4-1-2007 [Abel #79] The heck?

Started by Faerie Alex, March 31, 2007, 09:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

Link

He's taking it...well. That is, in that he hasn't launched into an attack yet.

...Maybe he thinks that Hennya put the wings on Abel as a prank?

[EDIT]
Never mind, I misread Amber's comment; the update was meant for 4-1.
[/EDIT]
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Stygian

No, you're looking too much at his mouth. Notice his brow, under the eyepatch? I predict slow, seething rage building up here... [holds hands together hopefully]

GabrielsThoughts

Stupid comment of the moment: Cid must be the cubi because the bite mark on his ear shifted positions when he saw Abel!!!
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tezkat

That reaction does not bode well for the "Cid is a Cubi" theory...

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 31, 2007, 09:41:16 PM
Stupid comment of the moment: Cid must be the cubi because the bite mark on his ear shifted positions when he saw Abel!!!

Um, or his ear shifted position?  :mowtongue
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Mashi

yummy yummy eggroll

Guys, let's not scrutinize Amber's tiny tiny mistakes. Remember, she's still recovering from the tea thing that happened yesterday. D:

Anri

My personal thoughts of 'neither is a 'cubi' is looking pretty good about now. This won't end well.

Aridas

Isn't it a wiggly brow and not an angry brow?

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

Bloodwish

My guess is, some 'Cubi Cid encountered way back when knew of his wife and decided to pretend to be Cid returning home once. That would then likely mean that neither of Abel's parents are 'Cubi but also allows May to be at least mentally and morally faithful to her husband. i.e. the male she slept with to concieve Abel she thought was Cid. Thus in her mind, she's always been the faithful wife.

However, Cid is a male, there is a good chance he won't see things that way and feel betrayed by his wife. Poor May :(

This would also help explain some of Abel's personality, his 'friend' died upon discovery of his cubi heritage, and if this goes very badly, his parents split up over it.  Abel would possably feel that he ends up ruining the lives of those he get's close to, thus he behaves like a complete jerk and pushes everyone away to keep them from being destroyed by him.

Reese Tora

Cid's brows:

I think he's scrunching them down and together in sort of a 'surprised' or 'thinking' face, rather than an angry face, as there's little narrowing of the eyes themselves.

In other words, it's more like a look of confusion than one of anger.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

rt

:B I know .. attack tea made Able cubi! It's soo clear now :U

Cid's ears appear have had a hard life :tired

Zorro

Either the Mom is Cubi OR the Father is the Victim of a powerful and patient Curse.

The curse might be from a magical item OR an enemy.

kaskar

Quote from: Reese Tora on March 31, 2007, 10:36:35 PM
Cid's brows:

I think he's scrunching them down and together in sort of a 'surprised' or 'thinking' face, rather than an angry face, as there's little narrowing of the eyes themselves.

In other words, it's more like a look of confusion than one of anger.

The look of confusion would be more likely . Abel looks like a wreck that has just crawled in , and the only difference is a few feathered wings . He hasn't even had time to make a reasonable vocal comment or ask a question .
8) Just Hanging Around ...

superluser

Quote from: Tezkat on March 31, 2007, 09:43:14 PMThat reaction does not bode well for the "Cid is a Cubi" theory...

Cid could be confused about why Hennya's there. (EDIT: Or why May didn't tell Hennya to amscray so that she could explain `cubi mechanics to Abel without cluing Hennya in)  Or why Abel's back already (though I don't think he'd make that sort of a response in that case).

He could also be confused about Abel being an incubus like himself.  He might not know that much about genetics, and thought that Abel just got the backwings.  Or he might have told May that Abel was going to be an incubus, and he's confused as to why they're all freaking out.  I mean, I already explained it...

Anyways, if Cid were to fly into a murderous rage, I highly doubt that he would give the creature advance warning by muttering ``...the hell?''

Also, Cid ran into a friend.  Maybe this friend was Kria?  And Kria said that there was going to be something different about Abel when he got home?  Of course, this would probably mean that Kria has another amulet...to give Lorenda.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sienna Maiu - M T

superluser

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 01, 2007, 12:21:45 AMamnesia? >:3

Don't quite follow you.  Who has amnesia?  The parent(s) who is (are) part of the `cubi race?  It's been suggested that shapeshifting takes effort.  Not necessarily much, mind, but if you forgot that you were one of the `cubi, you'd also forget that you needed to shift, and your headwings would come back.  Doesn't make sense.

Zedd

Reaver225

Oooooo... wait, this answers nothing*! It looks like it could still be either parent is the cubi, but if that's true, they haven't told their partner about it. Or maybe because Henya's there? Then it still might be neither of the two! (Blarg, all of these scenarios has been covered by the Abel Heritage thread already)

It may just be my monitor, but one point I noticed is that Cid and May's hair colouring are exactly the same, greyish-brown. Do they use the same hair dye or something? (Maybe if one's a cubi they subconsiously chose a colour similar to their partner?!) Or maybe I'm looking into this too much... on checking the archives they had similar colourings in the beginning...

*by which I mean very little.

Moonfrost

:erk ...  :giggle  :) I think... no, I wont say, just in case Im right :boogie

superluser

Quote from: Reaver225 on April 01, 2007, 01:01:24 AMOooooo... wait, this answers nothing*! It looks like it could still be either parent is the cubi, but if that's true, they haven't told their partner about it. Or maybe because Henya's there? Then it still might be neither of the two!

``She had heard all about excluded middles; they were bad sh*t''

So it looks like we have a set of circumstances where p implies q, but also not p implies q.  That's no good.

Stygian

Peh. Cid's got that "friend" he met behind his back. The next strip, thesame friend is going to come in, get all upset, and try and attack Abel, whereupon he will be all "Oh noez!" and things will derail seriously.

Zedd

Well looks like someone has explainin to dooo

Turnsky

and the fecal matter has impacted the rotating electrical appliance.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ShiningShadow

This is bad maybe right now in Cids mind he's angry and wants an explaination but that friend behind him will think different.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it could be Kria comiing to May's house and bumping into Cid exchange pleasantries and Cid invited her for dinner at his house.

Etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, yaakity smaakity.

LoneHowler

Perhaps the cubi gene skipped a generation or two 
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

techmaster-glitch

uurrrrrggghhhh.... has anyone here even read the "Abel's Heritage Theories" thread? From the sounds of things it seems like not many of you have. (No offence intaded if you somehow take it that way, it's just that 8+ theories were suggested and talked to death there. Not here. :banghead)

Zina

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 01, 2007, 03:26:34 AM
uurrrrrggghhhh.... has anyone here even read the "Abel's Heritage Theories" thread? From the sounds of things it seems like not many of you have. (No offence intaded if you somehow take it that way, it's just that 8+ theories were suggested and talked to death there. Not here. :banghead)

Not everyone reads every single thread on the forum.
Shocking, I know.
Try not to get so worked up over things. It is, after all, just a forum.

Amber Williams

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 01, 2007, 03:26:34 AM
uurrrrrggghhhh.... has anyone here even read the "Abel's Heritage Theories" thread?

I know I haven't! :U

MT Hazard

Quote from: Drathorin on March 31, 2007, 10:14:34 PM
Man, Cid looks old o.o

I think he's looking pretty good, age and lifestyle/vocation considered, suppose one of the advantages of having fur is that complete baldness would be very rare.

On a side note I'd imagine being surgeons have to employ full time barbers to even start operating.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 01, 2007, 06:36:59 AM
Quote from: Drathorin on March 31, 2007, 10:14:34 PM
Man, Cid looks old o.o

I think he's looking pretty good, age and lifestyle/vocation considered, suppose one of the advantages of having fur is that complete baldness would be very rare.

On a side note I'd imagine being surgeons have to employ full time barbers to even start operating.
:lol