03/09/07 [#759] Feelings

Started by AndersW, March 08, 2007, 07:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_759.php

So Lorenda doesn't share the same feelings for Jyrras, so sad.

Kenji

Well yeah.. cause then Jy might end up with a female. And we all know that 3/4th the forum would want to kill Lorenda for it. :T

Roureem Egas

How many times has Kria offered to do that? :dface Lorenda must've been wildy popular in Twink Territories.

superluser

Something's going on with Kria's face.  It's like her nasal cavity is moving up and down.  Ah, well.  It still looks nice.

Hey, I've got an idea.  Lorenda can break off all ties with Jyrras and take all of their mutual friends with her when she does that.  Hey, it worked for me when I tried telling a friend that I had feelings for her.  Oh, wait--no it didn't.  :cry

Quote from: Roureem Egas on March 08, 2007, 07:52:48 PMLorenda must've been wildy popular in Twink Territories.

Nah.  Wildy doesn't seem that popular in Twink Territories.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

terrycloth

So if Lorenda moves out, will she get custody of the bubblegum? :kirby

Manawolf

I'm starting to get the feeling that Jyrras is not gonna end up with anyone.

Kind of cold, Lorenda, after he let you live with him for so long, and even let you into his inner sanctum.

Zedd

Feeeellliiiingg..Nothing but bucha..feellings.....*sings on the mic while leaning on a piano*

Yugo

Poor Jy-Jy -hugs for Jy-

Kria is amusing as usual =D
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Nino

Quote from: Kenji on March 08, 2007, 07:49:45 PM
Well yeah.. cause then Jy might end up with a female. And we all know that 3/4th the forum would want to kill Lorenda for it. :T

I'd prefer him ending up with a female. I'm sick of seeing gay couples created by women though; if I see one more AkuRoku anything I'm going to scream. Uggh, bishonen.

Though personally Jyrras and Lorenda seem a bit of a mismatch. Jyrras needs to find some sort of nerdy girl who can keep up with him intellectually. I think Lorenda is smart yeah, but I don't think they have much in common.

Titanium Dragon

Quote from: Manawolf on March 08, 2007, 08:18:18 PM
I'm starting to get the feeling that Jyrras is not gonna end up with anyone.

Kind of cold, Lorenda, after he let you live with him for so long, and even let you into his inner sanctum.

How is that cold? She was living with him as a roommate, not a potential romantic interest; there's no reason she should like him romantically, and she feels awkward and doesn't like that it will hurt Jyrras' feelings. Its not like she owes him anything in a romantic capacity.

And thanks for the early update!

Manawolf

She may move back to Jy's place soon after anyway, after she has her mother breathing down her neck 24/7 and if she finds out what Kria's mission involving Jyrras has been.

Lor: "What's this photo?  It looks like a steamed up window."

Kenji

Quote from: Kattuccino on March 08, 2007, 08:29:07 PM
Quote from: Kenji on March 08, 2007, 07:49:45 PM
Though personally Jyrras and Lorenda seem a bit of a mismatch. Jyrras needs to find some sort of nerdy girl who can keep up with him intellectually. I think Lorenda is smart yeah, but I don't think they have much in common.

Right then. Now to just figure out how to clone Jouster as a female, and we're set...

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Amber WilliamsIt was so tempting to make a Tigger reference in this.
I don't see why. Help, please?

Why does it seem like Lorenda is being more mature about this than Kria is?
Jeez I need to update this thing.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on March 08, 2007, 08:18:18 PMKind of cold, Lorenda, after he let you live with him for so long, and even let you into his inner sanctum.

Yeah.  If my previous comments on this weren't clear enough--Lorenda's method is precisely the wrong way to deal with situations like this one.

Let me tell you how it will play out.  Lorenda says that she wants to be friends with Jyrras, nothing more.  She means it.  She then says that she needs to move out, that it would be awkward to live together, and that they should probably have some time apart to sort things out.  Jyrras thinks, ``OK.  Fine.  I've obviously been too forward, and I'll just let her decide when to let things move forward on a friendly basis.''

Lorenda doesn't realize it until she's living independently, but if she initiates contact with Jyrras, then it could be taken as a cue for renewed romantic interest.  Jyrras is not so stupid as to take it that way, but Lorenda can't take that chance.

As a result, Jyrras and Lorenda can never speak to each other ever again.  Lorenda should be smart enough to realize that this is not the proper way to deal with troubling situations like this one.

Nino

Quote from: superluser on March 08, 2007, 08:38:35 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on March 08, 2007, 08:18:18 PMKind of cold, Lorenda, after he let you live with him for so long, and even let you into his inner sanctum.

Lorenda doesn't realize it until she's living independently, but if she initiates contact with Jyrras, then it could be taken as a cue for renewed romantic interest.  Jyrras is not so stupid as to take it that way, but Lorenda can't take that chance.

As a result, Jyrras and Lorenda can never speak to each other ever again.

Yep, that's the only possible way the situation could ever work itself out. I mean, it's not like they don't have mutual friends who they would hang out together with down the line or anything =P

That said though, I do think it may be a bit harsh dealing with the situation in this way, but then again, there isn't really a "right" way to turn someone down; just varying degrees of wrong ways. Same with break-ups.

Gah, it's my off day. I need to stop loitering around online and write that bio lab paper.

Alondro

*Charline grins*  All his love interests have failed!  Thus the way is paved for Jyrras to transform into the mad scientist as portrayed in the novel!  And thus the Creature Council will be given their reason to KILL HIM!!!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Stygian

Quote from: Alondro on March 08, 2007, 08:47:16 PM
*Charline grins*  All his love interests have failed!  Thus the way is paved for Jyrras to transform into the mad scientist as portrayed in the novel!  And thus the Creature Council will be given their reason to KILL HIM!!!   >:3

...and then inevitably fail in this their endeavour. Sweets, no one's going to get to Jyrras...

devilsislegrl

Kria's antics never fail... XD

Quote from: modelincard on March 08, 2007, 08:38:21 PM
Why does it seem like Lorenda is being more mature about this than Kria is?

um...cuz she is? =shrugs=

As far as I can see, things could either happen 2 ways:
1) Lorenda tells Jy how she feels and we have the same result that happened with Dan.  And he cries, etc. But Lorenda stays.  Or leaves.

2) Lorenda avoids talking to Jy and moves out.  As soon as she is gone, Kria moves in.  Madness ensues.  As usual.

Basically, my mind is stuck on whether they confront the issue or not.  I think Abel is going to come into play as well, somehow.

Manawolf

Quote from: Kenji on March 08, 2007, 08:35:58 PM
Now to just figure out how to clone Jouster as a female, and we're set...

I thought Equidna already accomplished that.

superluser

Quote from: Kattuccino on March 08, 2007, 08:44:38 PMYep, that's the only possible way the situation could ever work itself out. I mean, it's not like they don't have mutual friends who they would hang out together with down the line or anything =P

Well, Lorenda originally lived in Twink Territories, several hours away from Lost Lake.  I'm not sure where Kria lives, but it's probably not near Lost Lake, or else they wouldn't have needed Azlan to tell them that people were dying.  So that means that Lorenda will have little opportunity to visit their mutual friends in Lost Lake.

luiqui

Does no one in this comic like Jyrras?

What's going on??

Aurawyn

Edited because I didn't see page 159 when I posted  :B

superluser

Quote from: Aurawyn on March 08, 2007, 09:14:51 PMI Think i missed something, everyone else is posting like she knows he likes her.. Where are we getting this from?

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_611.php

This was just mentioned in the 758 thread, but a few of us remembered it prior to that.

Aurawyn

Oops.. I clicked on something wrong and didn't get to #759 For some reason till just now  :B

Moonfrost

:< Poor Jy-Jy gets rejected again. How sad. :cry

But on a much brighter note, I've stopped lurking! Now you shall all feel my wrath! :mwaha

Kenji

Quote from: Moonfrost on March 08, 2007, 09:23:58 PM
But on a much brighter note, I've stopped lurking! Now you shall all feel my wrath! :mwaha

My mom says I'm not allowed to feel other people's wrath. But welcome nonetheless.

Moonfrost

Quote from: Kenji on March 08, 2007, 09:24:49 PM
Quote from: Moonfrost on March 08, 2007, 09:23:58 PM

My mom says I'm not allowed to feel other people's wrath. But welcome nonetheless.
:U Thanks.

P.S.  :boogie Your mom rocks. I wish my mom could make me do things.

wai... no I dont :)

Azraelle

I like Jyrras ... I want him to be happy.  Then again, that goal might be more easily achieved if he stopped falling in love with EVERYONE.  What next?  Will he fall in love with Wildy?  Alexsi?  Pip?  The "let Jyrras down easy" line will have a numbered ticket dispenser at the head.

Moonfrost

Quote from: Azraelle on March 08, 2007, 09:30:31 PM
I like Jyrras ... I want him to be happy.  Then again, that goal might be more easily achieved if he stopped falling in love with EVERYONE.  What next?  Will he fall in love with Wildy?  Alexsi?  Pip?  The "let Jyrras down easy" line will have a numbered ticket dispenser at the head.
:erk Pip? That just seems wrong. Pip is cute and all, but... nah.

I can see him ending up with Wildy :) That would be cute. Not to metnion they would make a great couple :hug

superluser

Quote from: Moonfrost on March 08, 2007, 09:35:10 PMI can see him ending up with Wildy :) That would be cute. Not to metnion they would make a great couple :hug

I think that they would make a terribly unhealthy couple.  I can see co-dependence issues out the wazoo for these two.  Cute and stable, though.