1/03/07: Acceptance

Started by Caswin, January 02, 2007, 09:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Oh, Abel.  What are we going to do with you?

...don't answer that...

EDIT: Year discrepancy?  What year discrepancy?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Sunblink

Something along the lines of pouncing him and kidnapping him for fangirl/boy worship, I'm sure.

Seriously, while I didn't really feel sympathetic for Dan after his little outburst to Jyrras, he looks so absolutely adorable in the first panel that you HAVE to have to feel a little sorry for him.

...Just a little sorry.

Maybe.

I can't WAIT to see Abel's response to Dan's little problem, though, if Dan ends up telling him in the first place. As we've learned before, Abel isn't exactly the best sympathetic ear.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Distracting

I personally like Abel's view towards it. it kinda says to me "Accept it and move on."

Zedd

Rafe

Hey, there's already a thread started.  And  it's 2007 (okay, you fixed that)
Rafe

Faerie Alex

At this point, Jyrras is probablly going to avoid the main room (to stay away from "Alexi"), but will he be looking for Dan now? I could see him walking in and being like "Dan, I...Abel?!...*faint*" Or maybe he'd be angry enough to not have a heart-attack.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I wonder...

How about we send Amber emails that have a subject of "spam spam spam spam spam DMFA spam spam spam" ?

... or would that be spitting into the wind? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Faerie Alex

I think she'd realize it's so crazy a subject that it couldn't possibly be from anyone but a forum member. :)
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Manawolf

It's people like Abel that make want to take up berating others.

::Whaps able with his palm on the back of his head::

"No, bad Abel, you console the depressed, not mock them."

superluser

Yay for shifting focus!

And yay for off-model Dan in the first panel!  Could we make that the new model?

Should we start making odds for whether/when Abel will read Dan's mind?

Another thought occurs.  We were concerned that Merlitz's old party might run into Alexsi when she returns, but what if Jyrras runs into Alexsi?  Two possibilities:

1.) Jyrras runs off and seeks Dan's protection
2.) Jyrras lights into Alexsi, who quickly figures it out and gives Dan something pure and simple, like a hammer to the forebrain.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 02, 2007, 09:38:11 PMHow about we send Amber emails that have a subject of "spam spam spam spam spam DMFA spam spam spam" ?

DMFA's off. (and no, you can't just have spam instead)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Jinni

I don't think that Dan will tell what his problem is in specifics, at least not that easy. Expecially since it includes insulting Abel. However thats funny how Abel responded to that   :wiggle

DigitalMan

Quote from: Manawolf on January 02, 2007, 09:40:56 PM
"No, bad Abel, you console the depressed, not mock them."

But mocking them is so much more fun :dface

Manawolf

"Who do you think you are, Kevin Featherline?  Don't be a ******bag!"

Hellcat

since when did Dan get those bracers he's wearing?

Turnsky

new fashion accessory, it's all the rage with other cubi  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

superluser

Quote from: ??? (aka Hellcat) on January 02, 2007, 10:08:22 PMsince when did Dan get those bracers he's wearing?

They hide his headwings.

Of course, now that he knows how to hide his headwings, I...they...you win this round.

Zedd

Quote from: superluser on January 02, 2007, 10:10:58 PM
Quote from: ??? (aka Hellcat) on January 02, 2007, 10:08:22 PMsince when did Dan get those bracers he's wearing?

They hide his headwings.

Of course, now that he knows how to hide his headwings, I...they...you win this round.

Not to mention someone needs a good twating  :smack

superluser

OK.  Serious, now.  The last time we saw Dan with a bracer was 492.  There he was wearing only one.  When's the last time we saw him wearing two?  Still looking.

Anyways, he didn't bother putting them on the day of his return from SAIA, and the next day (i.e. today) he was wearing the green outfit, which might not go well with the bracers.  Now he's back in the robe, and the bracers are in.

Alternately, now that he's had his talk with Jyrras, he feels bad, so he's putting on the bracers as a reminder of the trouble he's caused his friend, and to remind him that he has to make it right.

Manawolf

Must we nitpick this aspect.  Dress how you want, as long as you provide proper coverage.

Madd the Sane

:lol

The green outfit Dan was wearing at the start of the arch was most likely formal wear.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

GabrielsThoughts

odd how daniel reminds me of ranma lately..
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Boog

HA! That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you deal with depression. Kind words make one feel better, but a handful of insults, some common sense and perhaps a kick in the rear get results, on the basis that one remembers them longer. Quite clever indeed.
Or this could just be Abel acting in his usual Devinlike manner. Think that might have something to do with Devin's mind being the first one he ever read?
QuoteWell I could be wrong, but according to some sources I'm a jackass!

Manawolf

If the result your looking for is suicide.

Boog

Quote from: Manawolf on January 02, 2007, 10:48:37 PM
If the result your looking for is suicide.
Different people handle things different ways. Sometimes what someone needs is someone to tell them to get over themselves, not simply let them sink further and further into moping.

Manawolf

It's a gradual process.  While I prefer bluntness, some things must be handled with care as you pull them out of the hole they have dug.

Gildedtongue

I think as a Cubi, Abel's just sick of Emo.

There's too much and it ain't tasty.  And if Dan goes too long with it, he'll tell him "it's down the road, not across the street."

Zedd

If you think "all cubi" display of emoting of peoples problems..and you be a d***ed jacka%$...Course theres no better to display your emontions on the front desk is but to tell Dr. Rewanz >:3

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Manawolf on January 02, 2007, 10:53:35 PM
It's a gradual process.  While I prefer bluntness, some things must be handled with care as you pull them out of the hole they have dug.

what of the individuals that dig their own trench, and then refuse to see the truth no mater how often you reveal it to them?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Manawolf

Unfortunate souls who would rather wallow in their misery than to try and get back on their feet.  While it takes effort to actually recover, it is worth it in the long run.  Time marches on, and so must everything that it affects.

Cvstos

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 02, 2007, 09:38:11 PM
I wonder...

How about we send Amber emails that have a subject of "spam spam spam spam spam DMFA spam spam spam" ?

... or would that be spitting into the wind? :-)

Or how about "spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam and spam"?  :D :D

Yes, yes, Monty Python references abound!   :mowcookie 
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein