2007-04-11 [fashion01] Rule of modesty

Started by superluser, April 11, 2007, 12:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Ooh!  This should be very enlightening for Abel's story.

Edit: Psst.  I'm not going to start the thread for strip 773.  Because I assume that someone else will...right?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aridas

Other than the fashion comic, I think we know who's an expert knitter now...

Zedd

Dont suppose anyone has something else in mind? And I dont see Kria knitting anything but your uprising coming chance of doom!

Fex

ooo maybe she knits an sweater with a Doomed symbol on it

Azraelle

Who better to teach a lesson in modesty than someone who never wears clothes!

Taross

There are rules of modesty?

Then how come Abel, Dan and company haven't been arrested for breaking the rules? Modest they are not. Sound like Yoda early in the mornings I do.

Brunhidden

nothing wrong with asbestos clothing is there?

for all we know shes a real fashion freak and has the fashion network on all day at her shop. i know people like that- they watch the food network but only eat mac'n'cheez or they watch every nasscar and monster truck show on the air but drive a rusted out shitbox of a pinto. the most common are the people who watch many home improvement shows, have a complete library of how to books and many many MANY many tools, but their house is in such disrepair you are afraid to play loud music....my parents fall into that category.

QuoteTo a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Wanderer

Quote from: Taross on April 11, 2007, 02:06:00 AM

Then how come Abel, Dan and company haven't been arrested for breaking the rules? Modest they are not.
By OUR rules of modesty. You're making the mistake of assuming Furrae folks judge by those same rules.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on April 11, 2007, 02:09:45 AM
... but their house is in such disrepair you are afraid to play loud music....my parents fall into that category.

... given the "worst DIYer in the UK" show that was on tv here in the yuk last year, I wouldn't be surprised at that at all.

A group of people who, for example, could not manage to put together a kit set of furniture. Provided instructions, they managed to bend screws, and fell back on half a dozen 8 inch nails hammered through the joint of the bed randomly... Or just threw the whole set of drawers out the window in disgust...

Downright scary just -how- incompetent some people can be, whilst claiming that they're "good at this, honest". Let's not mention the way all three of them started removing a sink without turning off the water first...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Taross

Quote from: Wanderer on April 11, 2007, 06:13:23 AM
Quote from: Taross on April 11, 2007, 02:06:00 AM

Then how come Abel, Dan and company haven't been arrested for breaking the rules? Modest they are not.
By OUR rules of modesty. You're making the mistake of assuming Furrae folks judge by those same rules.

I'm also not talking modesty as in clothing. ^^^

ShiningShadow

I can't wait for the fashion sense from our lovable Matilda and besides she's hot when she is modest *WOOT!*.

Alan Garou

I love the coy smile she has in the last panel. And who better to teach us about Furrae fashion than one who doesn't wear clothes?

Illusionist

"Everything was on fire"

I love that line.

Zedd

Non freindly fabric places is maybe where streaking is an option and a birthright!

Alondro

*Charles gasps!*  Matilda came from Mount Doom!   :U  She was spawned from the destruction of the One Ring!   :U  This sentence is useless!   :U

*Charline strolls casually down mainstreet, totally nekkid*  Merow?  Furrae has modesty?!  Uh-oh... *hoard of prudish Furrae folk chase her with torches and pitchforks.. and cameras.   ;)*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Saist

Quote from: Alondro on April 11, 2007, 12:38:38 PM

*Charline strolls casually down mainstreet, totally nekkid*  Merow?  Furrae has modesty?!  Uh-oh... *hoard of prudish Furrae folk chase her with torches and pitchforks.. and cameras.   ;)*

Oh look, Charline is eating Fast Food again today...

Nino

You'd think that Matilda would want to wear clothes now though since she's naturally adapted for a hot environment and they'd probably keep her warmer. Or perhaps her skin just serves as an insulator for both hot and cold?

Speaking of which, is Matilda actually scaly or is it just skin? Because if it was scaley there'd be no need for clothes for modesty...nothing to hide that's not already hidden =P Of course, that reminds me of another question, as to whether Matilda's boobage actually serves a purpose other than "Oh, female character." I don't think reptiles lactate.

Gah, I think way too much.

Aleolus

I think their main purpose is the "Oh, female" that you mentioned, but no matter where you look, females almost always have breasts of some sort, regardless of their origins.  And as for Matilda's skin, it looks like amphibious-type skin to me.

GabrielsThoughts

does Furcadia have an Emo/rivethead/warzie/trekkie population.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ShiningShadow

If Matilda will explain fashion sense will she also explain the wardrobe malfunction, and other thing you wont be caught dead wearing? >:3

Kenji

Quote from: ShiningShadow on April 11, 2007, 11:29:37 PM
If Matilda will explain fashion sense will she also explain the wardrobe malfunction, and other thing you wont be caught dead wearing? >:3

She could talk about parachute pants and leg warmers for all I care about, just so long as she looks cute while doing it.

Taross

Quote from: je.saist on April 11, 2007, 01:33:26 PM

I always thought 'Fast Food' was dinner you couldn't catch...

Arcalane

Quote from: Taross on April 12, 2007, 02:03:17 AMI always thought 'Fast Food' was dinner you couldn't catch...

Try a crossbow. Or a harpoon gun. >:3

Saist

Quote from: Taross on April 12, 2007, 02:03:17 AM
Quote from: je.saist on April 11, 2007, 01:33:26 PM

well, I guess she'd be getting it to go then.

I always thought 'Fast Food' was dinner you couldn't catch...

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Kenji on April 11, 2007, 11:31:46 PM

She could talk about parachute pants and leg warmers for all I care about, just so long as she looks cute while doing it.

Here, here  :cheers hmmmmm Maltilda in leg warmers on each leg very sexy and hot *WOOT!* how about poodle skirts, thin ties, and the cyndi lauper look in the eighties I see supermodel in Matilda future *DOUBLE WOOT!*.  >:3

Saist

Quote from: ShiningShadow on April 12, 2007, 01:02:33 PM
Quote from: Kenji on April 11, 2007, 11:31:46 PM

Here, here  :cheers hmmmmm Maltilda in leg warmers on each leg very sexy and hot *WOOT!* how about poodle skirts, thin ties, and the cyndi lauper look in the eighties I see supermodel in Matilda future *DOUBLE WOOT!*.  >:3

*phone rings, Alexsi picks it up*

Alexsi : Hey Dan! It's your wife on Line 1! She's in Jamaica for a Photo Shoot and would like you to fly down there for lunch!

Mab : Oooh! Dan, are you going to be the underwear model again?

Wildy : I heard that it was a swimsuit issue?

Dan : ... shut up... just... shut up...

AndersW

Quote from: je.saist on April 12, 2007, 03:31:56 PM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on April 12, 2007, 01:02:33 PM

*phone rings, Alexsi picks it up*

Alexsi : Hey Dan! It's your wife on Line 1! She's in Jamaica for a Photo Shoot and would like you to fly down there for lunch!

Mab : Oooh! Dan, are you going to be the underwear model again?

Wildy : I heard that it was a swimsuit issue?

Dan : ... shut up... just... shut up...

Dan doesn't fly, he has Fi.

Stygian

Firstly, somehow I just can't envision Dan married. Secondly, I really think being any sort of mythos is not so convenient when you're off buying clothes.

And thirdly, I just want to say that there are a few of us who are fortunate enough to look better with an open shirt or no shirt at all.

...I'm looking at you, Charline! >:3