Trippy - 2/25/2007

Started by Cogidubnus, February 26, 2007, 12:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Seeing in the dark is apparently not a Cubi ability. :3

Manawolf

But he didn't flip the lightswitch.

Roureem Egas

Hmm...what's this butterfly thing Amber's talking about?

On another note, I see Abel took almost all of the blanket with him.

Zedd

Yet bedsheets...The silent killers

Manawolf

::Looks to how Abel is holding the blanket::

Does he sleep in the nude?

Aridas

*looks up at the title bar of the window* Amber's used that quote before... Quite a long time ago, but still...

Distracting

I've had times like that...a lot of times like that. Also running into various walls. It's quite painful.

superluser

Well, it looks like Dan has the contrarian bit down, but I'm not sure if that will ``catch him off guard.''

Edit: also, it looks like we're seeing more and more of Abel's true personality.  Looks like Abel's litany of benefits of the `cubi race that he listed at SAIA was more of a Litany Against Self-Scrutiny.

And now I must a-bed.

(What sort of spell check doesn't have `contrarian?')

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

somercet

Quote from: superluser on February 26, 2007, 01:15:51 AMWhat sort of spell check doesn't have 'contrarian?'

One that habitually takes an opposing or challenging position to prevailing sentiment?

I just noticed, my pocket dictionary is missing 'contrarian,' too. It's a Conformist plot!!

King Of Hearts

Hey, where's "squishy," the sonnet spewing spider?

Azraelle

Maybe he tripped over it.  The thing was huge!

Tapewolf

The one thing which immediately sprang to mind was strip #541, where Fa'Lina seems to imply that Abel doesn't remember how long sleeping lasts.  Indeed, if he's so bored, why doesn't he simply curl up somewhere?  Or does he have to have a bed to be able to sleep properly?

The second thing was:
Abel: "Will I Dream?"
Dr. Chandra: "I... don't know."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ShiningShadow

I was shocked that Abel slept in the Nude *well not shocked really* What Abel tripped over I think it the blanket he was sleeping in.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Amber from the front rantI just want to eat my chocolate and sketch a poodle Cubi.

Amber, you should be resting and not having Fa'lina over for chocolates and muffins... :hug

Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 26, 2007, 07:43:32 AM
I was shocked that Abel slept in the Nude *well not shocked really* What Abel tripped over I think it the blanket he was sleeping in.

Sleeping in the Nude?  Why not...? I do...and  Abel can come for sleepover at my place any time. 

:mowcookie
PBH

Akisohida

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 26, 2007, 08:43:13 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on February 26, 2007, 07:43:32 AM

Sleeping in the Nude?  Why not...? I do...and  Abel can come for sleepover at my place any time. 

:mowcookie
PBH

Can I join in? :D *Hides!*

Looks like Dan is trying to be nicer to Abel, eh? Perhaps Jy finally got Dan to open his eyes.

(fixed your quotes, there. HTH. :-)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

bigj

Dan seems to be giving Abel a chance... now with the day Abel's had I doubt that Abel will reciprocate.

rt

.. Face, meet floor.
*thud* ... hello floor.

Ouchie.

Seems this long bad day doesn't end quite yet for anyone.

iownpants

Let me check my logic for a moment.  Abel was sleeping without clothes -> Abel tripped out of bed, without clothes on -> Dan shut the door first.
Curse you, Dan!  You have denied us possibly the cutest and sexiest image of Abel ever: caught up in a blanket on the floor without clothes on. :<

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Akisohida on February 26, 2007, 08:54:03 AM

Can I join in? :D *Hides!*

Sure I had a spare bed somewhere...I'll invite Levicel, too, she won't mind the non-clothes option.  (it will insure Abel stays in my room)

PBH

ShiningShadow

Quote from: iownpants on February 26, 2007, 10:12:56 AM
Let me check my logic for a moment.  Abel was sleeping without clothes -> Abel tripped out of bed, without clothes on -> Dan shut the door first.
Curse you, Dan!  You have denied us possibly the cutest and sexiest image of Abel ever: caught up in a blanket on the floor without clothes on. :<

Yeah and to see his Cute Butt to boot. Anyway I know some people sleep in the nude me including what about you guys and Gals?

Stygian

Okay, less topic-killing, people...

Credits to Amber for her beautiful sense of humor (and for an Abel sleeping nude... He's going to have to worry about certain things at night from now on...), credits to Tapes for his amusing pondering, and finally credits to Dan for playing it cool (him?!).

And I hope that I am not the only one who wants to see more of that spider...

llearch n'n'daCorna

You know....

Nothing I can see states that Abel sleeps in the nude. For all we know, he's wearing boxers. 'course, it wouldn't fit his image for that to be found out, hence why he's dragging the sheet around himself....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GabrielsThoughts

Abel must suffer from MPS (Male Pride Syndrome).
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kenji

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 26, 2007, 11:19:07 AM
You know....

Nothing I can see states that Abel sleeps in the nude. For all we know, he's wearing boxers. 'course, it wouldn't fit his image for that to be found out, hence why he's dragging the sheet around himself....

Well, 80% of males do anyways. And not as if Abel was ever heavily clothed to begin with.

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on February 26, 2007, 12:59:26 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 26, 2007, 11:19:07 AM
You know....

Well, 80% of males do anyways. And not as if Abel was ever heavily clothed to begin with.

Thanks for remindind of how he wears a lovey kilt now and then kitty face now go catch the cookie *toss* Futher note noone know somewhere deep inside Dans brain cavity is a bomb futher placed into the frontal lobe...:shifty

Caswin

Whether or not Abel's wearing anything under that blanket, that is a well-drawn feline in the first panel.
Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on February 26, 2007, 10:19:11 AMSure I had a spare bed somewhere...I'll invite Levicel, too, she won't mind the non-clothes option.  (it will insure Abel stays in my room)

PBH

Okay, I hate to admit it, but... smart.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Hilary

This is where the banana boxer shorts come into play.

Abel's just so cute when he's angry. ^^ *swoons over first panel*

Sunblink

Or Abel's just cute in general. :P

Awesome comic and great punchline. XD I would've laughed out loud if it hadn't took me a moment to process the jumbled sheets and Abel's hand and tail. At first I just thought he was throwing a hissy fit, until I realized that he had tripped. Ow. That has to definitely hurt.

Great art, too--Abel looks so appropriately peeved in the first and second panels. Truly Abel-like. XD

As for whether or not he sleeps in the nude... I actually think he wears a pair of pants. Something comfortable. Sleeping in the nude would sort of leave one cold, even with fur for insulation.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

ShiningShadow

I think Abel is very comfortable when he is sleeping in the nude and in my own opinion I think Abel has been doing this for years now. There's a lot of things we don't know about Abel his arachnidphobia, sleeping in the nude, I still think Abel is still a mystery as we get to know him more and more as the strip goes further.

Stygian

Eh? Cold?

Mah, you're female. You could never know...

Also, this bears repeating; we want the spider for a running gag!