1-8-7 Alright...

Started by Manawolf, January 07, 2007, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

Get up, give him a going away punch, and go after Jyrras.

Turnsky

abel needs to see sucker-punchaholics anonymous  :mowtongue

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Manawolf

Right after he sees how a shoryuken feels.

King Of Hearts

Hi I'm Abel and Im a punch-aholic.

Hi Abe--*SUCKER PUNCH*

Roureem Egas

Win.

All I have for now, which irritates me. :/

Seth C Triggs

I guess Dan got pretty much pwned there...heh!

Abel should wear that outfit more often, BTW...it really works on him!

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Faerie Alex

True, but there's no holes for his wings. :B

At least it's 3 different people...I suppose it's better than the same person thrice.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Kasarn

Quote from: modelincard on January 07, 2007, 11:25:22 PM
True, but there's no holes for his wings. :B

That doesn't really matter if his clothes aren't real :E

Distracting

Quote from: sethtriggs on January 07, 2007, 11:19:42 PM
Abel should wear that outfit more often, BTW...it really works on him!
I think the outfit enrages him. First the thought of it made him sucker-punch Pyro. Then there's the other two sucker-punches when he was actually wearing it.

"By gods! Abel is wearing the outfit! Run for your lives!!" :U

superluser

So... on the subject of

(1) Abel is a jerk
(2) Abel is using methods of persuasion that, to us, make it seem like he's a jerk but are in fact highly complex psychological techniques

I've gotta go with (1).  Sucker punching people is not going to encourage them to seek out your help, and unless you intend to drive a wedge between your patients and all of their emotional supports, it's not going to help them to solve problems on their own.

Plus, in this case, it means that Dan is going to have to confront Jyrras while he's got the heightened stress response going on, which tends to make every problem look like a nail, and every tool you have seem like a crescent wrench.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Alright...What a nice blow to the head...

Turnsky

Netami

For someone who was chiding Wildy's physical form of dealing with issues, Abel sure isn't much better.

Valynth

How many people care to place bets on wether or not Dan will return these blows with interest?

Also, for the love of all that is holy, why doesn't some one just drill a hole through Dan's thick skull (and yes, I'm be quite literal)?  It doesn't take much thought to explain that "I was pretending to be Alexsi for the interview, now on to the current grudges you may hold against me..."  But that'd be my approach and since I am apparently far more enlightened than him (that WAS a shot people), he'll screw up yet again...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

superluser

Quote from: modelincard on January 07, 2007, 11:25:22 PMTrue, but there's no holes for his wings.

Are we sure about that?  The closest that I can find is 710, and we can't see the back that clearly.  It would seem odd that Merlitz wouldn't have holes for his wings just in case he had to perform some magic...

Quote from: Netami on January 07, 2007, 11:51:12 PMFor someone who was chiding Wildy's physical form of dealing with issues, Abel sure isn't much better.

That was Mab.  (Remember Mab?  It's a song about Mab...)

Anri

Education via blunt trauma at work! :3

Netami

Oh right, Abel never actually chided Wildy for her physical stuff... Just the writing.

Eibborn

Dirrhurrhurr Try the truth, Dan!

Abel is such a jerk. :D
/kicks the internet over

Valynth

sometimes you must use surgical precision and timing to cure some one of a mental disease.

In the case of stupidity, you need to RIP IT OUT AS FAST AND BRUTALLY AS POSSIBLE!

Thank you.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Brunhidden

Dan isnt really stupid, he just has a bad case of paw-in-mouth disease.

what size shoe does he wear? he looks like he would wear about a size 12 and those would hurt when he puts it in his mouth. taste nasty too.

QuoteYou never cease to amaze me, It is as if you always know the exact wrong thing to say in every situation imagineable.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Zedd

Quote from: Brunhidden da Muse on January 08, 2007, 01:33:33 AM
Dan isnt really stupid, he just has a bad case of paw-in-mouth disease.

what size shoe does he wear? he looks like he would wear about a size 12 and those would hurt when he puts it in his mouth. taste nasty too.

QuoteYou never cease to amaze me, It is as if you always know the exact wrong thing to say in every situation imagineable.

I think its a common plauge for men like him...Edward must had it too...

Kesh

Quote from: superluser on January 07, 2007, 11:36:54 PM
So... on the subject of

(1) Abel is a jerk
(2) Abel is using methods of persuasion that, to us, make it seem like he's a jerk but are in fact highly complex psychological techniques

I've gotta go with (1).  Sucker punching people is not going to encourage them to seek out your help, and unless you intend to drive a wedge between your patients and all of their emotional supports, it's not going to help them to solve problems on their own.

Plus, in this case, it means that Dan is going to have to confront Jyrras while he's got the heightened stress response going on, which tends to make every problem look like a nail, and every tool you have seem like a crescent wrench.

Honestly? Dan needed a swift kick in the butt. Abel just aimed a bit higher. And used his hand.  >:3
But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.

RJ

Someone needs anger management classes. Or a sit in the naughty corner.  >:3

Cogidubnus

Those with the thickest skulls learn the best lessons.

I wager Abel is going to suckerpunch the entire cast at some point. Just to balance Mab's list of things to hug.  :3

Manawolf

But half the cast would also not let him get away with such behavior (at least Alexsi, Wildy, and possibly Mab won't).

Turnsky

Quote from: Manawolf on January 08, 2007, 02:25:13 AM
But half the cast would also not let him get away with such behavior (at least Alexsi, Wildy, and possibly Mab won't).

lessee, feline with big hammer, Ferret with lots of throwable sharp objects and axes... and... well, Mab..

yep, is able tried to sucker-punch that lot, he'll end up on the short end of the stick.. and potentially in intensive care..  >:3

Manawolf

We've seen how Mab gets when her friends exhibit "disagreements" so what would she do if it came to actual violence?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Manawolf on January 08, 2007, 05:09:03 AM
We've seen how Mab gets when her friends exhibit "disagreements" so what would she do if it came to actual violence?

Abel appears to have smacked Mab up pretty well in #695...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 08, 2007, 05:13:43 AMAbel appears to have smacked Mab up pretty well in #695...

Or he just bustled them out the door, and they tripped over the step.

...and for the record, Mab hasn't had the opportunity to confront Abel about that yet.  And now she has a voulge.

It's also possible that, given the violence she's seen, Mab might just retreat into herself.  Hence why she tries to prevent violence.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on January 08, 2007, 05:29:35 AM
...and for the record, Mab hasn't confronted Abel about that yet.  And now she has a voulge.
It's also possible that, given the violence she's seen, Mab might just retreat into herself.  Hence why she tries to prevent violence.

I think the key difference is one of scale.  In the 'disasters' arc, Dan and Aary were trying to kill each other.  This time around, Wildy simply hit Abel in the nuts, and Abel responded by ejecting them all from the inn in true bouncer style.
Since none of them were seriously threatened, there wasn't much need for her to step in.  If it was Mab rather than Dan who had interrupted the Abel/Pyroduck fight, that might have been different since the stakes were much, much higher.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E