Hmm... intresting.... (old comic revisited)

Started by RobbieThe1st, May 13, 2007, 06:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

Ok, well, if this has been discussed before, sorry, please delete this topic.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_193.php

I think the evil text says:
Say, where is dp?

Again?
bummer...
Last night, I saw it and said to myself "hey, that looks like Lovecraft's diary font", and translating it, it makes sense.
Now, I am not sure if anyone else noticed this before, but it was obviously before this forum's time, so yea..
This comic by RHJunior was where i first saw this script, and the same image I used to decode the script: http://www.rhjunior.com/totq/Images/00113.png

I hope someone finds use for this information. ^_^

-Robbie

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Goatmon

rabid_fox

This reminds me of the Red Dwarf scene where they went to a world where time went backwards. Some of the dialogue that got backtracked in it was absolutely hilarious, along the lines of "In the episode this will look like I'm shouting at you. But I'm not shouting at you, I'm shouting at the one sad git that is playing this backwards to hear what I'm saying. You get a life".

Also, the "strawberry yoghurt" incident from that one Radiohead video.

Good times. Good times.

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"I'm just going to step behind a bush..."

Tapewolf

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 13, 2007, 08:04:41 AM

This reminds me of the Red Dwarf scene where they went to a world where time went backwards. Some of the dialogue that got backtracked in it was absolutely hilarious, along the lines of "In the episode this will look like I'm shouting at you. But I'm not shouting at you, I'm shouting at the one sad git that is playing this backwards to hear what I'm saying. You get a life".

I've got to try that sometime.  I did it with A night at the opera where two of them are pretending to be Russian aviators and everything they say is backwards (presumably through sound-on-film manipulation because it predates tape).  I was disappointed to find that they were speaking their actual lines.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LionHeart

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 13, 2007, 09:14:07 AM
Quote from: rabid_fox on May 13, 2007, 08:04:41 AM

I've got to try that sometime.

Someone already has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fRYLiuBGRg
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

rabid_fox

It were an extra on the DVD. Subliminal messages. God love them.

Oh dear.

Aurawyn

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on May 13, 2007, 06:58:12 AM
Ok, well, if this has been discussed before, sorry, please delete this topic.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_193.php

I think the evil text says:
Say, where is dp?

Again?
bummer...
Last night, I saw it and said to myself "hey, that looks like Lovecraft's diary font", and translating it, it makes sense.
Now, I am not sure if anyone else noticed this before, but it was obviously before this forum's time, so yea..
This comic by RHJunior was where i first saw this script, and the same image I used to decode the script: http://www.rhjunior.com/totq/Images/00113.png

I hope someone finds use for this information. ^_^

-Robbie

Haha, Thanks!

I always wondered what that thing was saying in that page..

GabrielsThoughts

oh god, that show is more obscure than Dr.Who...

all I can remember about it is that it was a parody of Star Trek, and the robot guy said something like  "of course I believe in an afterlife, where would all the calculators go?" in one episode.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on May 17, 2007, 12:10:00 AM
oh god, that show is more obscure than Dr.Who...
In the US, probably.  It was a big hit in the UK, though - I think it ran for about 7 years.

Quoteall I can remember about it is that it was a parody of Star Trek, and the robot guy said something like  "of course I believe in an afterlife, where would all the calculators go?" in one episode.
Heh.  A couple of years ago I could have given you the exact episode...  Ah well.  I think it was from series 3 though.

I think my favourite was the one where Rimmer contracts a computer virus and becomes insane.  Every time I see the Linux penguin I'm reminded of Mr. Flibble.  Thinking about it, I'm fairly sure that's where South Park got Mr. Hat from. 

Rimmer: What should we do to them?  [Puts Mr. Flibble to his ear]
Rimmer: [Horrified expression]  Oh no.  Who'd clear up the mess?

Rimmer: [Makes strange sound]  If there is one thing I can't stand it's crazy people.
Lister: Well we've passed the test, Rimmer. You can let us out.
Rimmer: I can't let you out.
Lister: Why not?
Rimmer: Because the King of the Potato People won't let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here for ten years.
Cat: Could we see him?
Rimmer: See who?
Cat: The king.
Rimmer: Do you have a magic carpet?
Lister: Yeah, a three-seater.
Rimmer: So, let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you call yourselves sane.

...but I digress.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I really should go hunt up all 6 or 7 seasons of it and do a marathon.

That'd be a way to utterly screw with my kids mind - get him watching that. :-]

AndersW

That was an awesome show.  I love the end of the backwards episode when cat goes to the bathroom(and everything goes backwards)