12-29-06 Girlfriend

Started by Alan Garou, December 28, 2006, 10:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Garou

Wait a minute here, the way Fa'Lina's talking it almost sounds like Pyro is her son. WTF?  :erk

Kibin

Probably just a figure of speech, and Pyro is probably just a long friend of Fa'lina...

Sid

I think it's just motherly. </reference to old arc>
Fa'Lina's really getting some nice expressions in this arc. Especially here in the second and third panels.

Since I didn't follow the other threads of this encounter, I can't and won't comment on the possible implications.
:boogie

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Zorro

DUCKY

Seems the Nick name has a story behind it.   :)

Anticheese

Quote from: Alan Garou on December 28, 2006, 10:31:47 PM
Wait a minute here, the way Fa'Lina's talking it almost sounds like Pyro is her son. WTF?  :erk

Same here..

Aisha deCabre

It just seems to me that Fa'lina likes to be a sort of wacky mother-figure to everyone that she knows well.  She gave Dan cookies after all.  Just the sort of person to run a school.

Anyway.  Today's comic is quite cute.  Maybe the first and last time we see a Cubi hugging a dragon.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Teroniss

Hehe, Falina tail wag, thats kinda cute, and scary...

Aridas

If of course it's literal, we're talking about Fa'Lina being an adopting machine. Looking at this comic I realize again how hyooge Fa'Lina is, having at least an entire head-height over Pyro. I wonder if she plays basketball.

Magic

Quote from: Alan Garou on December 28, 2006, 10:31:47 PM

EDIT: Thank you, Aridas.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Kenji

Obviously Fa'Lina traveled back in time, had an affair with Dark Pegasus, which spawned a.... thing, which then went on to breed with creature after creature, then finally had one who had a thing for dragons, thus producing Pyro. So you see, it's all relative. Relatively speaking.

superluser

So for reference--here are the options:

1.) Fa'Lina is Ducky's biological mother
2.) Fa'Lina is Ducky's adoptive mother (in a real, and legally binding sense)
3.) Fa'Lina is Ducky's adoptive mother (in a metaphoric sense, much like Julius Caesar adopted Augustus yes, yes, that was legally binding, too)

It seems pretty from the way that Fa'Lina is acting that she doesn't mean this in an oblique way, and she probably wouldn't do the same thing with Dan or Abel.  This also makes it clear that Fa'Lina's clan is not at odds with the dragons.

Also, this would probably mean that Pyro is younger than Fa'Lina.

(Sorry, I just love saying Ducky.  I have the feeling that it would piss Pyro off, and since I can hide behind my computer screen and the fact that he's a fictional character, I'm doing it.)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Imperial fox

JTFCWTFIGO

Am i missing something, she said what...?
from hostile to friendly to calling him Ducky?
i seriously got to pay a little more attention here...
biological...theres a slim chance, adoptive-posible.
but its still funny :3

Sienna Maiu - M T

Kill-Zone? Sounds like fun >:3

Fa'Lina makes me happy on the inside... in my spleen.
I mean heart <.< >.>

EDIT: You must also keep in mind that Fa'Lina's idea of helping is a fist in the chest.
yep. That's real love for you.

Zedd

Well this is a totalt surpize....The only loving for me she blew me straight to kingdom come :<

superluser

Quote from: Blade Fox on December 28, 2006, 11:03:19 PMfrom hostile to friendly to calling him Ducky?

Well, to be fair, when you're 9000 years old and have lots of power at your disposal, clotheslining someone who is more powerful than you are is probably not as hostile as it would sound.

Anri

It seems more that she 'adopts' various folks. Quite possibly rooting back to what we learned in the fractured history lesson we recieved, where her clan was wiped out and she brought the others together. Made her a little motherly towards many folks... though still not what I'd call a model parent in the least. ;)

ShiningShadow

I think it's pretty weird coming from Falina being all motherly towards Ducky. I have my suspicions on her on the matter of the Dragons and Dan etc. Either she is trying to protect the line of Destina or making Dan destroy the Dragons to have a very strong line in the future generations to come. I still don't trust Falina in any case she's up to something I just know it. And she goes crazy when Duck mentions him and Alexsi as a possible girlfried for that Ducky awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Psaakyrn

2 thoughts:

1) So Pyro's relationship with Alexi wasn't actually intended/known (I mean, intended by Fa'Lina, with her semi-omnipotence, there was a 1/2 chance she would know of the relationship beforehand)?
2) Actually, this might explain the coincidence of their same eye-colour..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

RushFox

Fa-Lina scares me...  :<

That aside, I really feel sorry for Pyro in this arc. Even though this is the most "screen-time" he's had since his introduction in "Twinks", it just seems like he is suffering for most of it.

From his torture here to getting beaten up by Abel, it looks like "Ducky" is definitely getting the "Dan Treatment" here!  >:3

Boog

You guys will overly look into everything. She's just calling him "Her Baby" as one who is simply older than/considers themselves a guiding figure to/would rather like to annoy whoever they're talking to. She's just being Fa'Linaish.
Yeah, woah. Was she that tall the last time we saw her? I mean, in his disguise as a weasal Pyro would be kinda short, but this is getting a tad silly.

Roureem Egas

Fa'Lina's expressions perked up my day. :3

The "hydra-style secrets" went over my head though. Could someone explain?

superluser

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 28, 2006, 11:10:18 PMEither she is trying to protect the line of Destina

Well, that's not too hard to believe.  Let's say, for example, that you were friends with one of the last surviving relatives of Hitler.  You find out that a Czech national is out to kill him.  Does it matter whether or not you believe that the invasion of the Sudetenland was a good idea?  Probably not.  You'd just get your friend out of harm's way.

Likewise, Fa'Lina knows that a close associate of hers has a kid who may be threatened by an enemy.  She might not agree with the ethnic cleansing that Cyra is planning.  Indeed, it sounds like she doesn't.  But that doesn't mean that she wouldn't protect a friend.

It may be that Fa'Lina is, say, Pyro's aunt.  Not a direct blood connection, but perhaps she married a dragon, and that dragon's brother is Pyro's dad.

Quote from: Roureem Egas on December 28, 2006, 11:25:11 PMThe "hydra-style secrets" went over my head though. Could someone explain?

Explain one secret, two others appear.

(Last I checked, there were still a few relatives of Hitler living.  They don't like Great Uncle Adolf, and have all taken an oath never to have kids.)

Edit: Are half of us idiots, or has the cast page for Pyro been recently updated?

Edit edit: It's not in the Wikuwiki.  Yet...

Psaakyrn

I'm assuming it's a recent update. And on the matter of cast page updates, I think Amber's page needs an update as well..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Psaakyrn on December 28, 2006, 11:40:27 PM
I'm assuming it's a recent update. And on the matter of cast page updates, I think Amber's page needs an update as well..

NEVAH! I'll be 22 forever! D:

bigj

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 28, 2006, 11:48:04 PM

And living in Da Nile.  :mowtongue

I loved this comic. Fa'Lina is quickly becoming one of ly favorite characters.

Narethlian

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What the... Frig?

Oooooookay.  Two more questions for every answer is about right.
Although the updated cast page answers one of them.  Cubi-dragon hybrid doesn't seem likely anyway, so I'm rather relieved to see it is adoptive.  So, although a time traveller, he's been adopted by Fa'Lina?  Which raises many a question more.

At this rate...

*grumbles while digging ex-girlfriend's grass skirt from closet*

-Nar

superluser

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 28, 2006, 11:48:04 PMNEVAH! I'll be 22 forever! D:

Fine.  You want to keep paying higher insurance rates, that's all right by me.

...No, seriously, I'm over 25; you can stop counting, now...

Quote from: Big J on December 29, 2006, 12:04:05 AMI loved this comic. Fa'Lina is quickly becoming one of ly favorite characters.

I never used to like her.  Still don't know if I like her, but she's definitely growing on me.

Mock AV

That was pretty funny and I'm guessing the comment was just a kind passive friendship things. Also I just realized, Fa'lina has really(3) large.... yeah

-Mock out

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Panyko on December 28, 2006, 11:48:04 PM

bah, age is nothing.. looking old and feeling old on the other hand, is entirely different...

(how i envy the cubi)

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..