1/31/07 - Nothing you can't handle...?

Started by Stygian, January 30, 2007, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Zedd

Heehee...Well seems like a nice make up scene here

Aisha deCabre

That's probably one of the most serious last panels I've seen on a strip.  Quite well done, this one.  When it comes to the Lost Lake crew, Abel shouldn't count on being out after a short time.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

Well done Stygian.  and Aisha i l loved the last panel too. confrontation at last. but what really got me was ables boast. he may not have meant to but get the feeling that he kind of steered these events to this conclusion. i wonder how able will handle this.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Boog

Yeah, they tend to hang on to their hangers-on. Abel isn't getting out nearly as fast as he thinks he is. After all, he has to get Dan orientated as a cubi, and Dan's got hundreds of years to be stubborn about it.

King Of Hearts

hmm ...its suspiciously close to Valentines... is it... posible?

Nah, oh poor Abel... just beak out the belts and white makeup already.

superluser

You know, growing up, my family moved me to the middle of nowhere, leaving all my friends behind, and into a place where every other person was betting on silage judging.  I told myself that it was only three years there, and then I'd be out, so why bother making friends.

Bad idea, Abel!  (In my defense, however, my attempts to make friends often did result in things like getting banned from the Waffle Shop.)

Also, he's only going to be there for two years?  It sounds an awful lot like they're not planning on having Dan actually enroll at SAIA full time.

Also also, the expression that Jyrras has is just heart-wrenching.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

e_voyager

don't you know it. i still think it's bee two years before Dan will realizes that he wants to take Matilda out on a date.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

inaripup

Oooo...someone pulled the Drama Tag!

Anyway, this comic reminded me of a fanart I wanted to do. I was about to start it, when I realized a) all my pencils are broken and b) I do not own a pencil sharpener. So, until I get some proper materials (tomorrow), I just want to post the poem that the picture is going to be based on.

I have seen you, little mouse,
Running all about the house,
Through the hole your little eye
In the wainscot peeping sly,
Hoping soon some crumbs to steal,
To make quite a hearty meal.
Look before you venture out,
See if pussy is about.
If she's gone, you'll quickly run
To the larder for some fun;
Round about the dishes creep,
Taking into each a peep,
To choose the daintiest that's there,
Spoiling things you do not care.

Kenji

Quote from: King Of Hearts on January 30, 2007, 11:06:12 PM
Nah, oh poor Abel... just beak out the belts and white makeup already.

No amount of Smacko the Clown is gonna help them now. o:

Jyrras makes me sad. :<

Roureem Egas

Quote from: e_voyager on January 30, 2007, 11:07:26 PM
don't you know it. i still think it's bee two years before Dan will realizes that he wants to take Matilda out on a date.

That'd be after the drama subsides from Dan's trip-ups. :3 And then there's the very slight possibility that Destania contacts him...for some reason.

superluser

Couple of things I just encountered...

(1) A wallpaper-sized version of the last panel would be spiffy.  Especially reworked for a wider aspect ratio (longer bench, little more space between Dan and Jyrras).
(2) What the heck is Lorenda?  Zucchini?

Kenji

Supercheese

superluser

Jim Halisstrad

Smell that?  Thats some character development right there in the oven of the future.  It smells like quallity.

As the creator of the comic develops her art skills(z) I've noticed that she has improved greatly in other areas as well.  Though I'm sure everyone knows this.

But I love it, for I am a whore for story.
A good example is sluggy (for those who read it).  I started reading sluggy becauce of the humor, but That Which Redeems and Oceans Unmoving are my favorite Arcs.
And it's starting to turn that way for this comic, I'm looking forward to the interactions between the characters.  Not the punchline.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not praying to my secret shrine for Miss Mab in my basement closet that she gives up humor completly.  Quite the opposent, the jokes and antics rock.  I'm just saying that this comic has yet to reach a stagnent spot in it's quality and improvement *COUGHGENECATLOWWITHTHEANGRYSMILEYEYESBEINGUSEDEVERYFREAKINGCOMICTOTHEPOINTOFMAKINGMYEYESBLEED
Cough*.

Wow, I was relativly coherent with that post.  Man Fa'Lina's rack is awsome.

GabrielsThoughts

my brain keeps playing the Godfather theme song for some reason.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 31, 2007, 12:08:23 AMmy brain keeps playing the Godfather theme song for some reason.

The over the shoulder shot does remind me of the scene where Don Corleone is in the garden with that kid.  I'm not even sure if they used the same shot in the film.

...or were you referring to something else?

Kasarn

Fex

*sniff* after reading the comic I just want to sit next to Jy and hug him *snif*

Azlan

He is such a sad looking little guy... I'll help you hug him, after I get this speck out of my eye. *sniffle*
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Valynth

I don't hug guys.  In what may be related news, my cuteness filter seems to have commited suicide due to overload.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Supercheese

Tycoon

Well, I must say that my heart nearly exploded when I saw the last panel, Amber did a helluva good job with it.
When a comic nearly makes you cry, then you know that it's working.

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on January 30, 2007, 11:39:16 PMMan Fa'Lina's rack is awsome

Yes, very much so  :)

Sid

Well, to Abel, everything under a decade is hardly worth a diary entry.

Can't help but wonder about two things, though.
1) Is the cut from the third panel to the fourth one a sign that Abel's master plan is coming together, or that he is dead wrong?
2) Something that's been puzzling me for a GOOD while: What's with the numbers under each rant? I'm not sure if that was mentioned in some rant or thread, but they've been there for a few weeks or so, I think... o.o
:boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on January 31, 2007, 06:13:40 AM
Is the cut from the third panel to the fourth one a sign that Abel's master plan is coming together, or that he is dead wrong?

I think he's shortly going to learn that Jyrras wants his body.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AndersW

What happened to Dan's bracer's?  When we last saw him in 735
he had bracer's on both arms and what looks like an armband on his left arm.  But in todays comic they are gone.  Did amber forget about them or did he take them off?

Also, Jim Halisstrad, could you edit your post.  The text you have in CAPS has no spaces in it, and is causing me, and likely other people, to have to scroll from side to side to read other peoples posts.

ShiningShadow

Poor Jyrass I could feel for him. Being all confused and Dan is doing the right thing by talking to him. I know it's very hard for Dan to say these things from the heart. I will wait till friday to see what Jyrass will say to Dan.

Feather Dancer

With Abel, I can't help but wonder if he doesn't try to make friends for that underlying fear that they may go the same way as Xander and Devin, this is of course just a ponder from the backstory.

I also hear the tense music play in the last panel, oh noes D:
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

ShiningShadow

Sort of I have freinds life is grand till somebody kill them off. I could see why Abel is so distant on this subject and trying to handle it on his own.