2007-03-16 [#762] No ticket = no return

Started by superluser, March 15, 2007, 11:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

I think that Abel effectively proved that layers of clothing are usually pretty ill-conceived.

Edit: it appears that the other lettering is not large enough to read.

Admin Edit (or AdEd): You missed the hash...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Narethlian

Petticoats and pointy things...

I'm reminded of what Dan said in #689.

"It's not that terrible, really... and on the bright side... You can hide all sorts of cool thinks in a dress!"

-Nar

e_voyager

chuckles. sounds right i remember that sword and the look on ables face. Yerg!
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

GabrielsThoughts

so I take it things are moving kind of slow.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kenji

Lorenda needs a big black flowing trenchcoat that flows even when there's no wind. And a pair of shades from ALL SEVENTEEN sunglass kiosks.

superluser

I hate to say this, but the perspective on that type is *way* off.  How are you doing it?

Zedd

Ah yes..So many shops in malls and not enough time to buy what you want and AMber...You get a gold star for memorizing old comericals

Castle Pokemetroid

Eh, were I live, there isn't a mall, so I don't have to worry about that. Been to one in Thailand and they are BIG! I mean really big with loads of stuff.

But sometimes I wish there WAS a mall on this floating rock we call an island.

But then again that would attract more turist than there already is. But then again that might be good, since they give away money buying usless stuff.

Eh.

Manawolf

Damn superficial teens, turning the Beverly Center into nothing but clothing and jewelry stores.  They don't even have an EB anymore.

Jim Halisstrad

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Somehow.... Some-freaking-how.  This whole conversation got the song "Shoes" stuck in my head.

I hate the world  :<

Zorro

Where there is a Mall there is always the KNIFE SHOP!   :knifed

Turnsky

pointy things and petticoats.. sounds like a good name for a new store..  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Manawolf

Quote from: Zorro on March 16, 2007, 01:52:49 AM
Where there is a Mall there is always the KNIFE SHOP!   :knifed

What about "Bloodbath and Beyond"?

Kasarn

Valynth

considering the pointy things that victorian women hid under their petticoats to ward off amorous male suitors, I'd say that'd be a fairly good business to get into.  In the Victorian era that is.

Sometimes you find scary things when you look into the history of U.S. patents....
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Fex

hehe that miss at the counter looks a bit shocked becouse of the pointy weapons =3 :B

Nino

Quote from: Manawolf on March 16, 2007, 01:25:47 AM
Damn superficial teens, turning the Beverly Center into nothing but clothing and jewelry stores.  They don't even have an EB anymore.

Say it ain't so =<

They're closing down a lot of game stores where my ex lives too. I don't know how SB has three itself when most of the people at my college don't care at all about games (though guitar hero is popular here, which is awesome). And none of all three (EB, Gamestop, and Gamecrazy) are in biking distance from where I live.

But I feel your pain. Most of the stores on "state street" and for the upper-class tourists and rich fashion-obsessed people who live here. Well, not here with all the college kids, but near here. A bunch of jewlery and gaudy purses and dresses that aren't my taste and certainly not my price (I'm more of a Gap/Kohl's type of person who can appreciate simplicity, though I get t's and sweaters from Abercrombie occassionally). We don't even have a Target or Wal-Mart for cheap games (though I did get Psychonauts for $15 recently from a K-Mart).

But enough about shopping in real life. Hmm... so Lorenda is still in a bad mood it seems. I bet shopping will help though if she finds something she likes... shopping is really fun (when you have money). She should find something in green to match her hair =P

ShiningShadow

What's next mini gatling guns in Lingerene hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that will sell like hotcakes i could imagine >:3.

Stygian

I am reminded of the desperado movie with Antonio Banderas, where a certain revolver-like piece that he carries has an eerie resemblance and probably a lethal function...

Tapewolf

I can't resolve missmab.com or xepher.net.  Could anyone put up a copy of the strip?  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

I'm actually working on a revision, so I had plans to host a copy.

I hear it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission, but I'm still going to ask for permission.  I have whipped up a tutorial that can help people with perspective issues.  So in the latest comic,

you can go from this to this:

(old version)

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on March 16, 2007, 08:38:19 AM
I'm actually working on a revision, so I had plans to host a copy.
Thanks, man.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  I'd have to go with more of a tunic, myself.  *flutters*  My angelic feathery wings don't look good with pointy things.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

GabrielsThoughts

I'd be surprised if a fuzzbucks showed up...but I don't count on that any time soon.

As for perspective ti could be an example of abstraction rather than an example of what is, it looks like a low angle shot with  some flair. notice how the checkerboard pattern in the background curves a little.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Amber Williams

Quote from: superluser on March 16, 2007, 12:32:55 AM
I hate to say this, but the perspective on that type is *way* off.  How are you doing it?

Insomnia and not caring if the text was off after spending from 2PM-11PM working on the strip.  Glad to see there are people who will zero in on that and make all those hours worthwhile.

Sunblink

Perspective boo-boos or not, I think this arc is off to a great start. So far all of the comics have been nothing short of fantastic in terms of punchlines (especially the first comic--I still lawl at it) and art, but I've come to expect that of Amber.

Am I the only one who would want to visit a giant House of Pointies? Just to get a family-friendly gift for my little sister. >:3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Amber Williams

Eh. I'm not too pleased at myself over it. I had the option of doing a correct perspective but I chose a shortcut because I was tired and assumed no one would really care.  (Initially I was just going to do the squiggly scribbles but last minute decided that actual text would work better)

Sunblink

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 16, 2007, 11:56:13 AM
Eh. I'm not too pleased at myself over it. I had the option of doing a correct perspective but I chose a shortcut because I was tired and assumed no one would really care.  (Initially I was just going to do the squiggly scribbles but last minute decided that actual text would work better)

Do you still have the PSD file? You can always just go back and correct it when you're feeling less drowsy or when you want to. Still, first and foremost you need rest.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on March 16, 2007, 12:03:52 PM
Do you still have the PSD file? You can always just go back and correct it when you're feeling less drowsy or when you want to. Still, first and foremost you need rest.

Indeed. Rest, Mrs Amber. The Nitpickers can just go hang. :-)

... After all, I need company... :]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

I wouldn't really say its nitpicking, and I doubt people were/are doing it to be deliberately spiteful.  Its just dagg...I wake up, check the forum, and one of the first things I see is someone pointing out my last-minute apathy.   I'm never sure how to react.