04/22/07 Abel's Story [83] What to say

Started by AndersW, April 21, 2007, 11:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Cid is having a Heart attack I think.  This doesn't look good at all.  If Cid dies, Abel is going to feel totally helpless.

Kenji

Nonsense, he's obviously got a chest burster. It's that darned egg salad, I swear...

EDIT: ChestBURSTER, not burger... X3

bill

techmaster-glitch

OH TEH NOES! Heart attack! DON'T DIE ON US CID!

bill

Manawolf

There you go, riling up the old man's blood.  Thanks for making Abel's worst day of his life all the more horrible.

Fuyudenki

Wait, I've seen this before, on Superman!

My guess is that Cid dies, and the story behind Abel's conception becomes irrelevant, so nobody ever finds out.

Or Cid dies, and May explains everything to Abel before kicking the bucket herself because she's lost the will to live.

or the next Abel comic is another fast-forward to Abel's enrollment at SAIA.

Actually, I'm putting my money on D: None of the Above.  The mere fact that I've suggested any of them automatically makes all of them invalid.

Shame for Abel, though.  As if his life weren't rough enough at this point.

Nino

Quote from: BillBuckner on April 21, 2007, 11:13:56 PM
Call Gregory House!  :cry

WIN

Edit: Though House is a diagnostician, and it's clearly a heart attack, with most likely a simple cause. But it does seem like an opening scene from the show =P

superluser

I gotta say, I love the EKG background in panel 5.  And the return of the ring.

Speculation later, when I can think of some. (unless Cid's finally getting his wings)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: superluser on April 21, 2007, 11:28:35 PM
Speculation later, when I can think of some. (unless Cid's finally getting his wings)

..... Are you suggesting that Cid is about to sprout wings from his chest?!?!?  :erk

AndersW

In the last comic it showed Cid with his wedding ring, in this comic it shows May with her wedding ring. 
Just thought I'd bring it up.

bill

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 21, 2007, 11:31:11 PM
Quote from: superluser on April 21, 2007, 11:28:35 PM

..... Are you suggesting that Cid is about to sprout wings from his chest?!?!?  :erk
No, he's about to have an alien burst out from his chest. D:

Zedd

Oh frig like they say at this moment...

bill

techmaster-glitch

kaskar

What do we see next ? Cid , at the moment is looking as if he is having a heart attack, and may die, what would happen if a set of wings now sprouted out of Cid's head ? Cubi have hidden wings on their head. Is Cid a Cubi ? That would explain to many, including May, why Abel is a Cubi . Every family has it's little secrets ...........
8) Just Hanging Around ...

nikename2

Quote from: BillBuckner on April 21, 2007, 11:33:24 PM
Quote from: Zedd on April 21, 2007, 11:32:52 PM
Oh frig like they say at this moment...
"HOLY SHIT CALL A DOCTOR"?

Eh, I'd call the priest, or shaman. It doesn't look like he'll last long enough for the doctor to arrive.

One thing is kinda bothering me though in the last panel, why would May's last word not have exclamation points after it unless she knew it was too late and about to burst into tears....or if it was gonna go into one of those tunnel moments for Cid where it has an inner monologe on his regrets before dying like how it was for Dan when he flatlined for a little bit.

Fuyudenki

Oh, I forgot, and it's a bit late to go back and edit now.

Happy half-anniversary to Amber and Mason Williams.

Regal

Saying this is the worst day of Abel's life is such an understatement.

superluser

Quote from: BillBuckner on April 21, 2007, 11:32:19 PMNo, he's about to have an alien burst out from his chest. D:

Dear emoticon makers: Can we please have the Spaceballs chest burster dancing?

Quote from: AndersW on April 21, 2007, 11:31:47 PMIn the last comic it showed Cid with his wedding ring, in this comic it shows May with her wedding ring. 
Just thought I'd bring it up.

Already caught it, in the last thread and this one.  Perhaps symbolism that Cid's was in the last strip, and May's in this one?

Quote from: Xeksue on April 21, 2007, 11:39:47 PMOne thing is kinda bothering me though in the last panel, why would May's last word not have exclamation points after it unless she knew it was too late and about to burst into tears

Or if she were trying to calm Cid down.  Yelling things can't be helping.  After all, which would you prefer to have be your final moments?  Some guy in a liplock around you or some guy giving you a backrub (sorry, just had to do it)?

Maybe May isn't sure that Cid will make it, and is comforting him just in case.

Quote from: Fuyudenki on April 21, 2007, 11:41:45 PMOh, I forgot, and it's a bit late to go back and edit now.

Happy half-anniversary to Amber and Mason Williams.

Indeed.  I don't know what married people do on anniversaries or half-anniversaries (OK, what *other* things), but do it well.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

kaskar

Yes, he has had a few really bad days, with death and destruction, and now , is Abel's life going to become even worse with the mental and maybe physical trauma in the family ?

devilsislegrl

NOOOOOOOO!  CLIFFHANGERS! Bwaaaaaarrghhhaaaaa...*writhes on floor in agony, then lays there, twitching*

kaskar

This Comic Strip is based around cliffhangers . From ' Janus Bond " , to Dan's Adventures, and even Abel'story . A comic relies on cliff hangeres and, of course, the good old, Bam, Thwak, Boom, etc... to get really good drama ...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: kaskar on April 22, 2007, 12:32:26 AM
From ' Janus Bond " , to even Janus having a cold spell  in # 112 .

I think you mean "Jyrras" there...

RJ

... :(

Oh noes!

And Happy 6-Month Anniversary, Amber and Mason. :) You two are awesome.

kaskar

Cid looks as if he is ailing fast.   What is May to do now ???

GabrielsThoughts

Wild Speculation: not wanting to give up his identity Cid tries to put up a smoke screen, unfortunately a heart attack being the side effect for long term transformation (I'm guessuing holding a being form for more than 20+ years has caught up with him), Cid looses control of transformation and we have another Cubi...a dead Cubi.

or Cid isn't  having a "normal"  heart attack the blood contract he made in a parallel dimension or past life is is about to reveal itself, and we now have one of those "Sailor saturn is possessed by mistress 9" deals. Wherein Cid is Saturn and the dark hand or claw guiding Kria from the shadows is none other than Cid's other personality.

or we have the three faces of eve scenario where Cid is a looney has a dissociative identity disorder , Cid was unable to cope with the reality that he was a Cubi and his mind split in half...

or Cid is a being who is dieing because Amber is or was  planning on killing off another character, because he was no longer essential to the story as anything other than dead weight. 

or Cid is the being, May is DarthVader and she is using 'the force' to crush his heart because he is arguing with her.

whatever the case may, Cid, enjoy the afterlife.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: kaskar on April 22, 2007, 12:55:55 AM
              The Jyrras character is played as if he is going to be eternally 'cute' . However, I feel that the character can be expanded quite a long way. His profile is adaptable to many conditions, apart from one . And that one is being termed " cute " by pandering females . It embarresses him, and also is harmful to his health, as he gets winded every time he is squeezed ...

....what the heck does any of that have to do with the fact(or at least freaking good acting) that Cid is having a heart attack? o_0?

Azraelle

I predict more of the thought reading that Abel experienced as Devin was dying.  Which of course will send him over the edge.  Again.

kaskar

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 22, 2007, 01:06:06 AM
Quote from: kaskar on April 22, 2007, 12:55:55 AM
Sorry about that all, it seems my posts got mixed as Cid feels as if he's failing and ailing fast .....

....what the heck does any of that have to do with the fact(or at least freaking good acting) that Cid is having a heart attack? o_0?
Just hope Cid does not die on the stage ...