01-24-2006 hippo hips and resolvement

Started by Madmann135, January 23, 2007, 09:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

Well... who knew taunts would be so funny and cliffhangers so annoying.

I knew Abel was Childish but that's childish to a new low.
Though I must say that look on Alexsi's face in panel one has a hint of... sweet mischif behind it.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Sunblink

I can't help but laugh at Abel's childishness here. Especially the use of 'I know you are but what am I?" XD Brilliant. This is a rather humorous departure from the epicness (not an actual word, but who cares. I'm tired and I'm just typing up this post before I go to bed) of Abel's Story, and it's much appreciated on my part. Gotta love Fa'Lina's expression, too. She embodies the visage of an annoyed mother, there, excess of make-up and all.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

superluser

So wait.  Abel sent away for Fa'Lina, but doesn't want to talk to her?

Hippo hips.  Abel does know that Fa'Lina's a shapeshifter, right?

(Figures that Amber would update during the State of the Union...I keep telling myself that I'll stop listening, because he sounds like a non-stop campaigner...)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Madmann135

something just came to my thought and I don't know if it's been talked about before but here it is.

now what would happen if Alexsi decided to marry Pyro and they had a child.  Now with a sucubus adopted mother and a step mother that doesn't like dragons what would be of the marrage and Destania's grand-dragon.

I still wanna see a cubi-mythos...

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Kenji

Eh, just grab his tail and yoink him outta there. Whether the floorboards come out or not is optional. :3

Manawolf

She's a shapeshifter, but in any case, she's chosen a shape that's perfect for childbearing.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on January 23, 2007, 10:05:26 PMShe's a shapeshifter, but in any case, she's chosen a shape that's perfect for childbearing.

So she shifts into a flounder and slips under the bed.

You know, beds aren't that heavy.  If I saw someone under a bed and I didn't want to play games, I would just lift the side up and continue talking as if nothing happened.

Quote from: Madmann135 on January 23, 2007, 09:53:37 PMI still wanna see a cubi-mythos...

Abel's friend and Ink!  :B

Distracting

I wish being civilized was like that just a little more often. World problems would seem so insignificant compared to who got the last cookie...

GabrielsThoughts

Alexi looks a little lopsided but otherwise I have no complaints.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

King Of Hearts

Hippo hips...

I dont really think that's a proper way to address a lady... especially a woman of her... uhurm... stature.

*imagines Abel being dragged out, claws digging into the floor and going NGYAAAAAAAAAAWRRR!*

Manawolf

Yeah, maybe he should tuck in that tail.  He even has it up in the air.  He couldn't make it easier without putting a "Pull Me" sign on the end of it.

Alan Garou

"Hippo-hips." Funniest insult I have heard in all of my years. Abel hiding under the bed is ultra-cute, but, more importantly, Fa'Lina's here! This can only mean bad. I just hope, for her sake, that she doesn't make the classic "grandkids" comment to her face. If she does, she's in for a world of hurt.

Manawolf

Alexsi is leaning to one side (hence lopsidedness), but Fa'Lina seems to have suddenly gone super hourglass.

Zedd

Well they do loook huuuuggeee...And shes bloody freaking 7 feet tall!

Alan Garou

Quote from: Zedd on January 23, 2007, 10:23:12 PM
Well they do loook huuuuggeee...And shes bloody freaking 7 feet tall!
They tried to frisk me
And throw me against the wall
They had to get a ladder
'Cause I'm over six feet tall

:ipod

Kenji

Quote from: Manawolf on January 23, 2007, 10:16:28 PM
Alexsi is leaning to one side (hence lopsidedness), but Fa'Lina seems to have suddenly gone super hourglass.

Yeah, nothing wrong with Alexsi's angle. But her eyes.... gah. o_o She looks super joyed to see Pyro. But hey, then again, everyone else ignored her and Pyro might give her snuggles. That's always a good reason to go "woot!".

Sienna Maiu - M T

aww... that's so cuuute...
Feel the love.

superluser

What's the deal with the dot on the wall?  Usually, Amber uses either an abstract background, or a realistic background with realistic-type shadows.  Is that supposed to mean something?  It kinda looks like the ellipsis background, but that doesn't make sense.

Quote from: Alan Garou on January 23, 2007, 10:32:44 PMCause I'm over six feet tall

She's actual size, but she seems much bigger to me.

Madd the Sane

It's amazing what Abel will do to get out of talking.  Of course, he already acts like that.
No improvement.  :<

And just so you know, it's now 2007  :B
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Aleolus

Hippo-hips??!!?  Oh, this will NOT end well, not unless Abel and her are on much better terms than I suspect they are.

Manawolf

I think right now, Amber is probably kicking herself over how Alexsi turned out in the first panle...or spanking, whichever she prefers.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on January 23, 2007, 11:38:28 PMI think right now, Amber is probably kicking herself over how Alexsi turned out in the first panle

I'd like to know what comic *you're* reading, because she looks fine to me.  It's no Vitruvian Man, but it's not Guernica either.  There are no obvious defects.  Alexsi is too small to be rendered well in the image, but that doesn't reflect lack of talent, just one consideration (framing) taking precedence over another.

Don't make me break out the ruler in the Gimp.  I've done it before, and I'm not afraid of killing catgirls!

Distracting

I agree...there's nothing wrong with the character. It's just the perspective.

A random thought I had was if Fa'Lina tried going after Abel (just as any sane babysitter should do...or something) and someone ends up walking in at a bad moment. I don't know about any of you, but stuff like that always happens to me.

e_voyager

childish maybe but that also sounds like a death wish to me. i can tell you i've never said anything like that to my old teachers
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Manawolf

I refer you to this strip: http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_672.php

It was just a simple comment that like many artists, Amber is able to see every little mistake made in her art.

Azlan

Only Abel could "get away" with calling Fa'Lina that... 
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Manawolf

If by the quotation marks you mean "Strung up by his tail before she leaves" then yes.

Saist

Abel is either the dumbest, bravest, or flat out MOST CRAZY Cubi that ever existed/will exist.

Good night, calling Fa'Lina Hippo Hips???
* je.saist suddenly has a mental image of Fa'Lina playing Krew from Jak II...

Teroniss

Quote from: Madmann135 on January 23, 2007, 09:53:37 PM
something just came to my thought and I don't know if it's been talked about before but here it is.

now what would happen if Alexsi decided to marry Pyro and they had a child.  Now with a sucubus adopted mother and a step mother that doesn't like dragons what would be of the marrage and Destania's grand-dragon.

I still wanna see a cubi-mythos...

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_555.php

I think a cubi-mythos would look something like the cubi in the bottom-left corner of the third panel. Thats just my opinion though, what it would really look like, who knows.

Zedd

I called her clever bitch and I was blown to tiny fireyball bits...Im still digging the soot outta my ear