2/2/2007 Unforeseen Scenarios

Started by Roureem Egas, February 01, 2007, 10:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roureem Egas

This is going rather well. It's really nice that Jyrras didn't rip out on Dan. All should be well, soon enough. c:

And for some reason, I think Dan's and Jyrras's faces look different somehow.

superluser

Dan should not be smiling here.  It is, of course, in just about anyone's character who still has a beating heart to be smiling at that point.

Jyrras' face is right, but Dan's looks a little short (and a very pointed chin).

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kenji

.... Dan almost looks like he's nibbling on his hand to look cute...

Azlan

He did not plan for that scenario... he must be confused.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

xHaZxMaTx

Faerie Alex

Jyrras seems to be taking this well. Maybe he's just in shock.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

RushFox

Good, he told the complete truth. I'm glad Dan is relieved that he cleared the name of his sister and that he can probably talk to Jyrras without getting his ear talked off.

Here's hoping Dan actually gives some good advice for once...

superluser

I wonder if Jyrras knows that Dan is mistrustful of `cubi in general?  That might make this whole thing easier to deal with, but from what I've seen, Jyrras is still going to be plenty pissed for Dan's prejudices against Abel.

He is also going to be plenty mad at Dan for lying to him.  Why couldn't Dan have just taken Jyrras aside, explained the situation and let him in on the deception *before* he started talking about Dan?

Well, you know and I know, but Jyrras doesn't.  He doesn't even know that Alexsi was kidnapped.  He probably thinks that she was out at the mall or something.  He also doesn't know why there were reporters.  Probably thinks that Dan was just hamming it up for the cameras.  (well, he *was* hamming it up, but it wasn't his choice)

And yes, Jyrras is taking it well because the reality hasn't fully sunk in, yet.  It's an enormous concept.  You've got to start small.

A little note--I thought that the cathartic aspects of confessing affection would be helpful, but it looks like Jyrras will be robbed of that opportunity.

Also, have we ever actually heard Jyrras say that he likes Dan?  We found out when Abel read his mind, and we know from metonymy that he said it between 720 and 721, but have we ever heard Jyrras say it himself on-screen?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Veritas

Quote from: RushFox on February 01, 2007, 11:09:09 PM
Good, he told the complete truth. Too bad that Jyrras is probably going to hide the fact that he likes Dan too...
Um, what? Though the details weren't shown on screen, Jyrras seemed to talk about that before even MENTIONING Abel. And whatever the sequence of events, Dan knows.

I'm actually surprised Dan is so at ease with this, considering how agitated he looked when stalking out past Alexsi. I guess bleak humour will do that, though. And possibly the aforementioned catharsis.

The Lurking Dragon

We didn't get the whole story on-screen, but it was implied Jyrras told the whole story between the end of 720 and 721. Hence the odd expression noted and commented on at the time.
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

Zedd

Sides least he's shocked and not upset...Least he's not killing him with...MIND BULLETS!!

Stygian

What happened to the wonderful foamragerage-kneebitingscreamfury? *is incoherent at the time, please hold on*

RushFox

Quote from: Veritas on February 01, 2007, 11:28:57 PM
Quote from: RushFox on February 01, 2007, 11:09:09 PM
Good, he told the complete truth. Too bad that Jyrras is probably going to hide the fact that he likes Dan too...
Um, what? Though the details weren't shown on screen, Jyrras seemed to talk about that before even MENTIONING Abel. And whatever the sequence of events, Dan knows.

I'm actually surprised Dan is so at ease with this, considering how agitated he looked when stalking out past Alexsi. I guess bleak humour will do that, though. And possibly the aforementioned catharsis.

I blame College. My mind's kinda muddled on this stuff sometimes...

Anyways, I'm hoping their friendship doesn't take a blow from this. This last panel shows some hope of recovery though.  :3

Supercheese

I don't blame Jyrras for not anticipating that.

In regards to Amber's rant, I can say that more informative strips would be greatly desired.  :eager

Aridas

This was the absolute least possible thing that could've happened. Given the contradictions...

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Zedd on February 01, 2007, 11:35:58 PM
Sides least he's shocked and not upset...Least he's not killing him with...MIND BULLETS!!

That's telekinesis, Dan!  How 'bout the POWER--

...to move you?

:mowwink

But honestly I think Dan's kinda in a wash of relief over telling Jyrras and not being a pathetic CryCubi.  And I think he really does think Jyrras is cute when he's in over his head; just not in the way Jyrras is kinda wishing he would.

Zedd

You do know it could gone alot worse..Everyone here on this forum know that he could as well fuemed a giant ball of angist onto Dan..Or maybe that comes later

Saist

* je.saist imagines Jyrras gnawing on Dan's legs

that would be funny...

Valynth

I think this is turning into a "Well it WAS bad, but now that we think about it, it's actually quite funny"  situation.  You know, like the time you write on your friends face when he/she is sleeping.  They chase you for a bit till you're both worn out then you start laughing and both collapse from laughter and exhaustion.

The cycle then repeats untill you cease being friends and serves to re-inforce the friendship.  If only I knew the feeling.  Oh well, I'll make due, kinda like how I made my emotions outa styrofoam cups, plastic wrap, and elmer's glue.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Fex

Hehe Fy's face looks cute in the last panel :3 and I never expected that something like this would happen

is it me or are Jy's ears bigger in the last pannel     aaaah EARZILLA

Tycoon

I feel sorry for Jyrras; thinking up all those other conversation alternatives must have used up his sanity.

Quote from: Supercheese on February 02, 2007, 12:13:47 AMIn regards to Amber's rant, I can say that more informative strips would be greatly desired.  :eager

Add another one onto that train of thought! *Hops aboard*  :boogie

Tapewolf

Two hours and I still can't think of a better comment than "So far, so good".

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LionHeart

Quote from: Tycoon on February 02, 2007, 05:51:51 AM
Quote from: Supercheese on February 02, 2007, 12:13:47 AMIn regards to Amber's rant, I can say that more informative strips would be greatly desired.  :eager

Add another one onto that train of thought! *Hops aboard*  :boogie

Indeed. *adds his own vote to this*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Sunblink

Well, okay, this comic is a LOT calmer than I thought it would be. Then again, DMFA tends to be rather unpredictable in general, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

So far so good. If Jyrras actually believes Dan, then things should go very smoothly. Then again, like I said, anything could happen.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Feather Dancer

Well doing it on yourself can come in useful sometimes, be it thinking with a clear head or doing an Arry and completely forgetting what you were gonna say :D Thar be hope yet, and hopefully pirates.

I wonder if Pip ever got out that toaster.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

ShiningShadow

Well it's going smoothly Dan and Jy-Jy needs to really talk about this and their feeling about each other. Okay I will say this don't get mad at me Dan is right that he said he is hurt when Jy-Jy dosen't go to him and talk about his feelings for him and work things out. They are friends for a very long time and I think these two best friends need a long talk to each other to put things in perspective and open in their friendship.

Madmann135

Jurras is a real brain, though one would guess with all the crazyness in lost lake the way "Alexsi" was acting would be a bit of a warning signal that 'Alexsi" wasn't Alexsi.

Though I like how Dan and Jy-Jy are handling this unique situation.  Jyrras thinks of thousands of possiable senario's but when he and Dan come face to face Jyrras's senario's are all mute and Dan can only laugh.

All in all considering how it is going Jyrras will learn more about Dan and Dan will learn more about Jyrras.

I bet in 5-30 years Jyrras and Dan may have a short affair, after Dan marries Matty

I've been looking at the Donation's counter and something got my attention.
Pyro as a bananna, Mab as a bunch of grapes, Lorenda as a pear and Jyrras as an orange.
I can understand Mab and Lorenda but Pyro and Jyrras doesn't make sence to me.  Pyro is more of a chilli-pepper (always making an apearence at some unexpected places) and Jyrras is more of a green apple.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Madmann135 on February 02, 2007, 09:31:23 AM
Jurras is a real brain, though one would guess with all the crazyness in lost lake the way "Alexsi" was acting would be a bit of a warning signal that 'Alexsi" wasn't Alexsi.

Though I like how Dan and Jy-Jy are handling this unique situation.  Jyrras thinks of thousands of possiable senario's but when he and Dan come face to face Jyrras's senario's are all mute and Dan can only laugh.

All in all considering how it is going Jyrras will learn more about Dan and Dan will learn more about Jyrras.

I bet in 5-30 years Jyrras and Dan may have a short affair, after Dan marries Matty

I've been looking at the Donation's counter and something got my attention.
Pyro as a bananna, Mab as a bunch of grapes, Lorenda as a pear and Jyrras as an orange.
I can understand Mab and Lorenda but Pyro and Jyrras doesn't make sence to me.  Pyro is more of a chilli-pepper (always making an apearence at some unexpected places) and Jyrras is more of a green apple.

I don't think so hmmmmmmmmmmmm now i'm thinking. But in all these two will have to settle things between each other once and for all. To me it's like Jy-Jy is totally inhibited by Dan afraid to talk to him and such. I think Dan has this dominating strong character it influences the people around him well in this case Jy-Jy. That's how I see it

Angel

(pokes the orange fade in the background) Is prettyyy......

And yeah. An awkward moment that not even sitcoms have used yet. Wow.

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Alondro

*Charline grins*  Dan is smiling because he's enjoying confusing his next victim!  *points at Dan commandingly*  Now EAT Jyrras!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif