02/04/2007 (769) Embarrassing Parent

Started by MT Hazard, April 02, 2007, 03:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Don't you just hate it when that happens? Parents despite being well meaning can make personal crisis's so much worse.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

xHaZxMaTx

Yet the ones who know little act like they know it all.

Turnsky

heh...

on the little amber rant, somebody give her 50cc's of sanity, stat! and a shot of caffeine.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

kaskar

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 02, 2007, 03:25:50 AM
Don't you just hate it when that happens? Parents despite being well meaning can make personal crisis's so much worse.
Yeh, especially when they  knowingly dive into a rant that seems rabid, and you just feel would have been a lot better by youself ...     
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Zedd

Ah parents...Loving and trusting. At public places,highly freaking embaressing. Now to mention of the caffine however, It makes midgits strong as Zeus yet normal people hyper as the Hamburgler!

Kasarn

Valynth

Remember, if you get stuck with your parents in a shop of any kind, try to ditch them as soon as possible.

Amber's rant seems to remind me of something I'm forgetting...  *looks at the clock*  oh yeah, sleep. *collapses, becoming a snoring pile of Valynth*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

kaskar

What are the 10 best ways of ditching a parent ?    ASAP ?

Gornemant

Kaskar:
One being a well placed hit on the back of their neck? :3

devilsislegrl

Call a Distraction, fake right, cut left.

Dard

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 02, 2007, 03:25:50 AM
At least not as worse as possible.
I was half expecting that the rest of the shop was a smoking ruin before Kria even got to Lorenda.

Heh. It's a little strange hearing Kria calling somebody else a "fiend".

Zedd

I have one or two last pieces of advice...Grow a beard and Amber go to bed! *fumps onto the wooden table*

superluser

I like how Lorenda's nose goes white with terror in panel 2, and flush with embarrassment in panel 3.

Beyond that, I don't think we know any other demons that Lorenda can ask, other than the aforementioned Regina. but I didn't think she was supposed to show up anytime soon.

Who else...um, there's Dark Pegasus...

Quote from: kaskar on April 02, 2007, 04:30:42 AMWhat are the 10 best ways of ditching a parent ?    ASAP ?

(1) Slip out the back, Jack, (2) Hop on the bus, Gus (3) Drop off the key, Lee...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on April 02, 2007, 06:34:54 AM
Quote from: kaskar on April 02, 2007, 04:30:42 AMWhat are the 10 best ways of ditching a parent ?    ASAP ?
(1) Slip out the back, Jack, (2) Hop on the bus, Gus (3) Drop off the key, Lee...

Paul Simon, "50 ways to leave your lover"
(I miss the 'lyrics game' thread)

Anyway, Kria appears to have resisted entering a kill-frenzy so far - probably she has enough self-control to avoid killing people in public built-up areas very much.  IIRC nearly everyone she's done in so far has been on private property (Jy's house etc) apart from the farmers etc on the nature walk.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

Quote from: kaskar on April 02, 2007, 04:30:42 AM
    What are the 10 best ways of ditching a parent ?    ASAP ?

What killer frenzy will she go on now . Will she try to garrot  Bernadette . What high number scream was given when Kria went into the wrong room ( Lorenda was a type 4 ) . In the changing rooms , do we know if it was Lorenda who screamed, and not Bernardette ? And why do parents make such a big thing out of little incidents ?

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2007, 07:09:27 AMAnyway, Kria appears to have resisted entering a kill-frenzy so far - probably she has enough self-control to avoid killing people in public built-up areas very much.  IIRC nearly everyone she's done in so far has been on private property (Jy's house etc) apart from the farmers etc on the nature walk.

Contrary to what kaskar says, hearing your kid scream is pretty bad.  Kria may have not gotten angry before, but when a mother's kid is in danger, she probably doesn't care about the law or what others may say.  If there's any reason to go on a rampage, surely it's to save your kid.

(Also, ratings of Ways to Leave Your Lover)

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on April 02, 2007, 08:02:30 AM
Contrary to what kaskar says, hearing your kid scream is pretty bad.  Kria may have not gotten angry before, but when a mother's kid is in danger, she probably doesn't care about the law or what others may say.  If there's any reason to go on a rampage, surely it's to save your kid.

It wasn't enough to punch through her work training though, was it?  >:3

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2007, 08:13:36 AMIt wasn't enough to punch through her work training though, was it?  >:3

Er, when was that?  If you're thinking of Abel's story, that wasn't her kid.  It's early, and my brain isn't working yet, so I might be forgetting something.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on April 02, 2007, 08:21:18 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 02, 2007, 08:13:36 AMIt wasn't enough to punch through her work training though, was it?  >:3

Er, when was that?  It's early, and my brain isn't working yet, so I might be forgetting something.

Go back a couple of strips:  http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_767.php

kaskar

I wonder will we ever get a list of all the scream types, and their numbered type ...

Alondro

*Charline bah*  Demons with huge wings are just compensating for 'other' deficiencies.   ;)

*Charles erms*  So what do Lorenda's teeny little wings imply in that case?   :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Stygian

Quote from: Alondro on April 02, 2007, 09:35:32 AM
*Charline bah*  Demons with huge wings are just compensating for 'other' deficiencies.   ;)

*Charles erms*  So what do Lorenda's teeny little wings imply in that case?   :erk

...that she has a huge stomach? >:]

Aurawyn

Ooh. I love the look on Lorenda's face in the last pannel    :mowmeep

Turnsky

Quote from: Stygian on April 02, 2007, 09:48:59 AM
Quote from: Alondro on April 02, 2007, 09:35:32 AM

...that she has a huge stomach? >:]

or four of 'em.. remember cows have more than one stomach..  i dunno how this applies to cow demons.. but there you go.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on April 02, 2007, 10:15:41 AM
or four of 'em.. remember cows have more than one stomach..  i dunno how this applies to cow demons.. but there you go.

... four lunches?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

Quote from: Turnsky on April 02, 2007, 10:15:41 AM

I was not referring to the actual...

Let's just keep the organs out of the discussion, shall we? I think that's what derailed the last thread that involved Fa'Lina... :sweatdrop

Brunhidden

i still have the mental image of her flapping her wings hummingbird speed and hovering about two feet off the floor. its comical, but i bet she can really zip around when she wants to.

ive had my own problems with parents, but it mostly involved my fathers habbit of going to a store, passing everyone with a vest and a nametag, and asking the 63 year old janitor a technical question about the item he wants to buy. well, that and treating most technology like some kind of talking demon box, living under the delusion its 1950, and having the irritating habbit of shooting other peoples cats.

yeesh, i would have preffered if they bust into dressing rooms to threaten random people.

QuoteSo they've chosen a new pope.

I have to admit that I am a little dissapointed in the process.

I was hoping for something involving a thunderdome.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

LionHeart

Quote from: Turnsky on April 02, 2007, 03:46:13 AM
heh...

on the little amber rant, somebody give her 50cc's of sanity, stat! and a shot of caffeine.  :3

Where exactly would we get that much sanity? :P
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Mashi

Geez, I feel Lorenda's pain. I wouldn't ask my mother for advice if wings sprouted out my back and they were tiny and hers...weren't.
...Of course, neither my mother nor I are demons. All we just have their kind of personality. Freakin' bipolar if we don't get our caffeine.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LionHeart on April 02, 2007, 11:54:55 AM
Where exactly would we get that much sanity? :P

... just outside the door, where everyone leaves it on the way in?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears