:21:33 PM
That would only be adding insult to injury.  So it is likely that he does it.

Yup, it does seem to be in character for what we know of him.

Also,  I love your avatar, Fa'lina rocks.

superluser

Quote from: familyghost on May 15, 2007, 11:11:40 PMThe Ring is back...

Because we didn't see his left hand.  I don't see how the ring would have any significance in 86, but there it is, as well.

As to what may happen with the ring, I don't know, but I'm sure that it would be a b*tch to get that thing caught on something.

AndersW

Quote from: familyghost on May 15, 2007, 11:23:40 PM
Also,  I love your avatar, Fa'lina rocks.
I took the image from the mind reading pages.  I am working on getting an avatar for every circle her head is in.  But getting the transparency right so that it doesn't look terrible is time consuming and a pain in the butt.  My description of Photoshop explains it well "You beat it with a stick until it gives you what you want.  No mater how long that takes."

multani82

It seems Aniz knows perhaps of abel's future. Isn't abel destined to fight a dragon?

Fuyudenki

Man, those villains love to talk.  I like how Cloud handled it in Advent Children.

Rufus: You see, cloud--
Cloud: I'm leaving.

But yes, this update does explain what many of us(not me, personally, but many others) were theorizing: that Aniz isn't just goofing around, he's got bigger plans.

nikename2

Quote from: multani82 on May 15, 2007, 11:32:22 PM
It seems Aniz knows perhaps of abel's future. Isn't abel destined to fight a dragon?

I believe he already did fight Pyroduck in the mainline, he was gaining the upper hand too.

AndersW

Quote from: superluser on May 15, 2007, 11:29:19 PM
Quote from: familyghost on May 15, 2007, 11:11:40 PMThe Ring is back...

Because we didn't see his left hand.  I don't see how the ring would have any significance in 86, but there it is, as well.

As to what may happen with the ring, I don't know, but I'm sure that it would be a b*tch to get that thing caught on something.
My browser was loading 86 from the local cache and the ring wasn't there.  But when I hit refresh it showed up.

Hawk

I'm honestly getting a little impatient... I really want to know what Aniz really wants, but he beats around the bush so much the bush is on its own tiny island by now.

Swift-Skink

superluser

Quote from: Hawk on May 15, 2007, 11:37:06 PMI really want to know what Aniz really wants, but he beats around the bush so much the bush is on its own tiny island by now.

Give him a break.  I doubt it's even been three minutes since the fake heart attack.

Hawk

Time enough for Abel to twice demand what he wants, and he still dances around the question like a pretty little ballerina with a goatee.  Eh, he's a villain, I guess it's his job to torture me.

familyghost

Quote from: Hawk on May 15, 2007, 11:45:09 PM
Time enough for Abel to twice demand what he wants, and he still dances around the question like a pretty little ballerina with a goatee.  Eh, he's a villain, I guess it's his job to torture me.

Yes, yes it is, now let him get his union demanded gloat time.

stiletto

Hey, you're right, magical reappearing ring in number 86. That was the most awesome refresh I've done in some time.

And Aniz has been working on this for 25 years. I suppose he has a bit of right to drag this out some. After all, he did put a lot of work into it.

Goatmon

Quote from: AndersW on May 15, 2007, 11:14:46 PM
What I find creepy is that last Saturday I was thinking that Amber could switch the update schedule and do Abel's story updates instead of normal updates and do a normal update next Saturday.  And then we have Bizarro Amber updating this week with that exact schedule.

Thats what you call creepy.

o_o

That IS creepy. 

Moonfrost

:) That's where my mind went when I saw the first panel... :giggle

*EDIT* Anyone know how to fix edges in Photoshop so they don't look so pixilated? :( I used to have an add-on that did it for me but it doesnt work anymore :cry

Zedd

Just like any father wants his son to do..Passing on the torch

Grenn

Well I for one fully support the all Abel's story updates for the week and mainline story on the weekend. It would seem that more readers are interested in the Abel arc then the "main" one at the moment. :)

:cheers
So, good one Amber!

nikename2

This does kind of make you wonder though. The whole point of his charade was Abel. He wasn't in this for the kicks, and he definately wasn't in it for the sole purpose of furthering his blood since if he was he would probably have forced others into one night stands as well, his "adventuring" could imply that, but being in a small community for the most part, I don't think it would be the most prudent decision. Its possible he's done that though, but from his words it seems like Abel was his main project.

Why would Aniz go through all this trouble, he doesn't seem like the type who would follow orders, he seems very reckless. Abel is important to him though. I don't know, I think Aniz is Abel's clan leader, and that perhaps Aniz is running out of time. Its possible that through most of Aniz' life he did whatever he wanted, never putting in the time or thought to really form a solid clan with many members, and the people that did end up with his blood were the results of his "fun". Now though his own mortality is finally catching up with him so in Abel he wants to keep some part of his true self alive. Its pure speculation, but I think the only reason Aniz did this is because he's running out of time.

superluser

Quote from: Moonfrost on May 16, 2007, 12:07:14 AM*EDIT* Anyone know how to fix edges in Photoshop so they don't look so pixilated? :( I used to have an add-on that did it for me but it doesnt work anymore :cry

I don't have Photoshop, but that might be difficult in that image.  A thin white border against a magenta background is going to be difficult to control in JPEG compression.  You might consider changing the subsampling to 1x1x1 (or 4:4:4).  It will make color bleeding easier to control.

Make sure it's antialiasing everything, and you might want to make the border thicker.

Quote from: Xeksue on May 16, 2007, 12:18:42 AMIts possible that through most of Aniz' life he did whatever he wanted, never putting in the time or thought to really form a solid clan with many members, and the people that did end up with his blood were the results of his "fun". Now though his own mortality is finally catching up with him so in Abel he wants to keep some part of his true self alive. Its pure speculation, but I think the only reason Aniz did this is because he's running out of time.

That's an interesting theory.  Aniz feels compelled to have kids out of duty, and he thinks he's ready for it, but he doesn't have the maturity for it, as he's discovering now.

Manawolf

And yet we have seen no ways in which he tried raising Abel to be evil.  Parents are highly influential, but only while the child is young.  He had years, and while Abel has grown up to be something of a dick in the future, he is not an asshole.

You wait so long, and yet he hardly did anything to help in his goal except wait for the boy to grow up.