04/21/07, Abel's Story #82, "First Assumptions"

Started by Sunblink, April 20, 2007, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_84.php

Things didn't quite get as explosive as I originally thought they would, but they are definitely heating up, that's for sure. Excellent work on May's expressions there, Amber-you can practically feel her anger there.

I find it rather ironic that Cid's wedding ring is displayed on his hand there.

Go go gadget SPECULATION!

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Bloodwish

Looks like I called it... or so it seems...  :boogie

Zedd

Rythak

Distracting

I gotta comment on the dialogue. I've had countless instances where I was in a little fight with someone and couldn't even get a word in. Then again, I have gone on tangents like that myself.

I wonder what Abel thinks of all this.

Rythak

Quote from: HeroZero on April 20, 2007, 10:11:05 PM
I wonder what Abel thinks of all this.
I think abel may still be unaware somewhere off in his own state of mind permanently traumatized by what he saw and heard earlier.

Azraelle

*checks a map of Egypt* hmm, anyone able to spot denial?  Nope?  Me either.  Looks like the "Cid's not the father" theory just got stronger.  Not perfectly air-tight solid yet, but it's definitely supporting more weight.  And how can I squeeze more metaphors into this paragraph?

Sunblink

Quote from: Azraelle on April 20, 2007, 10:28:51 PM
*checks a map of Egypt* hmm, anyone able to spot denial?  Nope?  Me either.  Looks like the "Cid's not the father" theory just got stronger.  Not perfectly air-tight solid yet, but it's definitely supporting more weight.  And how can I squeeze more metaphors into this paragraph?

I'm pretty sure that May's hurt indignation is denial enough on her end, in my personal opinion.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Azraelle

But she didn't really deny Cid's implication of her sleeping around, and in fact she admits to doing "foolish and selfish things" in her youth.

Uh oh ...  *turns chair* Captain, I'm getting some strange readings ... there's increased activity on the flashback sensors.  Seems to be centralized around May's teenage years, at heading 1-3-7-mark-2-3.

Reese Tora

My prediction of Cid's next line:
:shapeshifters

Well, maybe not quite like that, but it does look like Cid is about to explain what a 'cubi is to May.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

RJ

Aurawyn

Fuyudenki

I am thoroughly amused that the  :shapeshifters speech bubble is used enough to merit smileyhood on this forum.

Now, I'm no authority on women, but I think an ideal course of action for Cid at this point would be *grab* *smooch.*

Anything unexpected, really.  The unexpected when used as a distraction is a wonderous tool.

That said, I think the author is probably a very good authority on women, who has a much better idea, and looks like she's going to let us know what that is within a couple of hours.  Looks like I'm going to bed late tonight.

Faerie Alex

Something tells me that  :shapeshifters isn't going to come up. May's lines seem to imply that she knew that it wasn't Cid.

Claws o' May seem more likely to me.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Alan Garou

Poor May. I can really see the feeling of betrayal in her expression.

ShiningShadow

I could feel for May when Cid made those accusations. I think we are getting a flashback of May to see any connections.

But in the case of Cid not being the father is getting strong at this point he's not admiting it.

Who knows what will happens next.

kaskar

I wonder where abel and hennya are now. Probably now in the next room. we may learn more in the next page to come
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Nino

I am 100% sure at this point that May is not the father.

Kenji

Quote from: Kattuccino on April 21, 2007, 12:00:06 AM
I am 100% sure at this point that May is not the father.

I certainly hope so. I don't want any Mabby Springer episodes coming on...

techmaster-glitch

The theory now bumbed up to most likely: May DOES know she slept with someone, but may/may not know that someone was a cubi.

LoneHowler

perhaps the gestation of a cubi child is longer than a normal beings
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Nino

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 21, 2007, 12:13:58 AM

Or if once you 'do it' with a cubi that cubi gene will transfer to all your offspring, so Abel could still be Cid's child. It's a stretch though.

kaskar

Quote from: Kattuccino on April 21, 2007, 12:16:18 AM

Or if once you 'do it' with a cubi that cubi gene will transfer to all your offspring, so Abel could still be Cid's child. It's a stretch though.
Anythings possible, but the years in growing up are reasonably standard. ( or substandard in Dan's case )

Reese Tora

In that case, Dan's days as an adventurer may have spread his clan's genes far and wide.  :shifty

I don't think that likely, since cubi, traditionally, are sex demons.  I think that,w ere this the case, the world of furrae would be quickly overrun by 'cubi from being parents taht at one time did it with a cubi.

I think that the most likely cause is still May being tricked or outright forced (and magically made to forget) by an incubus.  Then again, who knows what plot twist Amber will throw at us. >:3
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Nino

Quote from: Reese Tora on April 21, 2007, 12:33:30 AM

In that case, Dan's days as an adventurer may have spread his clan's genes far and wide.  :shifty

I don't think that likely, since cubi, traditionally, are sex demons.  I think that,w ere this the case, the world of furrae would be quickly overrun by 'cubi from being parents taht at one time did it with a cubi.

I think that the most likely cause is still May being tricked or outright forced (and magically made to forget) by an incubus.  Then again, who knows what plot twist Amber will throw at us. >:3

Well what I'm saying is that it wouldn't be like that normally, but maybe there is some sort of spell that allows a cubi to do so. And I don't know that in Amber's world Cubi are sex demons... I think that's just a stereotype?

Anyway, I just say that in the first place because it seems like if May had done it with someone else within a couple months before her pregnancy, she would have understood most likely, and Cid would have KNOWN (considering it seems May hasn't hid anything).

Ouai

Who called the "may slept with someone else knowingly"?
Well whoever did, nice call  ;)

superluser

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on April 20, 2007, 09:56:17 PMI find it rather ironic that Cid's wedding ring is displayed on his hand there.

Not ironic.  Appropriate.

Quote from: LoneHowler on April 21, 2007, 12:13:58 AMperhaps the gestation of a cubi child is longer than a normal beings

I was going to suggest that.

Also:

1.) I do believe that I called that Cid would not be upset over May's infidelity.
2.) It sounds like May's infidelity happened before they were married.

If I were Cid, my next move would be to give May a giant bear hug, with my arms around hers, rest my head on her shoulder, and whisper, ``May, you never have to prove yourself.  Never.''

...excuse me, I think I have something in my eye.

Ah, it's tears.  From all the crying I've been doing.  I guess that's why they're in my eyes.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

Well, Cid looks pissed that May's taking this too far. By the way I read his words, it seems he doesn't really care, but May's gone into rant mode.

wussycat

I think someone put a curse on Cid's seed so that his offspring would be cubi.

kaskar

Ah welll ......