Abel 2007-02-03: The cameo charaters are dead

Started by Meech, February 02, 2007, 09:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meech

Everyone is dead.  All of the camio's are dead.  There's a story you don't want to be in.

Glory lives!  Though without the sense of sight.

ShiningShadow

Meech

Because one's lying bloody on the floor and the other is nailed to the wall!  Can't you see them!  They're right there!

Faerie Alex

Jeez I need to update this thing.

ShiningShadow

Kenji

Alondro

*Charles thinks*  Well, that eliminates Glory from the list of suspects, not that she was ever very high on mine.  I considered that a very far-left-field possibility.  Hmm, still no clue at to the identity of the evil creature Kria's talking to.  We already have enough old-enough candidates for evil to make guessing rather difficult.  

*Charline smirks* It sounds like me, actually.   >:3

*Charles erfs*  Anyone pure evil sounds like you.   :mowtongue

*Charline sighs*  Well, no denying that fact...  :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

ShiningShadow

I saw the strip they are all dead except Glory alive but blinded. It has to be Dark Pegasus there's no other choice it has to be him.

Sunblink

Quote from: Meech on February 02, 2007, 09:29:56 PMGlory lives!  Though without the sense of sight.

Glory DOES live, though I think she always WAS blind, now that I think about it.

Look back on previous strips, and how different her eyes are up close from everybody else's. While everybody else's has some sort of 'shine' to them, hers are a glassy, very two-dimensional shade. Just look here and compare. This means she may rely on some supernatural other sense to navigate.

As for the comic itself, oh-my-effing-god. My heart just stopped. It freaking stopped. When I saw the look left on Devin's face, and the tears there... oh my god. Poor Devin... poor everybody. At least Devin and Xander weren't COMPLETELY dropped from the subject altogether, but I can't help but feel mournful. *clings to her Devin Yappity*

But now I want to strangle that Demon who was talking to Kria. So he not only has everyone prey on people for the sake of some sort of sick Demonic tutelage, but he's willing to let his comrade have the blame for the entire massacre pinned on him. Wow. What a complete and total dip@$^&.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Keaton the Black JackalGlory DOES live, though I think she always WAS blind, now that I think about it.

Look back on previous strips, and how different her eyes are up close from everybody else's. While everybody else's has some sort of 'shine' to them, hers are a glassy, very two-dimensional shade. Just look here and compare. This means she may rely on some supernatural other sense to navigate.
That would explain why she doesn't look up at Devin while she's speaking to him.  But that wouldn't explain why she knows Abel has wings...

Alondro

*Charline merely chuckles*  That's the nature of evil, my dear.  We care for nothing but our own power and survival.  All others are either resources for us to use or obstacles to be eliminated.  We of the intelligent evil are the ultimate in evolution!  Our genes survive because of our aggression and willingness to do whatever it takes to outlast everyone else, and our careful plotting to ensure we are not discovered until we're too powerful to stop.  I admire whoever is behind this sinister act.  Allowing flunkies to take the blame and die is a perfect plan.  No one will remain to give away the truth of who instigated it, save for the Master's pupil, Kria.  

*Alondro suggests* Could it be Senator Palpatine?   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sunblink

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on February 02, 2007, 09:50:22 PMBut that wouldn't explain why she knows Abel has wings...

Like I said, she could be using some sort of sixth sense or even a kind of magic to help her see.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Alan Garou

Glory's blind. Meh. Most paladins are already blinded by their own hubris. ;) But now I am worried about Abel. Let's just hope he doesn't get attacked on the way home.

superluser

Quote from: Meech on February 02, 2007, 09:29:56 PMEveryone is dead.  All of the camio's are dead.  There's a story you don't want to be in.

Dorian is very dead, but I don't think that we can necessarily say the same for Kammi.  I'm pretty sure that the guy nailed to the wall is Selev.

Did Zina ever have Dorian as a real character, or just sketches?

Quote from: Meech on February 02, 2007, 09:29:56 PMGlory lives!  Though without the sense of sight.

I forsee a lucrative career in fortune telling.  Either that or a job selling balloons to Peter Lorre, if the gods decide to strike Glory male.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 02, 2007, 09:46:37 PMGlory DOES live, though I think she always WAS blind, now that I think about it.

You may be right, but I think not.  Either Glory's Daredevil good, or she has sight.  She seems to be able to track objects, and she knew something about Abel.  It's possible that she has some sort of creature-sensing powers, but I'll have to use Ockham's Razor and prefer that she was blinded in the battle.

Quote from: Alondro on February 02, 2007, 09:53:21 PMCould it be Senator Palpatine?

That is why you fail.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

It looks like kria's feeling bad, probably knows about abel's friendage with the dead devin there.

Anri

Glory being blind from the start does seem to make more sense, really, and that she's guided by something else. She did seem to sense the magic before it even struck them. I'd even be willing to bet that she could tell Abel was a 'cubi rather than just someone with wings but isn't so 'blind' as to classify all 'cubi as bad. She probably knows something of the different clans and the fact some are peaceful. Being blind, after all, does tend to enlighten you in other ways.

Meech

Quote from: superluser on February 02, 2007, 09:58:16 PM
Quote from: Meech on February 02, 2007, 09:29:56 PMEveryone is dead.  All of the camio's are dead.  There's a story you don't want to be in.

Dorian is very dead, but I don't think that we can necessarily say the same for Kammi.  I'm pretty sure that the guy nailed to the wall is Selev.

It can't be, unless Selev has breasts.  The character nailed to the wall is female, or a herm.  Also, Selev was frozen solid in a chunk of ice.

Sunblink

Quote from: Meech on February 02, 2007, 10:10:18 PMIt can't be, unless Selev has breasts.  The character nailed to the wall is female, or a herm.  Also, Selev was frozen solid in a chunk of ice.

Agreed, but let's also think about the magnitude of Devin's ice spell. You would think that something that ENORMOUS would've resulted in a much messier death than a simple nail to the wall.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Anri

*ahem*

And as an aside, the little valentines Fa'Lina donations box is too cute!

Zedd

Aridas

i'm pretty sure the person stuck against the wall is one of the good guys...

Zina

Aw, Dorian. A for Effort.
Amber told me from the very beginning that this will be Dorian's fate. All things considered, I'm surprised he made it this far without dying.
Dorian was quite the ass. No one will miss him.
Well, except for maybe a little bee.

Narethlian

I doubt the off-screen demon is Dark Pegasus for one simple fact. From what we can tell against Kria's wing, it has a defined hand. DP has hoof-like claws if you look back at the 'Warrior for Hire' arc.

But, Amber may well make the mystery demon DP, she may not. I rather think that she is planning on Cubi parent or some other new character that may make a come-back later to haunt Abel.

-Nar

Aisha deCabre

I would actually agree that it might be DP, it does seem to be his style.  Condescending and higher-than-though, though I wonder if not all demon "teachers" are kinda like that.

One thing at least, I actually like and respect Kria a bit more.  In this comic it does prove that she does have a good side, somewhat motherly...of course we know that with Lorenda, but when she was raising Lorenda, she tried teaching her to be evil.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Zedd

Whoever it may be...The fate of Devin and Xander can never change

Magic

Quote from: Narethlian on February 02, 2007, 11:19:22 PM
I doubt the off-screen demon is Dark Pegasus for one simple fact. From what we can tell against Kria's wing, it has a defined hand. DP has hoof-like claws if you look back at the 'Warrior for Hire' arc.

Bravo. Well discerned, there.

Also, try checking the hairstyle of Kammi in the 'Glory's group' picture to the person nailed to the wall.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

superluser

Quote from: Meech on February 02, 2007, 10:10:18 PMIt can't be, unless Selev has breasts.  The character nailed to the wall is female, or a herm.  Also, Selev was frozen solid in a chunk of ice.

Selev was in the tower when the spiky ice blast hit.  Whoever that shadow is is also in the tower, impaled on an icicle.  It broke off when the body collapsed.  What you call a breast looks like a shoulder to me.  The joint is leaning forward and the arm is turned back.  Either that or the character has breasts sticking out of her collar bone.

Dorian never made it up.  Glory was last seen (by the teacher) running, presumably outside.  So either Kammi alone made it up but didn't come out or it's not Kammi.

I also note that Devin's eyes are shaded, not flat like Glory's, so that might not be indicative of blindness.

Edit:

Quote from: Ink on February 02, 2007, 11:39:12 PMAlso, try checking the hairstyle of Kammi in the 'Glory's group' picture to the person nailed to the wall.

You have a good point.  Unless Kammi has more cartilage in the ears than we expect, the ears are too high and too small to be hers.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Nino

Zedd

Well the wind will blend along and cross the plains the harmony of us cubi all will speak of bloodshed,horror,and sadness of this young boys happyness pulled away from him much like a piece of paper while burning hard as the cosmos of space!