2007-03-29 [Cubi 05] Is it...safe?

Started by superluser, March 29, 2007, 12:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Laurence Olivier FTW!

I'd like to know the name of the font Amber's using in panel 2.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Oh I am sure she'll say it..But again...Beware of the minds

Jigsaw Forte

Zorro

Tsunari

Hmmm, I'd say this one eliminates some of the heritage theories for Abel.

Manawolf

Ah, the ****ing of another's mind.  It is a hard skill to master.  Probably why mind flayers came up with tools to aid in such endeavors, though they often leave the person insane.

I suppose the representation of a labyrinth for the inner workings of a mind wouldn't be far off.

Zorro

Quote from: Manawolf on March 29, 2007, 12:42:26 AM
Ah, the ****ing of another's mind.  It is a hard skill to master.  Probably why mind flayers came up with tools to aid in such endeavors, though they often leave the person insane.

I suppose the representation of a labyrinth for the inner workings of a mind wouldn't be far off.

No reason too.  You just need EVIL Dentists! 

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Patrick StarThe inner mechanations of my mind are an enigma... *Insert milk carton tipping over.*

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  Me thinks Fa'lina is hiding a secret there.  She's not one to normally be upset when beings are suffering.  Therefore, the only thing she'd be freaking out about would be if something was going to be seen that could prove disadvantageous to cubi!  *wonders if cubi implant mind tendrils like Scorpius did in Farscape*   :3

*Charline mysteriously says nothing...*   :shifty
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Reese Tora

Quote from: Alondro on March 29, 2007, 01:50:23 AM
*Charles hmms*  Me thinks Fa'lina is hiding a secret there.  She's not one to normally be upset when beings are suffering.  Therefore, the only thing she'd be freaking out about would be if something was going to be seen that could prove disadvantageous to cubi!  *wonders if cubi implant mind tendrils like Scorpius did in Farscape*   :3

*Charline mysteriously says nothing...*   :shifty

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought Fa'lina wasn't being entierly straight with the audience where it comes to mind reading.  My first impression was that she was worried about rating breaking, but I feel that it might be out of character for her to be concerned for our poor minds.  I think that she's hiding some things about 'cubi that, maybe, specialize in mind reading, something that would be a danger to cubi were it to become common knowledge.  Or, maybe, she's herself finds mind reading to be objectionable, and therefore bans it and the teaching of it in her school; the censoring of such techniques, then, would be something that I think might get her worked up like that.

Or amybe she was worried that PaiGon would smack her if the comic went too far; who knows? :rolleyes
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

kaskar

If a Cubi tries to read a mind under duress , what happens ? The mind would react with a self - defense system . If it was too bad , the Cubi mind may be entangled inside , and no longer be able to come out .
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Goatmon

Who is that Cubi and where can I get her number?  :giggle

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on March 29, 2007, 01:50:23 AM
*Charles hmms*  Me thinks Fa'lina is hiding a secret there.  She's not one to normally be upset when beings are suffering.  Therefore, the only thing she'd be freaking out about would be if something was going to be seen that could prove disadvantageous to cubi!

I'd like to think it meant the Being won that round, but I guess we'll never know...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

Can it not just simply mean whatever she's blocking from us is really, REALLY unpleasant?

Goatmon

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 29, 2007, 05:21:08 AM
Can it not just simply mean whatever she's blocking from us is really, REALLY unpleasant?

That's what I figured.  I mean, given Amber's style of censorship and all.  :)

Tapewolf

If Fa'Lina was that squeamish about it, I highly doubt the Academy would teach it.

Kajet

I find it funny to see a near omnipotent, powerful person have a moment of OMGWTF!

Aridas

I think she's worried more about us than herself...

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 29, 2007, 05:26:02 AM
If Fa'Lina was that squeamish about it, I highly doubt the Academy would teach it.

Around cubi...NEVER RELAX :O

Wanderer

Seriously, I'm confoozed. SOMETHING is going on that she doesn't what us to see, but the way it's done makes it seem like we should be able to know WHY, and I have no clue. Sure, I can theorize, and some of you have, but we don't KNOW. In fact, we're just totally guessing.

Confoooooozed.

ShiningShadow

I think it's something in a you know "when a Being and Cubi falls in love.."  >:3

I think that what it was the random violence stuff she allows us to see. But hey I'm just speculating *whistles innocently*.

ChaoSynergy

Stygian

"I will split your thoughts open!"

No. There has to be something more to that, other than that the scene is gruesome and gorish. I may not believe that of Amber and her censorship, but I believe it of Fa'Lina. Sometimes characters have their own meaning with things. >:]

Oh, and on the topic Alondro started, I think mind tendrils would look just wonderful. A perfect addition to any succubus with distinguished and depraved tastes. >:3

Alondro

*Charline chuckles*  It's more a matter of concern on Fa'lina's part, I should think, that were all the beings in the audience to witness the absolute horror that is the cubi's technique of mind-reading, the whole being-cubi conflict would ignite instantly.  *drags Charles over to demonstrate*  You see, it happens like this...

*the camera is disconnected as Charline's wing tentacles surround the poor human, but the audio isn't shut down quickly enough and a blood-curdling scream of utter agony is heard!*

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 29, 2007, 05:26:02 AM
Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on March 29, 2007, 05:21:08 AMCan it not just simply mean whatever she's blocking from us is really, REALLY unpleasant?

Really?  I find it hard to believe that the academy wouldn't teach something just because of the personal beliefs of the headmistress.

Edit: It took me a while to even consider that Fa'Lina might just be squeamish, but she might not be terribly keen to be liable for psychological damages incurred while reading.  Remember, entire audiences started screaming when they saw this scene. (SFW, not pleasant if you've ever had dental work)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sunblink

Great. Now I have three characters I'm gay for. Bernadette, Regina, and now that purple Cubi lass. Wonderful. Just wonderful.  Thanks a ton, Amber. :P You've traumatized my poor little 15-year-old mind.

So concludes the fantastic Cubi abilities mini-arc. This one was certainly entertaining and has more than warmed me up for the next two mini-arcs. Especially the hybrid arc, which sounds very promising. Bravo, Amber. Great artwork and stylization throughout the entire mini-arc. The paneling was very dynamic. I'm gonna need to take notes if I ever hope of making a comic.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

VioletDusk

*like a kid at a trainwreck* Aw! I wanna see!

That is one lovely succubus. :)

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on March 29, 2007, 09:55:26 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 29, 2007, 05:26:02 AMIf Fa'Lina was that squeamish about it, I highly doubt the Academy would teach it.

Really?  I find it hard to believe that the academy wouldn't teach something just because of the personal beliefs of the headmistress.

Perhaps, but since she founded the Academy I'd be amazed if didn't have a strong say in defining the curriculum.

GabrielsThoughts

what was she trying to protect the audience from I didn't see any impending danger?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Sunblink

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 29, 2007, 11:35:36 AM
what was she trying to protect the audience from I didn't see any impending danger?

If the corkscrew-shaped tentacle positioned over that poor Being's head was of any indication, I believe that she was trying to protect us from the ensuing gore-filled scene that would likely follow that.

~Keaton the Black Jackal