2007-02-23 Beauty rest is still enjoyable

Started by superluser, February 22, 2007, 08:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

So he wanted to have a little lie-down.  What's wrong with that?

P.S. You really didn't have to push yourself to do this when you're so sick, Amber!  Get that rest!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kenji

Quote from: superluser on February 22, 2007, 08:30:58 PM
P.S. You really didn't have to push yourself to do this when you're so sick, Amber!  Get that rest!

Perhaps someday she'll learn frail bodies+ endless hours of work= unhealth.

Brunhidden

hmmm, laying in bed awake in a dark basement....QUICK! check the room for bad poetry, he could have *gasp* gone EMO!

i myself love sleep, and if i didnt have things like a wife, job, and 2 year old facehugger i would probably sleep around 12 hours a day. as it stands i usually get about 3-4 hours of sleep a day.

QuoteAnd, lo, he did say to shut thine pie hole ere I get bronze age on thy backside
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Aisha deCabre

I'm sure lots of compliments help that sick bug.  Or...hurt it? o.o

Very funny.  I love the switching of panels from picture to black to picture.  You can just hear the "Waaaaait a minute..." in Dan's head there.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

superluser

OK.  I think I'm getting over my irritation with Amber valuing her fans more than her life...

So onto rabid speculation!

First off, I love Abel's expression in panel 4.  There's just so much going right in that face.

Next, what if Dan takes Jyrras' advice, and tries to surprise Abel by doing something uncharacteristic, like maybe yanking him out by his headwings...

...just like Devin did.  I have a feeling that that sort of action would be the worst possible move that anyone could do to Abel, and would result in Abel bursting into a violent rage.  Which is why I suggested it.

On the subject of sleep, however, I seem to recall that `cubi don't need sleep because SAIA is full of emotions.  Outside of SAIA, they might need to sleep just as much as anyone else.

Of course, Abel does have a large number of drunken customers directly above him, and Dan's a one-man confusion machine, so I'm sure Abel doesn't need to sleep at SAIA.

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on February 22, 2007, 08:43:18 PMVery funny.  I love the switching of panels from picture to black to picture.  You can just hear the "Waaaaait a minute..." in Dan's head there.

Part of me is hoping that it's deliberate, and that Dan was trying to get the most dramatic impact.  Even that part of me knows that it's not true.

Sunblink

Personally, hey, Amber, if you can't get Abel's Story done, don't worry. Don't push yourself into doing whatever you don't want to or can't do. We all are hoping the best for your health.  :hug

Also, am I the only one who temporarily forgot the fact that Cubi can't sleep when I looked over the comic? I just thought Abel looked so cute and peaceful sleeping that the fact just evaporated... then abruptly returned by the time I looked at the next panel. D'oh. Silly Keaton, you can't make a Cubi character if you can't remember these things. :P

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Keaton the Black JackalI just thought Abel looked so cute and peaceful sleeping that the fact just evaporated... then abruptly returned by the time I looked at the next panel.
Erm...bishie. I don't use that word often...but it does describe Abel in the second panel well.

At least, very hugable looking. :hug

And because I forgot to mention it earlier, get well soon Amber, but don't push yourself. *over-teh-internets :hug*
Jeez I need to update this thing.

superluser

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 22, 2007, 09:05:01 PMAlso, am I the only one who temporarily forgot the fact that Cubi can't sleep when I looked over the comic? I just thought Abel looked so cute and peaceful sleeping that the fact just evaporated... then abruptly returned by the time I looked at the next panel. D'oh. Silly Keaton, you can't make a Cubi character if you can't remember these things.

Well, you can still sleep whenever you want.  You just don't *need* to sleep.  And furthermore, as suggested earlier, `cubi may still need to sleep when insufficient emotions are around.

Regal

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on February 22, 2007, 08:41:05 PM
hmmm, laying in bed awake in a dark basement....QUICK! check the room for bad poetry, he could have *gasp* gone EMO!

Abel has already had his goth period.

Stygian

May I ask, since when isn't Abel a depressed and lonely little emo-kitty all the time?

Kenji

Quote from: Stygian on February 22, 2007, 09:34:31 PM

May I ask, since when isn't Abel a depressed and lonely little emo-kitty all the time?

When he's laughing and smiling at pink books?

Boog

Well, they don't have to sleep, but they don't have to eat either. Meanwhile, Fa'lina's unable to conquer her muffin addiction and Dan's been living on ale for quite some time. Be that as it may, this is Abel here. Always assume he's just taking another route to avoiding people.

Yugo

-hugs the cute abel, and then hugs the sick Amborg- Go sleep like Abel is trying to fake doing.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Akisohida

I LOVE being sick with the vertigo and loosing my sense of balance! It's fun to suddenly lurtch to the side and feel like the room is tilting! I once took cold medicine that was past due and it felt like I was walking on the ceiling! I had to be sent home form work because I was giggling randomly.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

RJ

Darn it Amber, you gave it to me too :<

No wait, that was my brother...

*sneezes about 8 times in a row* Bleeeh...

bill

I have it too.  :< Friggin' stuffy noses n' dizziness.

Zedd

No fun being sick and Dan is knowning something as well

Stygian

Quote from: RJ on February 22, 2007, 10:13:37 PM

Do you have diseases in Australia? I thought all you had was poisons from those bleedin' animals.

GabrielsThoughts

Hooray!!! Update.  now if only we knew what horrors lie within Abel we'd be set.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zorro

RJ

Quote from: Stygian on February 22, 2007, 10:51:05 PM

Do you have diseases in Australia? I thought all you had was poisons from those bleedin' animals.

It's those darn Kangaroos I tell ya!

Manawolf

"Not so fast *****!  Try camoflage next time."

Valynth

Quote from: RJ on February 22, 2007, 11:27:38 PM

The animal kingdom has no shortages of ways to kill us.  I say we start killing back.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Madd the Sane

Steve Irwin's ghost will haunt you if you do that  :mwaha    :cry
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Tait-Fox

This comic is a good one :p
Of all the things Dan remembers, it has to be something he uses... maybe he remembered it from an adventure or something or the other?

(PS. AMBER GET BETTER! I've had that before, Do NOT stand it makes you really really sick and dizzy and yeah... bad things happen.  The best thing to do is sleep it off... that is.. until the head aches set in.. then its hard to sleep, but that shows its gonna be gone soon! Hope you feel better)

LionHeart

Quote from: RJ on February 22, 2007, 11:27:38 PM

And tourists. Don't forget all those tourists, from unhealthy places.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Fex

wooow back *gives random hugs*  :hug   and that is a smart idea from abel =3 tobad Dan remembert for Abel

skwerly

QuoteStygian sez:

Yarn.

:)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kenji on February 22, 2007, 08:36:00 PM
Quote from: superluser on February 22, 2007, 08:30:58 PM

Perhaps someday she'll learn frail bodies+ endless hours of work= unhealth.

That's one of the reasons I don't like the idea of an update every single day, it's not good for her. :P

I never thought I'd say this, but Abel looks kind of cute when he's... whatever it is he's doing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 23, 2007, 04:02:08 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but Abel looks kind of cute when he's... whatever it is he's doing.

Napping?

Just to go with the other one. :P

(Yeah, I know, it's not perfect)